LockedHunters United for Sunday Hunting

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3509
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 12:35:27 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: wayne c

Environmentalists should not be the voice of any hunting organization PERIOD. Only way to ensure that is to not have them as members, let alone go out of your way to encourage it. My view really cant get any more clear than that, I think.

I agree but that is not what I asked you. Unless of course you believe a conservationist and environmentalist are one in the same. At this point it is you, Wayne, that are appearing to be foaming at the mouth trying to justify a relationship and intertwining of terminologies that are far apart.

Again I will ask. Should SCI and the NRA not welcome non-hunters or non gun owners who support thier respective goals and missions? It is you who suggested it and you have a chance to clarify it.
post edited by dpms - 2012/05/09 12:43:26

My rifle is a black rifle
fisher98
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 37
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 12:36:15 (permalink)
Lemme guess esox. PennFedder?

And now you are calling John Mack a "greeny"?

Good to see you able to understand something for a change.
wayne c
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3473
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 12:38:25 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dpms

Environmentalists should not be the voice of any hunting organization PERIOD. Only way to ensure that is to not have them as members, let alone go out of your way to encourage it. My view really cant get any more clear than that, I think.

I agree but that is not what I asked you. Unless of course you believe a conservationist and environmentalist are one in the same.

No. not "the same" but I addressed the real issue in the above quote, that you didnt ask me, I think.
wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 12:41:08 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Esox_Hunter

Yes what a enviro, antideer, wacko, and enviroextreme, idea to encourage other resourceful participants to strive towards such a goal.  It has to be a conspiracy.   

I dont think clean air, water etc. are the "goals" that are problematic. Think your an intellectual enough fella to have been able to figure that out without needing it pointed out, no? So why the deception?
dpms
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 12:41:12 (permalink)
Your dancing like hot oil on a griddle.

wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 12:44:31 (permalink)
Says Mr. Canola. D]

What I find to be the funniest part is seeing you trying to dictate what my position is, changing it up as you see fit, because you have no counter for my actual position. I dont support these types being involved in hunter related decision making (EITHER)... And you want to focus on something else...

Then accuse ME of "dancin". lol.
post edited by wayne c - 2012/05/09 12:45:24
dpms
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 12:46:52 (permalink)
Meaning NONHUNTING conservationists. Having those type in our hunting groups speaking as "hunters" is a huge mistake.

It is you that suggested that non hunters should not be accepted into sporting orgs? I provided some examples three times without a response, only spin.
post edited by dpms - 2012/05/09 12:48:18

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4012
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 12:48:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: fisher98

You would make a good contestant on "Dumb, Dumber and Dumberest" on the X on Wednesdays. Me thinks you'd even have a good chance of winning.

dpms
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 12:51:05 (permalink)

What I find to be the funniest part is seeing you trying to dictate what my position is, changing it up as you see fit, because you have no counter for my actual position.

I don't have to counter anything. You have made you position clear for all to see. As out there as it is, I am giving you the opportunity to clarify it. Which is a very good thing.

Below is your position;
Meaning NONHUNTING conservationists. Having those type in our hunting groups speaking as "hunters" is a huge mistake.
post edited by dpms - 2012/05/09 12:57:50

Esox_Hunter
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2393
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 12:51:51 (permalink)

Yes what a enviro, antideer, wacko, and enviroextreme, idea to encourage other resourceful participants to strive towards such a goal.  It has to be a conspiracy. Â Ã‚ 

I dont think clean air, water etc. are the "goals" that are problematic. Think your an intellectual enough fella to have been able to figure that out without needing it pointed out, no? So why the deception?

No deception here.  You still can't seem to grasp the delineation between Conservationalist and Environmentalist.  Anyhow, it doesn't really matter since you already have your mind made up as usual.   
wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 12:53:20 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: eyesandgillz

ORIGINAL: fisher98

You would make a good contestant on "Dumb, Dumber and Dumberest" on the X on Wednesdays. Me thinks you'd even have a good chance of winning.

Youre being far too modest gillz. Whiners and name callers like yourself who have nothing but, to support you, are head and shoulders above guys like fisher & me (Wayne #2 LMAO!). No contest. The Zonbie nonsense is also a "plus" in your favor. lmao.
post edited by wayne c - 2012/05/09 15:19:53
wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 12:57:23 (permalink)

Yes what a enviro, antideer, wacko, and enviroextreme, idea to encourage other resourceful participants to strive towards such a goal.  It has to be a conspiracy. Â Ã‚ 

No deception here.  You still can't seem to grasp the delineation between Conservationalist and Environmentalist.  Anyhow, it doesn't really matter since you already have your mind made up as usual.   

Really? You know as well as I and everyone else that was nothing more than deflection from the point that was made about your previous post and questioned intent.

Of course Ive made my mind up. This isnt the first time Ive discussed or looked into these issues. Ive known the facts surrounding this stuff for quite some time now.
post edited by wayne c - 2012/05/09 13:02:01
wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 13:00:18 (permalink)
Dpms said: You have made you position clear for all to see. As out there as it is, I am giving you the opportunity to clarify it. Which is a very good thing.

I said: Environmentalists should not be the voice of any hunting organization PERIOD. Only way to ensure that is to not have them as members, let alone go out of your way to encourage it. My view really cant get any more clear than that, I think

Thanks for the opportunity. Think I made the best of it. Only thing "out there" is you Pen federation guys views of reality when it comes to our deer herd and forests, and who should or shouldnt be in sportsmen organizations. lol.

Guess thats why in the period of just several years, y'all lost such a huge chunk of your membership?
post edited by wayne c - 2012/05/09 13:04:23
Esox_Hunter
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 13:03:30 (permalink)
What is the point then in your opinion, Wayne?  Is it because PFC solicited the assistance of conservationist groups to help promote their goals?   
Esox_Hunter
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 13:07:19 (permalink)
To address your constant editing:  What facts do you know regarding this issue?  Please do share.  This is your chance to substantiate your position so the rest of us can be enlightened.   
wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 13:07:48 (permalink)

What is the point then in your opinion, Wayne?  Is it because PFC solicited the assistance of conservationist groups to help promote their goals?   

Well thats not exactly what this thread started out as, but if you want my views expanded upon to go into these other areas in depth, then no. Thats how it shouldve been. But it wasnt. It was a small group of ENVIRONMENTALISTS that put it into motion and 100% dictated direction. PERIOD. Perfectly documented by Mr. Eveland. Btw, I replied believing you meant PGC unless you were asking me about fish & boat issues?
wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 13:13:36 (permalink)

To address your constant editing:  What facts do you know regarding this issue?  Please do share.  This is your chance to substantiate your position so the rest of us can be enlightened.   

Youve been made aware of much of this many times and provided the facts. Your postions have remained unchanged. I dont see any legitimacy in need among rational posters showing me a "need" for them to be "enlightened".

If you have any real, and particular things you have a sincere interest in, as always Id be happy to help. Seeing as thats not the case, think Im more than content to let the postings all 'round speak for themselves.
World Famous
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2213
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 13:33:45 (permalink)
As for me, I would support Sunday hunting for small game and turkey. Afew days of saturday rain and a guy with bird dogs or beagles is S.O.L. unless he waits for winter season. Some people still work for a living. There is enough time already to hunt deer...WF
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 13:44:13 (permalink)
The true test of the motives behind this lawsuit will become clearer when we see where the big money comes from to support it. The original attempt failed because there wasn't much support from the hunting community for Sunday hunting and there was opposition from the farmers. I don't see them getting enough money from the hunters to fund it but they seem to expect to see some big money doners. Who those doners are will reveal the merits of what they are attempting and who will benefit.
dpms
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 13:45:20 (permalink)
Only thing "out there" is you Pen federation guys views of reality when it comes to our deer herd and forests, and who should or shouldnt be in sportsmen organizations. lol.

Guess thats why in the period of just several years, y'all lost such a huge chunk of your membership?

Not a member of PFSC for what it is worth to you.

bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 13:48:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: World Famous

As for me, I would support Sunday hunting for small game and turkey. Afew days of saturday rain and a guy with bird dogs or beagles is S.O.L. unless he waits for winter season. Some people still work for a living. There is enough time already to hunt deer...WF

That's about how I feel about it.
Although a few Sundays in Archery would be kinda nice..

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

dpms
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 13:49:26 (permalink)

I said: Environmentalists should not be the voice of any hunting organization PERIOD.

And I have said I agree with you. But my question was and still is concerning this comment you made.

post edited by dpms - 2012/05/09 13:50:35

fisher98
New Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 13:49:27 (permalink)
I guess you quit too. Good move.
dpms
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 13:52:20 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

That's about how I feel about it.
Although a few Sundays in Archery would be kinda nice..

Would like to see Sunday small game, youth turkey and bear. None of which I do currently. Did take a MY once for spring gobbler.

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4894
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 14:18:03 (permalink)

BINGO!

We have a winner.

Agreed.

I'll add that since a vast majority of the pheasants are put and take, with a limit of only two per (which can bring a huntng day to a rather quick close), having the extra birds taken by hunters on a Sunday rather than by critters with four legs or wings is preferable.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
RSB
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 932
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 14:25:44 (permalink)

What is the point then in your opinion, Wayne?  Is it because PFC solicited the assistance of conservationist groups to help promote their goals? Â Ã‚ 

Well thats not exactly what this thread started out as, but if you want my views expanded upon to go into these other areas in depth, then no. Thats how it shouldve been. But it wasnt. It was a small group of ENVIRONMENTALISTS that put it into motion and 100% dictated direction. PERIOD. Perfectly documented by Mr. Eveland. Btw, I replied believing you meant PGC unless you were asking me about fish & boat issues?

Just put an Eveland picture on your tinfoil hat and I dont think either their thoughts or knowledge will be able to infiltrate and make its way into your head.

R.S. Bodenhorn
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 14:52:04 (permalink)
Just put an Eveland picture on your tinfoil hat and I dont think either their thoughts or knowledge will be able to infiltrate and make its way into your head.

R.S. Bodenhorn

I see folks are still trying to demonize Eveland just because they couldn't show where the information in the videos he put together were anything but factual and available in other forms on the internet.
fisher98
New Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 15:00:27 (permalink)
Not folks. Just Pgc and their little posse. Rsb is a pa gameless commission employee just very rently retired. His opinion of Eveland is about as bad as the opinions he has regularly given about hunters. He can bash the world, but the facts have not changed.

http://www.acsl-pa.org/pdf/3020THOSE%20RESPONSIBLE%20FOR.pdf
wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 15:21:56 (permalink)
Im confused, are those people "enviromentalists" or "conservationists"? One things for sure, they are not representative of "hunters" lol. Although I wouldnt be surprised if they were members at some state level clubs. lol.
post edited by wayne c - 2012/05/09 15:22:58
RSB
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 932
RE: Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/05/09 15:31:04 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: S-10

Just put an Eveland picture on your tinfoil hat and I dont think either their thoughts or knowledge will be able to infiltrate and make its way into your head.

R.S. Bodenhorn

I see folks are still trying to demonize Eveland just because they couldn't show where the information in the videos he put together were anything but factual and available in other forms on the internet.

Even though his rants are based on facts of who has had input into the current deer management program it does not prove anything other than the fact that a high percentage the most wildlife/habitat knowledgeable people in the state recognized the facts that deer numbers, habitat and future for both hunting and deer are not unrelated issues.

As near as I have seen the only people that do support Evelands rants are those that have no knowledge of the deer/habitat relationships and/or simply choose to believe in conspiracies where clearly none exist.

But none of that really has anything to do with the original topic.

To bring it back to topic and for the record I do not support Sunday hunting, but for a different reason than most have expressed.

R.S. Bodenhorn

post edited by RSB - 2012/05/09 15:38:12
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: