Why Do They Do It?

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/23 09:18:23 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: salmotrutta

I was hoping to get it cut a month or so back but the doc wanted to try cortisone first. The wonder drug that has never given me anything but more pain.

I'm not sure if it will apply in your case, but when surgery involves cutting and patching ligaments or tendons, you cannot have surgery for several months after you take a cortizone shot - at least that is what a surgeon told me several years ago when I went under the knife.

either way - good luck.
waDerboy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1910
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/23 12:08:23 (permalink)
Thanks for the good thoughts all.
Nervous about it?
Yes, anytime you could end up dead from the neck down its a bit unsettling, but I have confidence all will go well.
Just ready to be past the pain.
Just plain sucks to go on vacation, do nothing but ride in boats fishing, and have to cut it short because some freakin discs decide now is a good time to rupture and press on your spine. Thinking about never taking a vaca again.

Salmomod I have an urn full of the vicodin for other pain that didn't even take the edge off this.
Groggy as hill all the time but the pain is bearable on the real opiate.

Back to the original question.
Too many people think they are unique snowflakes and are entitled to do whatever they want to do however they want to do it.
They don't care that they are destroying other peoples chance to catch these fish in accordence with the law as long as they get theirs.
It goes hand in hand with how society in general is heading.

Tuna you still rock.
Real hardcore oldtimers usually do.
No calling it flossing, lining, lifting or bowling doesn't change what it is and doesn't make it alright.

If I ever get back into the archery gig can I come and live in your playground?

it's not lying if you believe it.
George Costanza
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/23 12:25:54 (permalink)
completely agree with you waderboy... i know it was a ways back in the thread when i posted my take on it; but here we go again

IMO, there is a .0111111111111111111111111111111111111111 % chance a salmon will rise to a fly on the surface or an inch below, therefore, split shots, weighted flies, or sink tips are necessary. i find after fish have entered the river,you must be atleast 1/2 way in the water column to entice the strike; therefore, flossing CAN happen.... there have been a few times i've had salmon grab at the end of my drift and2 of them were in steel season and were cohoes. 1 of them had actually broke water immediately after the strike... with all of this being said; do you really feel as if someone is using either of these techniques in a gentlemen like manner who flosses one or two (maybe many during large runs) is really doing much harm??? i dont. and as i said earlier, the issue is in the lead or sink tips.... do we do away with them???? it's a very fine line we're talking about here. i am by no means promoting flossing/snagging. as ive stated many times in the past as well; these are the reasons i choose to salmon fish early in the season. i usually give it a rest come late sept in to october unless some chrome boys (my favorites) start running early.

so what's the answer here???? do we ban the use of lead on all tributaries??? do we ban the use of high FPS sink tips??? these two pieces of equipment are the main contributer to intentional snagging, intentional flossing, accidental foul hooking and accidental flossing.... ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/23 12:47:24 (permalink)
PAFISH-
Its like this for me-- Last year was up above the Tressel and there were a LOT of guys standing out in the middle of the curve all lined up flossing the heck outa Sharks and Steel on the South side..  Cant run up and try and change all of that. Came here to enjoy fishing NOT ta fight- those days are past.
      Went a bit upstream from them right in line with them and turned round and started having good luck on Steel with my noodle, 12 lb test, and purple sacs fishing against the bank BEHIND all those guys- my fish were undisturbed coming up the North side and were HITTING.
  While taking a break ONE guy with a brand new white 6' snaggin rod with bout 25 lb test came over and asked what I was using. Ended up giving him some smaller hooks, a spool of lighter leader, smaller weights and a handfull of my purple sacs. He had some swivels so he could tie on the leader easily.
     Set up his first rig for him and pointed out a seam near shore where some fish were bound to come into and showed him how to fish it-the RIGHT way.
    Most always carry extra stuff with me cause this happens more than ya might think- not enough to tellem gotta showem.
Saw him a coupla hours later and he said he had a Steel on for quite a while and had lost it but said that it was very enjoyable compared to his previous coupla hours with his new rig trying to snag--- Perhaps ---just perhaps.
post edited by retired guy - 2011/07/23 13:00:35
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/23 12:52:47 (permalink)
so I lied.. but mainly wanted to give a shout out to waDer.. Good luck my friend and hope all comes about well, Pain sucks even when you become comfortably numb to it.. YOU are always welcome in my playground.. Heck get yourself one of those crossbow permits bro…

Now. as Lee said.. Some people get it ,some never will and some continue to fool themselves into thinking its all good..
it's not a weight , sink tip or any other means of fishing that is the cause.. They all have a place in the fishing world, including the SR.. It all comes down to intent.. don’t know how many times I must repeat it..
It's not the occasional foul hooked fish that happens ( have had many myself) .. it’s how you chose to correct that from happening.. Be it fishing different water, changing your leader length, taking weight off, adding weight, moving to produce a different drift, swing or presentation..
If one is truly interested in learning how to effectively fish for Pacific Salmon they must learn how to present a offering to them..
As said the easiest way to learn this is by watching it happen.. Yes SIGHT FISH for them and be prepared to let those who are not interested in your offer to go by, don’t just kerplunk into the depths and yell fish on...

NOTHING to do with the equipment at all !!

Peace & Tuna
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/23 13:58:38 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: hot tuna

so I lied.. but mainly wanted to give a shout out to waDer.. Good luck my friend and hope all comes about well, Pain sucks even when you become comfortably numb to it.. YOU are always welcome in my playground.. Heck get yourself one of those crossbow permits bro…

Now. as Lee said.. Some people get it ,some never will and some continue to fool themselves into thinking its all good..
it's not a weight , sink tip or any other means of fishing that is the cause.. They all have a place in the fishing world, including the SR.. It all comes down to intent.. don’t know how many times I must repeat it..
It's not the occasional foul hooked fish that happens ( have had many myself) .. it’s how you chose to correct that from happening.. Be it fishing different water, changing your leader length, taking weight off, adding weight, moving to produce a different drift, swing or presentation..
If one is truly interested in learning how to effectively fish for Pacific Salmon they must learn how to present a offering to them..
As said the easiest way to learn this is by watching it happen.. Yes SIGHT FISH for them and be prepared to let those who are not interested in your offer to go by, don’t just kerplunk into the depths and yell fish on...

NOTHING to do with the equipment at all !!

Peace & Tuna

Hey tuna, you're opinion and method is deeply respected by all im sure including myself. But it is somewhat a bias one IMO.
. I have had the oppurtunity to see more than a few take my fly and it is awesome; but if this is how you think all should do it; its not possible, as there is not enough "sight fishing" water on the river to host all anglers especially during peak season... (ps; I know your water)

Do you really think people blindly fishing runs, pools, heads or tailouts are wrong??? Can't tell you how many times I've seen it down low when there are no fish at all in the shallow flat waters yet at the same time the runs and pockets are HOLDING (not running) fish all day long.. should the anglers stay away from that water and stand like a bunch of fools with their thumbs up their azzes waiting for fish to move??? Remember it is fishing.... btw; if lead or sink tips were banned; there would be no snagging or flossing possible....
post edited by dimebrite - 2011/07/23 14:00:46
hot tuna
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/23 15:08:29 (permalink)
maybe you miss understood me.. I just said the easiest way to lean is by watching it happen.. If anyone cant take the time to learn and wants instant gratification then they should HIRE a guide, I'd be glad to recommend good ones and inform of those to stay clear of..

Obviously sight fishing is not the only way to fish them.. Once you understand how the fish react, where they hold, how they use the river bottom to migrate and yes when it is time to move on then maybe, just maybe one would learn how to employ things in various situations.. If anyone thinks they can go into a circus pool shoulder to shoulder and "catch" a salmon is only fooling their self.. , maybe just maybe one would realize that if they moved to a different area above or below the "gang" they may find a pizzed off salmon willing to take, or not.. There is plenty of river and fish ..
Maybe, just maybe If one is continuously foul hooking fish they might change they way they are fishing.. But that requires effort..

Making more STUPID regulations is only foolish, those INTENT on "hooking" a fish will do so on a dry if need be, I know ALL the tricks and fine arts of snagging and would be glad to show anyone how to correct if they wish.... If people would show more respect for the fishery , just "fish" and accept that everyday is not based on how many you can "hook" but rather enjoying the experience of "going fishing" and leaving the issues behind then I might take it out of the toilet... for now its far from it.. Just the facts please..

Time for a new Thread:

P.S.
Quote:
Can't tell you how many times I've seen it down low when there are no fish at all in the shallow flat waters yet at the same time the runs and pockets are HOLDING (not running) fish all day long.. should the anglers stay away from that water and stand like a bunch of fools with their thumbs up their azzes waiting for fish to move??? Remember it is fishing.... Quote:

stop fooling around man..I'll fish pocket water and runs all day long.. As you said you know the water I fish.
They are Hiding in that heavy water or deep pools.. Yes then its time to find active fish.. or stand around with a thumb up ones azz I guess..

We really need to fish together sometime and pass on the good times.. I'm marking the 18th in for salmon just cause..
Hope to see many folks around.. And yes I will fish any water one wishes if they fish some I wish too..

post edited by hot tuna - 2011/07/23 17:14:48
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/23 15:39:58 (permalink)
HT,could n't had said it better.....intent is what it is all about!
Are you going to make it on the 18th for our get together?
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/23 15:44:33 (permalink)
WaDer,good luck on that surgery,hope you can get out there soon.
fichy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1896
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/23 16:54:06 (permalink)
Prayer sent for your surgery, Wader.  Heal quickly.

Charlie
hot tuna
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/23 17:40:00 (permalink)
Not to put you down but that is so funny.. Didn’t know times were that hard up.. I will donate all my legal caught fish to anyone who needs to eat that bad.. Or even the discarded eggs that one cant buy at any tackle shop..

why do I kill animals or fish ?
Because it is a privilege to eat wild game that comes with regulations, not a right..

Man I got in over my head here and REALLY need to as Bobby would say "take a step back, and another one"
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/23 18:09:53 (permalink)
Tdog not puttin ya downS here but I gots ta calls the BS on your logic.

If someone can afford to buy a license and the gas to get to the river, plus gear to um"fish" with they are not desperately in need of meat or eggs.
Much cheaper to simply buy them and stay home.

metalslayer
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 689
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/23 19:02:22 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: waDerboy

Yes, anytime you could end up dead from the neck down

I thought that was ALREADY the case for years---all kidding aside--best of luck w/ everything--and we finally have to get out when ur better.

Steel on a pin---so easy a caveman can do it.
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/23 19:13:16 (permalink)
Tuna- don't stress over the interwebs man. Just talk...

DT- Hope you're wrong about the cortisone thing. He said no such thing and I hope it can be done soon. It's bad enough putting up with nerve damage in my back they can't/won't fix. The arm puts me over the edge.

WaDer- Dem oxy's make a fella sleepy. PM me for details about yer urn.

Lyrical
metalslayer
Expert Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/23 19:36:56 (permalink)
Slammo---don't b a kitty and put it of till the snow flies---bring up some hot pink and dark red comets and slide away from the fudge fest on Sun morn and I'm pretty sure I can get u ur 1st hoe---BTW if the broken wing is ur wankin arm---just bring an xtra couple pks of Marb reds---girls up here work pretty cheap

draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/24 06:41:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: metalslayer
slide away from the fudge fest

I thought you were bringing the chips

BTW if the broken wing is ur wankin arm---just bring an xtra couple pks of Marb reds---girls up here work pretty cheap

Slammo is a happily married man, but if he intends to sway away from Marital Bliss, he can just make a trail of vicodin breadcrumbs and play Peter Piper with the Pooooolaski hotties. The toothless beauties would have a hard time holding a smoke in thier moufs, but they would have no problem swallowing a pill - almost as voraciously as the Cohos hit your comets...
post edited by draketrutta - 2011/07/24 06:49:24
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/24 06:42:56 (permalink)
p.s.

Slammo - are you going to make up a banner for the DBland get-together?

draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/24 07:02:05 (permalink)
was going to fish this morning, water release on my home river today intended for the rubber hatchers, but instead I walked back behind my house pre-dawn and blasted a few crows into oblivion. Man - they sure hate my Great Horned Owl decoy and fly in intending great harm, until my little 12ga friend turned them into woodland fertilizer....

I love the smell of gunpowder in da morning...

post edited by draketrutta - 2011/07/24 07:03:13
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/24 08:49:45 (permalink)

Yes, anytime you could end up dead from the neck down

I thought that was ALREADY the case for years---all kidding aside--best of luck w/ everything--and we finally have to get out when ur better.

People have been saying dead from the neck up until this point.
If I knew what that meant I just might think they were insulting me!!!

Don't know how this is going to play out with my vaca and personal time, so how much I get out is a big ? as of now.
Do know that after paying into the insurance companies pockets for 40 plus years with little coming back in my direction I find I owe minimum of $3000, in advance of course, for a 24-48 hour hospitel stay so my traveling(read DSR a thing of the past) funds are going to be tight for sure.
Nothin broken in a system that works like that.
Thinking about pizzin the bed and breaking stuff just to be sure I get my monies worth.

waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/24 09:08:29 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: salmotrutta

Tuna- don't stress over the interwebs man. Just talk...

DT- Hope you're wrong about the cortisone thing. He said no such thing and I hope it can be done soon. It's bad enough putting up with nerve damage in my back they can't/won't fix. The arm puts me over the edge.

WaDer- Dem oxy's make a fella sleepy. PM me for details about yer urn.

Specially when mixed with dem valiums, but then thats the whole idea I quess.
Started of on vikes and flexeral and they knocked the pain down to a level where I was getting an hour and a half to two hours of sleep.
Stepped up to the big leagues and now get 5 or6 but I feel like I am going through life trying to catch up to everyone else. Coming up with pithy one liners long after the conversation has changed subject a half dozen times already.

draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/24 09:38:11 (permalink)

Thinking about pizzin the bed and breaking stuff just to be sure I get my monies worth.

Do a few "gill grabs" on the nurses - blame it in the drugs....

Flexeral is good stuff. The hard-core pills = Percocets. They took all the pain away - but I felt like I was looking through a bubble for several days after I took those pills.
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/24 13:51:45 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: draketrutta

Flexeral is good stuff. The hard-core pills = Percocets. They took all the pain away - but I felt like I was looking through a bubble for several days after I took those pills.

quote:

Perkies are the ones oxy+tylonal= percocet.
Like having to feel around for the floor with each step.
Never really understood the downer thing myself.
Me likey to fly high not turn into a pile of uselessness kinda watching life pass me by.

Enough of my pity party lets get back to snaggin, linin, liftin and fishin.

waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/24 13:52:34 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: draketrutta

quote:

dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/24 16:56:54 (permalink)

stop fooling around man..I'll fish pocket water and runs all day long.. As you said you know the water I fish.
They are Hiding in that heavy water or deep pools.. Yes then its time to find active fish.. or stand around with a thumb up ones azz I guess..

We really need to fish together sometime and pass on the good times.. I'm marking the 18th in for salmon just cause..
Hope to see many folks around.. And yes I will fish any water one wishes if they fish some I wish too..

h toons; not fooling man, was just asking questions to understand your outlook a little more... i thought that you only sight fished. glad to hear you dont only do that... secondly; we all know the LEAD BANNERS are out there preaching... my father actually went up to the restigouche 3 weeks ago and hit a #30, a #22, a few in the teens and a few griltz... he is a happy angler to say the least... but when i saw the pic of his #30 female he caught with the guide holding it and him standing next to him, i was pretty ****ed. my father was ****ed as well, he gave them hell over it, but they still didnt let him touch the fish. the water temp was 58 and the fish was as dime bright as a dime frsh off the press...ridiculous as ridiculous can be IMO... of course as you know it is traditional fly fishing up there, so absolutely no weight at all. some of these guys who frequent thezse waters have gone as far to say that all fishing in the world should be fly fishing only and split shot should be banned and all of that other crap... its these types that make me want to put the fly rod down more and pick up the spin rigs. now, i was a young boy who learned how to fly fish to trout sipping dries off the surface or small wets and emergers straight lined behind pockets; no weight to say the least. ive never frowned on others for their methods though... for salmon,i prefer to fish the pockets and runs as i know they are resting there and will sometimes rest all day long; many say they are hiding, but, who are they hiding from if no one's around except yourself.

on the other hand, dude, ive been hollarin out to ya for 2 years to throw some rope, bobbers, or lead (how ever you want to do it) although, i have a feeling our lines have crossed many times before since your a 30+ year veteran and i'm a 20+ i've been hitting DSR every year for early to mid season salmon. ive yet to miss one and i make multiple trips every year... i really cant see how we havent crossed lines before. im glad to hear that you are heading up for the 18th. i think that makes 7 guys now. i am really looking forward to it. i am backing down from promoting it too much at this point being that the season is just about here and this place will start getting a lot more traffic. its not like i want to have a zoo up at my place but please, any of you guys who havent replied to me yet, give me a hollar, it should be a good time; over, salt, kokanee, spoon; and others, your all welcome... heck, even guys like indy, dano and cbeagle, i know you guys make a trip out from time to time, your more than welcome as well...

peace and may your fish be bright

hot tuna
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/24 17:36:56 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: dimebrite

h toons; not fooling man, was just asking questions to understand your outlook a little more... i thought that you only sight fished. glad to hear you dont only do that... secondly; we all know the LEAD BANNERS are out there preaching... my father actually went up to the restigouche 3 weeks ago and hit a #30, a #22, a few in the teens and a few griltz... he is a happy angler to say the least... but when i saw the pic of his #30 female he caught with the guide holding it and him standing next to him, i was pretty ****ed. my father was ****ed as well, he gave them hell over it, but they still didnt let him touch the fish. the water temp was 58 and the fish was as dime bright as a dime frsh off the press...ridiculous as ridiculous can be IMO... of course as you know it is traditional fly fishing up there, so absolutely no weight at all. some of these guys who frequent thezse waters have gone as far to say that all fishing in the world should be fly fishing only and split shot should be banned and all of that other crap... its these types that make me want to put the fly rod down more and pick up the spin rigs. now, i was a young boy who learned how to fly fish to trout sipping dries off the surface or small wets and emergers straight lined behind pockets; no weight to say the least. ive never frowned on others for their methods though... for salmon,i prefer to fish the pockets and runs as i know they are resting there and will sometimes rest all day long; many say they are hiding, but, who are they hiding from if no one's around except yourself.

on the other hand, dude, ive been hollarin out to ya for 2 years to throw some rope, bobbers, or lead (how ever you want to do it) although, i have a feeling our lines have crossed many times before since your a 30+ year veteran and i'm a 20+ i've been hitting DSR every year for early to mid season salmon. ive yet to miss one and i make multiple trips every year... i really cant see how we havent crossed lines before. im glad to hear that you are heading up for the 18th. i think that makes 7 guys now. i am really looking forward to it. i am backing down from promoting it too much at this point being that the season is just about here and this place will start getting a lot more traffic. its not like i want to have a zoo up at my place but please, any of you guys who havent replied to me yet, give me a hollar, it should be a good time; over, salt, kokanee, spoon; and others, your all welcome... heck, even guys like indy, dano and cbeagle, i know you guys make a trip out from time to time, your more than welcome as well...

peace and may your fish be bright

Ah DB... where to start man.. I'm only putting your post in quotes so I can answer more questions...
thought all your questions have been answered in my many posts over the years.. I fish all facets of water except those sucker holes or heavy bowling waters.. Yes you know where I fish, I know where you fish.. Does it really matter ?
December 2009 I wanted to meet up and fish together.. Why it did not happen.. well since I stopped guiding there and it just makes more sense economic wise for me to fish water (hard or soft) that I will enjoy more.. Not saying I don’t enjoy the great lakes but man if I am getting paid or spending time with good friends fishing.. THATS where I am..
Now I'm quite sure our paths have crossed in the DSR.. While chillin on the bank with a friend (shown here) I'm sure we encountered you and your dad fishing.. Ok so now I know how you fish too..
Maybe it was this spot ? The Glide is just above..
Again as for not wanting to meet up ? I have to entertain many people and when I'm there I'm always willing to meet new folks.. Don’t know what the issue is..
I will (have) made the commitment to be in Pulaski for the 18th.

Lead ban... Traditional fly fishing IMO has nothing to do with only casting silk or horse mane lines.. It's all about how you employ they fly.. Shoot man If I ever "hired" someone that told me I could not touch the fish I caught , well they would be swimming with the fishes too.. Sucks for your Dad...

Lets Just lighten up ,read between the lines and for heavens sake put up some darn fish pictures you keep talkin about..

Now :
Peace & Tuna
I'm going to look at them carp again to see if I can snag one !!!
post edited by hot tuna - 2011/07/28 12:30:11
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/24 18:23:45 (permalink)
Toons, I think we misunderstand eachother more than not. there was no aggression intended at all in my previous post. I was just answering back. As for the guy you thought was me; it wasn't. I don't go up that way too often for salmon... I believe you hinted towards this last season; im guessing your referring to the same instance... for knowing how I fish, it all depends on when you see me, in one day I sometimes go from floats, to two handed roll casting, to high stick nymphing, to bottom bouncing; and every now and then cranking a rapala or a stick bait... I like to keep it interesting to say the least.
metalslayer
Expert Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/24 19:00:40 (permalink)
Looks like "the bucket" to my eyes.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/24 21:48:07 (permalink)

no its above the bucket at the tip of the island just before the tail of the glide..

btw..
that atv trip to go snag some carp resulted in me just getting home from hospital.. i dumped the atv trying to show my son how 'cool' i was.. end result, broken collar bone.. left arm, at least not my casting arm.. i will be laid up for 6 weeks.. what a dumb azz.. i will be ready to go by salmon season, even if i have to use the old martin auto reel..
so now i guess i'm joining the pill poppin club..

p.s.
see that slack water along shore above and to the left of him. in high water thats where you want to fish.. the salmon will blow right through the riff and settle down there before dissapearing into the abyss of the glide.. thats the migration path.. now $350.00 please for that guides tip.. lol..
post edited by hot tuna - 2011/07/24 22:05:14
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/24 22:13:20 (permalink)

no its above the bucket at the tip of the island just before the tail of the glide..

btw..
that atv trip to go snag some carp resulted in me just getting home from hospital.. i dumped the atv trying to show my son how 'cool' i was.. end result, broken collar bone.. left arm, at least not my casting arm.. i will be laid up for 6 weeks.. what a dumb azz.. i will be ready to go by salmon season, even if i have to use the old martin auto reel..
so now i guess i'm joining the pill poppin club..

p.s.
see that slack water along shore above and to the left of him. in high water thats where you want to fish.. the salmon will blow right through the riff and settle down there before dissapearing into the abyss of the glide.. thats the migration path.. now $350.00 please for that guides tip.. lol..

Tuna sorry to hear man. I crushed my left clavicle playing football in 3 places. Really sucked man. The demoral shot at the hospital and the perks did the job though;) again; sorry to hear
pistolpete76
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 214
RE: Why Do They Do It? 2011/07/24 22:20:14 (permalink)
Hey Wader, good luck with surgery. Had L5-S1 done about 3 years ago(should have done one above while they were in there) I came out the other side better but far from perfect. Still use Vicodin to get through the work day or wading/walking day. Only advise is go to good Doc/hospital and get to physical therapy and DO all suggested exercises after surgery. Strengthing your core and stretching seems the best for me even though I do fall off the wagon for periods. Bad news- they lie about recovery time. All surgeon seems to care about is that the incision healed nicely. Your physical therapist is your best asset after.Wish you the best.
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to: