Out of sight, out of mind?

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
RhnstnCowboy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2583
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 13:08:52 (permalink)
Show me your papers!

"Part of being a Leftist is the smug conviction that you and people like you are smart, while everyone else is stupid and/or evil"
- T. Fleming
World Famous
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2213
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 13:55:37 (permalink)
Thats the other half of the story, I knew i was forgetting something Dars..WF
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4894
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 15:09:42 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: World Famous

Thats the other half of the story, I knew i was forgetting something Dars..WF

They wanted to see if it was one of theirs.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1849
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 15:19:59 (permalink)
If any ones feels their right are being violated don't hesitate to file a written complaint with both your state legislature and with the PGC.
World Famous
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2213
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 16:12:38 (permalink)
They can tell by the tags in their ears....WF
LOVETOSHOOT
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 191
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 16:31:39 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: psu_fish

ORIGINAL: LOVETOSHOOT

I believe that you are supposed to carry your ID with you PSU. Do you take your's out of your wallet?

I put my LTCF in my license pouch, never carry my Drivers License. It's a photo ID issued by Clarion County..so if the local WCO has trouble with it, I'll take my chances with the local magistrate

You are good PSU...Photo ID is required.  I got a warning about it before because I only had the replacement notice of a lost liscense.  I didn't get my photo card till later.

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 18:50:46 (permalink)
WOW.. some interesting stuff here...

WF wants all hunters to be safe once they get to their car and take off their hunting clothes...

and Musky does not want a WCO checking for a licnse or anything else unless he sees a game code violation..

WOW would hunting change for me....

#1 === I would not have to buy another hunting license.. (under Musky's plan) .. A WCO could not check me if he did not see me breaking a law ... my bank account sure would like those added dollars...

I could have UNLIMITED deer harvests... shoot a deer in the back yard.. drag it home put it in the trunk and take off my hunting clothes.. WOW

heck I probably could just go hunting in my street clothes if I can not be checked if not breaking some law...

heck with using the crossbow or compound in archery .. shoot them with a rifle.. put it in the trunk take off your hunting clothes and your home free.. wait I do not even have to wear hunting clothes for much of archery season... and once in the car I can not be stopped... WOW

AMAZING where I do I vote for these great changes
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/11/17 18:53:56
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3104
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 18:57:49 (permalink)

I believe that you are supposed to carry your ID with you PSU. Do you take your's out of your wallet?

I put my LTCF in my license pouch, never carry my Drivers License. It's a photo ID issued by Clarion County..so if the local WCO has trouble with it, I'll take my chances with the local magistrate

You are good PSU...Photo ID is required.  I got a warning about it before because I only had the replacement notice of a lost liscense.  I didn't get my photo card till later.

Ya I like the LTCF route, its photo ID and I can keep my SR9 on me if I want. Another option is if you dont wanna risk losing your Drivers License is to get a PA ID card.

Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 19:07:06 (permalink)
An expired photo ID is satisfactory when asking for ID such as an expired drivers license.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 19:08:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

WOW.. some interesting stuff here...

WF wants all hunters to be safe once they get to their car and take off their hunting clothes...

and Musky does not want a WCO checking for a licnse or anything else unless he sees a game code violation..

WOW would hunting change for me....

#1 === I would not have to buy another hunting license.. (under Musky's plan) .. A WCO could not check me if he did not see me breaking a law ... my bank account sure would like those added dollars...

I could have UNLIMITED deer harvests... shoot a deer in the back yard.. drag it home put it in the trunk and take off my hunting clothes.. WOW

heck I probably could just go hunting in my street clothes if I can not be checked if not breaking some law...

heck with using the crossbow or compound in archery .. shoot them with a rifle.. put it in the trunk take off your hunting clothes and your home free.. wait I do not even have to wear hunting clothes for much of archery season... and once in the car I can not be stopped... WOW

AMAZING where I do I vote for these great changes

What is scary is that you even think this way and then to post..............And some wonder where the thugs goons and not so nice guys get ideas .
psu_fish
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 19:09:59 (permalink)
For real OA ? That's even better than for those that are worried about losing current Drivers License in the woods
post edited by psu_fish - 2011/11/17 19:10:22
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 19:16:21 (permalink)

For real OA ? That's even better than for those that are worried about losing current Drivers License in the woods

Ya for real. I pack all licences , tags and expired ID into a holder and tape it shut. Good to go until I need to revove it.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 19:18:24 (permalink)
What is scary is that you even think this way and then to post..............

You have to remember it was you that suggested I 'HANG WITH THE WRONG CROWD"

What I posted are examples of what I was told when I questioned why we have some of the laws we have..

The PGC does not agree with you guys that can count the number of lawbreakers you have encountered on your fingers...

also rememebr I have easy access to several WCOs and other LEOs and know how they think from the "bad" side and try to figure out laws and rules to stop the kind of actions I just humorous posted about...

Again == if you can HONESTLY think many would not do EXACTLY what I humorous posted about
if those were the rules === you are only fooling yourself....

The present laws are designed to make sure what I just humorous posted would/could not happen .....
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/11/17 19:19:48
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 19:30:35 (permalink)

What is scary is that you even think this way and then to post..............

You have to remember it was you that suggested I 'HANG WITH THE WRONG CROWD"

What I posted are examples of what I was told when I questioned why we have some of the laws we have..

The PGC does not agree with you guys that can count the number of lawbreakers you have encountered on your fingers...

also rememebr I have easy access to several WCOs and other LEOs and know how they think from the "bad" side and try to figure out laws and rules to stop the kind of actions I just humorous posted about...

Again == if you can HONESTLY think many would not do EXACTLY what I humorous posted about
if those were the rules === you are only fooling yourself....

The present laws are designed to make sure what I just humorous posted would/could not happen .....

I'm still not laughing. Never said you hang with the wrong crowd either. However your attitude resembles that of some DWCO I know though.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 19:31:44 (permalink)
Any one have any old Pa hunting licenses that were made out of metal ?
psu_fish
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 19:37:17 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Outdoor Adventures

Ya for real. I pack all licences , tags and expired ID into a holder and tape it shut. Good to go until I need to revove it.

Nice...I may have to use my PSU Student ID from 2008 then
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 19:46:42 (permalink)
All the ID is to show that is you as the photo clearly shows that. One thing about an expired DL is that your drivers # is on it and your CID when scanned also will show your DL #. It all goes hand in hand and will meet the requirement. Nothing says that a photo student ID is not acceptable as proper ID either.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4012
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 20:10:33 (permalink)

All the ID is to show that is you as the photo clearly shows that. One thing about an expired DL is that your drivers # is on it and your CID when scanned also will show your DL #. It all goes hand in hand and will meet the requirement. Nothing says that a photo student ID is not acceptable as proper ID either.

Well, if you talk to the retire WCO from the other board, an expired DL is NOT an acceptable form of ID.  It has to be a VALID form of ID, ie. current and not expired. 
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 20:34:31 (permalink)
That retired WCO has been wrong before... here's the digest wording...

While afield, in addition to their hunting or furtaking license, sportsmen are required to have cards or papers that must be shown to an officer or landowner upon request to confirm identification and residencey....

I see nothing about photo, or even current or valid as a matter of fact ... ...

If I do not carry the wallet in ... I have an old driver's license in with the tags and licenses in the holder on my back...and have for 30 years....
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/11/17 20:35:23
psu_fish
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 20:49:42 (permalink)
Would that be HuntPA? There are 2 retired WCOs on that board that are Grade A jerks

I agree with Doc, but I could see some WCOs fining you not having "cards or papers". The reason would be that you cannot prove residency at the address listed on the expired DL. Though a quick check of CID # should cure it. I would hope most WCO's would be reasonable enough to accept it...though one WCO in particular in Venango/Clarion wouldnt

My old student ID could possibly get denied, cause it only has my name, PSU student ID#, my photo and a Nittany Lion logo. There is no address or proof of residency.

I'll stick with LTCF

post edited by psu_fish - 2011/11/17 20:52:13
draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 20:57:22 (permalink)

An expired photo ID is satisfactory when asking for ID such as an expired drivers license.

that is what i carry - expired drivers license
draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 20:58:34 (permalink)

I'm still not laughing. Never said you hang with the wrong crowd either. However your attitude resembles that of some DWCO I know though.

and to think I just wrote him off as a "nitwit".
RhnstnCowboy
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 20:58:44 (permalink)
There are 2 retired WCOs on that board that are Grade A jerks

Most are, retired or not. Just think about the type of person that job attracts.
post edited by RhnstnCowboy - 2011/11/17 21:16:42

"Part of being a Leftist is the smug conviction that you and people like you are smart, while everyone else is stupid and/or evil"
- T. Fleming
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 21:15:29 (permalink)
The CID#s are a wonderful thing .. the WCO can simply go back and push some buttons and find out your address etc... they have really helped when it comes to IDing a particular hunter and to see if he is using some one elses license...
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 21:50:09 (permalink)

The CID#s are a wonderful thing .. the WCO can simply go back and push some buttons and find out your address etc... they have really helped when it comes to IDing a particular hunter and to see if he is using some one elses license...

I thought the idea of a photo ID was to make sure one is not using another's license. That's not really why they check your CID# but think as you want.
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 21:51:34 (permalink)
Wonder how the amish get around that one ??

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

RhnstnCowboy
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 21:52:25 (permalink)
Wonder how the amish get around that one ??

I'd like to know why they don't have to pay into SS.

- T. Fleming
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 22:03:08 (permalink)
Bings...

Most of the Amish I have sold licenses to this year have a social security number... I know.. I was surprised too....

also some have a Pa ID card.. no picture ... but address etc... and it scanned just like a driver's license does...

A couple ladies brought in affidavids stating they and their boys were Amish and I could go from there to get their boys junior licenses for them...
psu_fish
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 22:07:59 (permalink)
I suspect the Amish van drivers are doing alot of straw-man purchases for guns 

&

Section 310 of the Medicare section of the Social Security act has a sub-section that permits individuals to apply for exemption from the self-employment tax if he is a member of a religious body that is conscientiously opposed to Social Security benefits but that makes reasonable provision of taking care of their own elderly or dependent members.
post edited by psu_fish - 2011/11/17 22:09:42
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Out of sight, out of mind? 2011/11/17 22:09:36 (permalink)
I know a few areas that they don't believe in buying a hunting license either. Yes the GC was notified but seem to shy aways from the Amish. Now can they carry a loaded weapon in those buggies while on the highway? It's not classified as a motor vehicle.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: