HSUS again on Sunday hunting

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3509
  • Reward points: 0
RE: HSUS again on Sunday hunting 2011/08/23 07:52:42 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: wayne c

I think thats why people want pgc to have the say. That way legislators are "off the hook" when it comes to answering for the decision to the voting public.

How would the legislators be "off the hook" when it is they that have to pass the legislation to transfer authority to the PGC?

My rifle is a black rifle
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4894
RE: HSUS again on Sunday hunting 2011/08/23 09:07:57 (permalink)
I guess the question I have concerning the legislature is, since 90% of PA citizens don't hunt (I got that stat from these boards, so no telling if it is valid or not) and there are certainly some much, much larger fish to fry for non-hunting voters such as the state budget, school funding cuts, privitization of the turnpike and state stores, state taxes, loss of jobs, marcellus shale taxation, etc., does the blame or non-blame for switching the authority for Sunday hunting to the PGC even register a blip on their "I-need-to-do-this-to-get-re-elected or I-need-to-not-do-this-to-get-re-elected" radar?

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
wayne c
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3473
RE: HSUS again on Sunday hunting 2011/08/23 12:06:25 (permalink)
"How would the legislators be "off the hook" when it is they that have to pass the legislation to transfer authority to the PGC? "

As you know, it would then be up to pgc to implement it or not implement it. Therefore legislators hands would be washed of it. Of course, legislators SHOULD be held directly responsible. And i for one will hold them responsible and encourage others to do the same.
wayne c
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3473
RE: HSUS again on Sunday hunting 2011/08/23 12:08:03 (permalink)
I guess the question I have concerning the legislature is, since 90% of PA citizens don't hunt (I got that stat from these boards, so no telling if it is valid or not) and there are certainly some much, much larger fish to fry for non-hunting voters such as the state budget, school funding cuts, privitization of the turnpike and state stores, state taxes, loss of jobs, marcellus shale taxation, etc., does the blame or non-blame for switching the authority for Sunday hunting to the PGC even register a blip on their "I-need-to-do-this-to-get-re-elected or I-need-to-not-do-this-to-get-re-elected" radar?

Think hunter issues dont matter or cant send a close race over the top? Ask former Rep for decades Dave Levdansky.

S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: HSUS again on Sunday hunting 2011/08/23 15:42:22 (permalink)
The NRA is only four million strong and they influence many national races.
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to: