Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting ==

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1849
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/18 23:57:54 (permalink)
Understood. On a personal level I could care less about SH. Actually sometimes I need a break from hunting. I have more time than I care to hunt anymore. My reasons are to get more involved and give the opportunity to those who need that extra day. Also it would nice to see the families return to camps. I think the sport needs it to continue, too bad HR is effecting it somewhat. HR is just a car spinning out of control, hopefully it stops before our sport goes limp.
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 06:46:34 (permalink)
Most of the land I've lost around here to hunt has been beacuse of leasing.

I think that is by far the greatest problem with getting access to private ground.

The fella I work for has leased out his over 8,000 acres timberland. That's a good chunk of land to loose to posters.

And I'm sure many of your larger timber companies are doing the same.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

akitadog
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 977
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 07:45:58 (permalink)
around here in 2a. between the turnpike commision and a couple guys that have some pull from the inside, they own just about everything. a chunk of land nobody even knows is for sale or didnt make the tax list yet. gets bought, posted and a couple years later a walmart is goen in. and just happen to be the same guy or guys own the property directly across the street from that property that is now also being cleared off for devolopment. before long if you dont lease property or own it your self there is not gonna be anywhere to hunt except the game lands.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 08:25:19 (permalink)
You need to get out a little father from the porch or just get to know your neighbors better. NO DOE HUNTING signs are becoming very popular in 2F, know why ?

sorry I do not believe that at all... not in the Brookville, PUNXY and Brockway areas anyhow..

I know just about everyone around here.... at least in a 10-15 mile circle you have to remember I have lived here for over 20 years and this is not a high population area... and I have worked with local customers for over 6 years now...

tell me where some of these no doe hunting signs are .. I want to check them out.. give me three or four locations any where near here ... my guess is they are probably in 2G

BTW.. yesterday.. 2 hunting licenses sold .. and 5 people wanting another digest and pink envelopes for doe tags....
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/08/19 08:27:14
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 08:44:35 (permalink)
tell me where some of these no doe hunting signs are .. I want to check them out.. give me three or four locations any where near here ... my guess is they are probably in 2G

There are a few places in 1B I am aware of that are posted that way including one I have permission to hunt but usually the landowners who are concerned with the deer population just post no hunting or no trespassing.

Most of the land I've lost was due to the herd reduction effort and the following leasing of land by folks wanting to manage their own deer.
post edited by S-10 - 2011/08/19 08:47:41
dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3509
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 09:27:53 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: S-10
Most of the land I've lost was due to the herd reduction effort and the following leasing of land by folks wanting to manage their own deer.

I would agree.  There are some within the PGC that oppose the expansion of Sunday hunting because of the possibility of losing access.  Some of these same folks vigorously defend the deer program.  I firmly believe that the current DMP has caused and will continue to cause more access problems than Sunday hunting ever would.

For the most part I support the deer program.  Not as much as previously but there are contradictions on many levels within this discussion.
post edited by dpms - 2011/08/19 09:30:32

My rifle is a black rifle
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4894
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 10:03:58 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

You need to get out a little father from the porch or just get to know your neighbors better. NO DOE HUNTING signs are becoming very popular in 2F, know why ?

sorry I do not believe that at all... not in the Brookville, PUNXY and Brockway areas anyhow..

I know just about everyone around here.... at least in a 10-15 mile circle you have to remember I have lived here for over 20 years and this is not a high population area... and I have worked with local customers for over 6 years now...

BTW.. yesterday.. 2 hunting licenses sold .. and 5 people wanting another digest and pink envelopes for doe tags....

There you have it folks.  Whatever happens within a 10 - 15 mile circle of Doc, is gospel for the 44,820 square miles of PA.

And he wonders why I find him short-sighted at times.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
tull66
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1049
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 11:04:08 (permalink)
In the interest of ending a boring thread between freedom loving PA hunters and self-serving government loving anti-hunters, I will offer free of charge permission to use the following uncopyrighted, unpatented, intellectual information.  Feel free to enlarge, shrink, distribute, print, etc.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The closer we adhere to the Holy Bible and the US Constitution (as it was written) the closer we get to the model that made America great. The great American experiment worked, human nature just got in the way.
wayne c
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3473
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 11:29:49 (permalink)
Think i will copy and paste the bolded text and send it to my rep. Thanks!
tull66
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 12:00:36 (permalink)

Our club is very small we have 150 active members.. lots of social members that do not vote on club matters because 90% of them are hunters and campers and are not up here in the middle of the week..and do not attend meetings... plus we are in a "dry township" (i.e. NO BAR) so although the members we do have are really sportsmen and help in activities... the rest use the clubhouse as more of a hang-out when they are at camp... our usual turn-out for any meeting is about 30...

Uhh, help me wrap my arms around this with the "facts" you have posted....
  • 150 active members, usual turnout for a meeting is ~30.
  • 90% of members live somewhere else during meeting day
  • You called folks together for a vote that represents your clubs vote with the PFSC.
  • Less than usual show up
  • 100% vote the same way
  • You are located in a dry township

Conclusion:
You got all your cronies that you personally called to come in for a special meeting and vote, unbeknownst to 90% of the club members, got them whacked out on hooch, and you'll submit to the PFSC that your "club" opposes Sunday hunting.  I guarantee you are a democrat.  I also guarantee that the folks that make up your weekend membership would favor Sunday hunting.

Why would a club that wanted an honest vote, have it in the middle of the week when 90% of its members are known to not be in the area, and the same members ultimately have a chance to DOUBLE the number of days to hunt?

Once again I had been asked by the PFSC to get our club's opinion on Sunday Hunting for the upcoming Fall convention of the PFSC ...
I have always said WED. nite is not a great night for a meeting -- many can not attend...

...but you had it Wednesday anyhow.  Do you know what POS stands for?  You are one.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The closer we adhere to the Holy Bible and the US Constitution (as it was written) the closer we get to the model that made America great. The great American experiment worked, human nature just got in the way.
tull66
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 12:02:25 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: wayne c

Think i will copy and paste the bolded text and send it to my rep. Thanks!

No problem, but he may not realize it is from you with everything spelled correctly.

wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 12:41:31 (permalink)
Im sure he will know it came from Tull, considering the complexity of the message and how much higher your intellect is than mine and all. LMAO.

I'm actually a great speller. Even won a spelling bee and 3 scrabble contests in school back in middle school. Just a pizz poor typer. Fast and sloppy. Just like your use of logic. lmao.
post edited by wayne c - 2011/08/19 13:00:20
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 12:49:34 (permalink)
" between freedom loving PA hunters and self-serving government loving anti-hunters"

So S-10, and Wayne are "government loving, anti-hunters"? REALLY?

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 12:54:54 (permalink)
Tull says alot about alot of things. Not happy unless hes getting attention for his failed comedy act. You can find some of those posts which are actually meaningful in any way, quoted below:

" "
post edited by wayne c - 2011/08/19 13:01:34
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 18:21:36 (permalink)

Wayne ==

I don't even bother reading his BS anymore .... he adds NOTHING to a topic ... and never has...he is simply and out of work comedian looking for an audience here ..

and I certainly will not lower myself to reply to him anymore
tull66
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 19:15:10 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: wayne c

Im sure he will know it came from Tull, considering the complexity of the message and how much higher your intellect is than mine and all.

Hopefully he will be way(ne) beyond your expectations and recognize it as the mere sign that it is.  We can agree about the intellect part though.  It takes a big man to admit he is dumber than me.  You go girl!

tull66
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 19:21:04 (permalink)

Wayne ==

I don't even bother reading his BS anymore .... he adds NOTHING to a topic ... and never has...he is simply and out of work comedian looking for an audience here ..

and I certainly will not lower myself to reply to him anymore

I don't blame you Dic Trout, the truth can be an inconvenience that interferes with your messages.

Dic, do you really think you add value to a thread?  Which ones?
==============

tull66
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 19:25:04 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: tull66

Our club is very small we have 150 active members.. lots of social members that do not vote on club matters because 90% of them are hunters and campers and are not up here in the middle of the week..and do not attend meetings... plus we are in a "dry township" (i.e. NO BAR) so although the members we do have are really sportsmen and help in activities... the rest use the clubhouse as more of a hang-out when they are at camp... our usual turn-out for any meeting is about 30...

Uhh, help me wrap my arms around this with the "facts" you have posted....
  • 150 active members, usual turnout for a meeting is ~30.
  • 90% of members live somewhere else during meeting day
  • You called folks together for a vote that represents your clubs vote with the PFSC.
  • Less than usual show up
  • 100% vote the same way
  • You are located in a dry township

Conclusion:
You got all your cronies that you personally called to come in for a special meeting and vote, unbeknownst to 90% of the club members, got them whacked out on hooch, and you'll submit to the PFSC that your "club" opposes Sunday hunting.  I guarantee you are a democrat.  I also guarantee that the folks that make up your weekend membership would favor Sunday hunting.

Why would a club that wanted an honest vote, have it in the middle of the week when 90% of its members are known to not be in the area, and the same members ultimately have a chance to DOUBLE the number of days to hunt?

Once again I had been asked by the PFSC to get our club's opinion on Sunday Hunting for the upcoming Fall convention of the PFSC ...
I have always said WED. nite is not a great night for a meeting -- many can not attend...

...but you had it Wednesday anyhow.  Do you know what POS stands for?  You are one.

Dic Trout, I didn't really mean to blow you out of this thread with this hard question, I merely wanted to expose you yet again as a phony.

wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/19 19:59:04 (permalink)

Hopefully he will be way(ne) beyond your expectations and recognize it as the mere sign that it is. We can agree about the intellect part though. It takes a big man to admit he is dumber than me. You go girl!

Tull says hes smarter than me and called me a girl...Oh please... oh please.... take it back! Waaaa! Im tellin' after recess!

Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/20 00:13:15 (permalink)

I think that's an honest question. I would be interested in hearing why also or did you stop replying to me also Trout ?
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/20 08:47:34 (permalink)
I think that's an honest question

YOU WOULD

Well first off === you are quoting something that Tull wrote... NOT ME... that should have told you something right there...

I never said that 90% of the regular members were not there.. I said 17% of the regular members (not social members) were there. We have social members and regular members...
We must be the only club that has that if you do not understand the difference...

I specifically posted a notice that the vote for the fall convention would take place on that day and I brought it up at the monthly business meeting the FIRST Wednesday of the week... so anyone that wanted to vote could have... I did not hide it from anyone that was interested...

Non-active members do not get to vote.... why would we want folks who do not live here, don't show up at "work days", do not attend business meeting and are not active or visit the club except for maybe 2 week-ends a month in the summer and 2-3 days in rifle season setting policy for the club ????

No thanks == I want a club run by the local people who actually attend and help run the club...

We have several "sportmen's club" in the area that you can go and drink, gamble on strip tickets. meet chicks, etc... I call them social clubs, they do little in the way of sportsmen stuff..

We are NOT that kind of club... and if we were I would not be a director... nor even a member..

So what I expressed is (IMHO) a fair representation of not just our club but the resident hunters in this area...

Do you want people in Pittsburgh (for example)voicing their opinions on what should and should not be done about hunting in the area you live and hunt, or would it be better that that be done by those living and hunting there year round, not just the first 4 days of rifle season ??

and the meetings are always on the same days of the month.. has been that way for 60 years... you think we should change that too just because of Sunday hunting.. you guys are UNBELIEVABLE..

Also at any given regular sportmens meeting our attendance is usually 20-30 people ....
I wrote that if I post there is a presentation or guest speaker it will be more, but even then the "campers'(social members) usually are not the ones attending...

While we enjoy and invite the campers and hunters to come to our club, we do not want them "running" the club or making decision on club matters.. Maybe your clubs are run different..

The only reason I even mention the club stuff is to show that I am not making things up about how folks around here feel about the PGC, deer plan etc.. I get accused of making stuff up all the time here.. but I am not afraid to post where and why I get my opinions and statements.. and thus backing them up ... I do not hide behind I don't want to be specific or "get someone in trouble"...

example... where's the answer to my question about telling me where I can find some of these signs that are "becoming so popular in 2F" stating NO DOE HUNTING ... you claimed they are there.. I want to see some ... ???

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/08/20 08:50:55
tull66
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/20 09:02:53 (permalink)

Wayne ==

I don't even bother reading his BS anymore ....

Well first off === you are quoting something that Tull wrote...

Lie or contradiction? 

Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/20 09:44:57 (permalink)
Do your social members pay dues ? Seems odd they don't have a vote. Absent T vote would be fair if you must only have a vote on days most members are not present. I never heard of a club run like the way your is. Even though not all members want or can't work I'm thinking Sunday hunting would or could have an effect on them and their families and should not be omitted from a vote. Surprised you let women vote.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/20 11:22:35 (permalink)

#1.. I saw that OA posted a quote that I had not written or read... so I had to find out who posted the BS.. sure enough it was tull.. no contradiction ... I had not read the post until then...

OA... So woman who hunt or have a son/daughter or husband that hunts should have NO SAY... sounds very prejudice to me

In fact one of the ladies is the one that "runs" our coyote hunt every year !!!!

How many times do I have to say it.. there was a 30 days notice about the vote...

here's what I think.. our club has voted "NO" 4 times in the past several years. so those that support it probably figured why show up the vote will be the same.... what gets turned in is a "NO" vote for Warsaw and that is only 1 of three votes for Jefferson County member clubs...

You guys are just picking apart the fact our club does not want Sunday hunting, which I have said for years was their postion.. LIVE WITH IT.. not everyone agrees with you guys that want Sunday hunting and just insulting and picking apart the process will not change the out-come....

Let me get this right.. you'd like it to be so all the "camp people" (socials) get together and nominate a guy from Washington, Pa to be president.. that's OKAY.. ??

what if he never attends meetings...??

or the local members want to spend money (like we do) and stock trout in the local stream... they vote no.. send the money to us in Natrona Heights to stock down there.. ??????

That's right ???

I certainly would not want to be in that type club....

UNREAL !!!!!!

well off to put a metal roof on the addition...
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/20 11:33:46 (permalink)
OA... So woman who hunt or have a son/daughter or husband that hunts should have NO SAY... sounds very prejudice to me

Like I said as bass ackward as your club seems I'm surprised you let women vote. Perhaps a women director would be in best interst for the club. Hardley fair that not ALL members have a vote.

Sounds like the PSFC sould here about this.....

Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsmen's Club, Inc.
2426 North 2nd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110

Phone: 717-232-3480
Fax: 717-231-3524
Email: Click here to email us

post edited by Outdoor Adventures - 2011/08/20 11:57:39
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/20 12:07:31 (permalink)
I don't know of any organization that has both "active" & "social" memberships, in which "social" members have voting rights.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/20 16:19:02 (permalink)
Thanks spoon...

every club around here has both type members and socials can not vote...

OA's club must be in that area with all the NO doe hunting signs and women not welcome....

BTW the 3 clubs that belong to the PFSC in Jefferson County are..

..Warsaw Township Sportsmen Association
..Sigel Sportsmen Club - really nice club with an IN-DOOR shooting Range !!!!
..and one that is trappers only (I think it is called Pine Creek but not sure
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/20 23:21:19 (permalink)
Any kind of hunting or sportsman club is good. Many large ones have social members. The social members don't work and do not get discounted dues. They are allowed to vote and they do vote when the board of directors are elected.Why your club ignores social members is something I'll have to ask Jim.I guess it's all in how the by-laws are written. As far as women in clubs or in the outdoors ,I never said I had a problem with any. The women I hunt,fish,shoot and travel with whine a whole lot less than you!
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 08:50:29 (permalink)
Where's the NO Doe Hunting Signs you said are showing up everywhere in 2F .. have you forgotten .. I want to check them out ... and get some pictures of them for everyone to see .... ?????????

Put up or shut up !!!!

now who's whining ???

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/08/21 08:51:42
tull66
Pro Angler
RE: Warsaw Sportsmen on Sunday Hunting == 2011/08/21 10:12:19 (permalink)
Still you.

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to: