Trophies...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
waDerboy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1910
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Trophies... 2011/08/11 20:58:52 (permalink)
I found myself with a camera in my vest that I hadn't used all season. I just never took thr time to snap away. Aother fish will come along and I'll take a pic of it maybe and then never did.

I just was more into the fishing than the chronicling (where have I seen that term before)of my success.
With the cheap kodak digg my wife bought me I hope to get back into taking more pics. The fishing alone and trying to release the fish with as little harm done as possible is still tricky bizzniss.

I never will be a good photog but hopefully the beauty of the models will make up for the incompetence of the loose screw holding the camera.
retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
RE: Trophies... 2011/08/11 21:08:57 (permalink)
   Think that when ya die ya take only two things with you- your character and your memories- no one else on earth IMHO has either- the photos-well, perhaps somebody who doesnt understand  cause they werent there will givem a glance before putting them in a box. 
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
RE: Trophies... 2011/08/11 21:46:02 (permalink)
I don't know, to me its not all about taking pictures of the whopper I just caught.. I bet I take more landscape photos then the animal/fish pictures taken.. I understand about chronicling every single thing but really there is nothing more satisfying then looking back to jog all those memories.. Often times forgotten.. Those old photos bring me joy of time spent with folks who are no longer around to share with.. I only chronicle things in hopes my family & friends can do the same.. kinda sappy huh..

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
RE: Trophies... 2011/08/11 23:20:21 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: hot tuna

I don't know, to me its not all about taking pictures of the whopper I just caught.. I bet I take more landscape photos then the animal/fish pictures taken.. I understand about chronicling every single thing but really there is nothing more satisfying then looking back to jog all those memories.. Often times forgotten.. Those old photos bring me joy of time spent with folks who are no longer around to share with.. I only chronicle things in hopes my family & friends can do the same.. kinda sappy huh..

No that is not sappy at all,that's all good!
retired guy
Pro Angler
RE: Trophies... 2011/08/11 23:53:37 (permalink)
   Probably dont take many photos myself cause I'm a mechanical klutz. Coupla times I actually got  the whole fish in the picture. You guys take some great stuff. Keep em coming-helps to quell the pre season jitters.
  Home movies were another thing though-till the burglary - they went south.
post edited by retired guy - 2011/08/12 00:15:22
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
RE: Trophies... 2011/08/12 00:24:56 (permalink)
While we're on this I use to wet the grass, put the fish on and snap away. I don't agree with it now because of their slime getting rubbed off or whatever. Same as dry handing a fish, up lifting out of the water on a sub freezing day.
I, like Tuna find myself taking more pics of landscape or odd things. If I do snap a pic. of a fish it's usually not great because I really want to get the fish off the hook. Mostly I don't even lift them out of the water anymore.
Not busting on anyone who does so, just how I do it.
post edited by salmotrutta - 2011/08/12 00:57:46

Lyrical
retired guy
Pro Angler
RE: Trophies... 2011/08/12 00:28:58 (permalink)
Know what ya mean Salmo- I dont even like to takem outa the water anymore either. I'd probably drown myself trying to release AND get a photo. One hand trying to get the pliers to the hook and the other trying to snap a shot and the rod? OOOPS splash. 
post edited by retired guy - 2011/08/12 00:31:36
draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
RE: Trophies... 2011/08/12 08:09:50 (permalink)
I gotz some recent pics of blood-soaked,hamburger-helperized coyotes shot up close & personal via 12ga #4 buckshot, but Ize don't want to freak you fishheads out.

Besides, this is a fish site, not hunter site.

I always carry a camera, but mostly take landscape pics or oddities I find in the woods.
Fishywise - I rarely bother anymore cause I hardly touch the fish and most caught are unremarkable.

I will make a point to fully document DB in Sept - after he passes out at the campfire and I dress him up...
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: