shark season?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
waDerboy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1910
  • Reward points: 0
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 04:28:14 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dimebrite

Hey wade none of your posts pertained to anything in this thread; they were actually kinda trollish. I think you're being a little oversensitive. And in reality you kinda ruined a good vibe that was going on here. And for the record I am not that guy who crosses near you. And also, if you read my first response to you, I think you'll see that it was a light hearted comment that aggitated you for some reason; as your post agitated me a little. Yet you continue to throw assumptions at me and keep telling me you think you know who I am or something. You don't know me at all....

Earlier on in the thread I was goingto make a comment to you about your post regarding connie and throwing a rock at her head. Do you really think that was necessary. I knew connie and mike for a long time and never thought they were bad people. To make a stupid comment like you did is kinda childish.

keep in mind that this is only dialogue on a computer screen that is easily misinterpreted. I hope you have a better day than you have been lately.

P.s. in all honesty I have no problem with you. Let's let this one lie maybe...

Lighthearted?
You mean like the smiliefaces I posted in my response?

I believed I clarified that I was speaking about the asshat that ran the Fox Hollow ( what was his name ziggy, zippy or skeeter or something like that, used to have one of those tarpon 12 weight rods with the fighting grip up the handle so he could rest it in his armpit and get a good solid lift,I mean hookset, heluvaguy he was) and shuttled groups down to cross on a atv and was specicily not talking about you.
Talk about oversensitive!

All I said about knowing you was that the assumtions several other posters here (much longer than you) have PMed me saying and that until now I had said to give you a break because you were new to the board and needed time to figure out how the googles work but that now I agree with their assessments of you after reading many more of your posts.

While I may have met you (been fishing the SR since 67-68 for the original coho runs I have know idea who you are other than your postings. Does my posting that I don't personaly know you make the ouwie all better.

The Connie post was an inside for people that have been around for more than a cup of coffee.
It pertains to a mod from another board that used to come to this board and start flame wars.
He made the comment about bashing Connies head in. I brought it up for his benifit and if you had enough history here you would know how I (and slayer) defended her since she couldn't go on a board and get in a pizzing match because of her job.
I consider Connie to be a personal friend and have worked with her on conservation issues, shared my rod with her when she was walking the beat at the meadows and shared beer with her (can't believe she drinks Coors lite). So tell me again about me ever writing I would throw a rock at her head.

I never had a problem with you either.
I guess I just get agitated when I have given and asked others to give the benifit of the doubt only to find I was mistaken.

Sure lets just let it RIP.
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 04:51:38 (permalink)
You mean there's an easier way to get to the can? WTF? PM that to me & you girls quit whining. None of you would be whining like this to waderboy's face, at least without a step ladder.

Lyrical
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 04:52:07 (permalink)
And a couple shots of whiskey for courage.

Lyrical
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 05:00:25 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: fichy

Here I was getting lots of good info and enjoying the banter and even thinking  maybe I was going to get to share some burgers and lies. It was my thread, but I guess it's now about the ethics found in the PNW. I could care f....... less. I've fished in the PNW, caught wild steel and can't afford to go enough to say so. To compare fishing a wilderness river with the SR is patently ridiculous. You've got to have a lot more humour and tolerance, and actually some real skills to fish the SR and have fun. .  Go fish with the f........ bears!

Charlie

Charlie do sportmenship and ethics change when you are in the city?
Is it OK to purse snatch or rob liquer stoes in the city but not in the PNW?
How does that situation ethics thing work exactly?
Wish I could ****ing care less about ethics.
You sound like just the person the SR needs on its banks.
Sure would make my life easier to just say heck everyone else is doing it so I will too.
Of course those problems you whine about having 25 years ago would still be there. But hey everuone else is snagging, right?
Everyone else was doing the PA fish cleaning (take axe axe cut off the head and tail then spill the stomach and leave the whole mess where it falls, I remember the smell of month old guts well,brings sweet memories flooding back) so I guess that was acceptable behavior in Pulaski, I mean I don't live there why shopuld I care, right.
That is what Mr Barcley was contending with (as I helped him clean the parking area by the schoolbus hole that was on HIS PROPERTY), along with of course law suits filed by families of people injured or drowned while TRESSPASSING on his land.

dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 06:06:45 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: waDerboy

I'm quessing it's on the wrong side (south) and stop crossing where I'm spey casting goldangit.

This is what you said....
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 06:14:55 (permalink)

Hey wader chill dude.... have never crossed back there and rarely fish back there actually. I mostly observe when im back there. I actually prefer the summer months back there while watching the blue herons sneak around in solitude.But even if it was me , i would still have every right crossing :) have a nice day

And this is what I said; I don't really see why you had to escalate from there. Did you notice my smiley face; but Instead you went on and on at this point. And salmo I don't consider what I said here whining;
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 06:18:51 (permalink)

I'm quessing it's on the wrong side (south) and stop crossing where I'm spey casting goldangit.

This is what you said....

That is what I said.
Didn't the goldangit at the end set off your spidey sense that I was joking.
Sorry if that is still a commonly used expression where you are from.
Not really heard around here much since Gabby Hayes died.
My bad not knowing you were living in a 1950s b movie western.
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 06:24:24 (permalink)
Well the actual saying there I thought was you're way of being PC and not using the all mighty's name in vein; as most don't around here. I really don't see why you came back so aggressively though with the incorrect labeling. Regardless, cheers man, hopefully the next round is on me...
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 06:36:05 (permalink)
The only guys I ever seen fishing the south side were clowns lining 1/2 dead Kings right below the can.  Another good memory @ the tail of the snag some bunghole was taking big sweeps with 1/2 his rod under water & bare hook. When he walked by I asked him what they were biting on. I was fishing with gottum that day. Musta jumped 20 cookie cutter 9# Steel & a bunch of Salmons that day.

dimebright- quit yer whining and get the grass mowed for us.

Lyrical
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 06:54:34 (permalink)

Hey wader chill dude.... have never crossed back there and rarely fish back there actually. I mostly observe when im back there. I actually prefer the summer months back there while watching the blue herons sneak around in solitude.But even if it was me , i would still have every right crossing :) have a nice day

Dude lighten up.
If you can't tell a joke when it in plain black and white youse got problems.
Really the douch that ran the lodge and would shuttle people down there I was talking about.

And then this was my next post when I saw you were butthurt and had your panties in a twist.
See the smilie icons?
See where I say it was not you I was referring to?

dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 07:00:29 (permalink)
I don't fish back there for salmon, but using a float off the south side incertain areas for steel can be lethal... oh yeah, for those lazy ones not wanting to take the car ride over to the norrh side, ive got a two man pontoon and a canoe so no one will be effected by anyone crossing :)

Ps: there are more trees than grass with some decent seclusion; so if **** marriage is passed by then, some may be quite happy if you know what I mean...lmao... actually id be willing to hold the ceremony
retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 07:03:03 (permalink)
Startin ta sound like one of those 'deer wars'
  Be up tonight with a grandkid for a weekend of Chubs and .22 shootin - and of course the obligatory lawn cutting.  Ahhhhhhh the retired life.
post edited by retired guy - 2011/06/25 07:04:46
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 07:13:48 (permalink)
I don't fish for kings much anywhere.

Do you wade thru the hole you are about to bobber fish?
Do they hit better when you do?

Gots a pontoon of my own but thanks for the offer. My lazy apps can still walk from the north side lot even at my age.
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 07:17:37 (permalink)

I don't mind that  the questions I asked were answered VERY well and the topic headed south (or west). I'll take everything with a grain of salt and see for myself. I've been using small Spro swivels to create a break in my leaders, even though I tie my own.  I'm use to long tippets (3-4) feet from 4 decades of fussy  trout and sightfishing carp and stripers. .Long tippets are good for shock absorption on big fish anyway, and help to get the fly down.  I decided to go with swivels, as I did do some chuck and duck  with shot on a swivel tag when it was near zero in the morning. I might have been exceptionally good at flossing, but I had a ton of success, including an Atlantic, using caddis pupae. I did get the occasional snag, but, like I said, I only used it  sparingly. Alot of my flies get wrapped with wire or have tungsten beads to get down, so I use little to no weight. I had one excellent  afternoon when the steel were really active and they smashed a  bunny crayfish, twitched on the swing,  with 3/16 dumbells on it. Sounds like I may be trying it out on the salmon. I know I shortened my learning curve a mile when I joined and asked these questions. I'm not going away, though. I'll contribute anything I can and happily buy any of you a beer if I'm so lucky as to meet you on the river. 

Charlie

I dig that you start this off saying you don't mind the morfing of this thread before later on whining about it.
Do you want me to quote your later post or do you remember your PNW ****fest?
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 07:21:23 (permalink)
Sometimes wading through wakes them up! And ghey marrage is passed in NY. Check the headlines! Just after midnight they were celebrating in the streets! I wonder if that's why draketrutta isn't around this morning?

The only way I know is to park on the North Tressle. Once I hiked in @ dark with no light in the rain. I wouldn't advise that to anyone. I made a wrong turn and was walking Deer trails for about an hour till I came out at the feeder.
Have a great time Retired guy.

Lyrical
draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 07:28:08 (permalink)

Here I was getting lots of good info and enjoying the banter and even thinking  maybe I was going to get to share some burgers and lies. It was my thread, but I guess it's now about the ethics found in the PNW. I could care f....... less. I've fished in the PNW, caught wild steel and can't afford to go enough to say so. To compare fishing a wilderness river with the SR is patently ridiculous. You've got to have a lot more humour and tolerance, and actually some real skills to fish the SR and have fun. .  Go fish with the f........ bears!

Charlie

Charlie:

U DA MAN !!

Glad to see a new guy take has a GRASP ON REALITY and takes off the gloves to B**CH slap REALITY back into this thread.

Some folks are upset because someone crosses in front of them on the SR?
hahahahahahahahaa

THEY NEED TO GET OVER IT !!!

It ain't some pristine little native trout stream where crossing would spook the fish and ruin any chance of pulling a fish out of the hole.

It's a MAN-MADE fishery, with MAN-MADE fish with a RELENTLESS URGE to SWIM UPSTREAM - regardless of whether there are a couple pair of legs in their way, or a few pair of driftboat oars.

In most cases, when an "UNETHICAL RIVER CROSSER" (hahahahahaha) scares a Feesh or two, don't fret, there will a few more mudsharks tapping on the back of your legs in a few minutes.

DB - you should be ashamed of yourself for walking down the little hill to the river - across the land that you pay NY property taxes on - INSTEAD - of packing your fishing crap in vehicle, start your vehicle, drive a few miles to the other side of the river, then hike 1/2 mile or so downstream to the shore opposite your land - JUST - to avoid PO'ng some Flea Flicking Speytard that "requires" enough air apace to fit 10 other fishermen in....

If I was you, I would buy a freakin horse and stampede across the freakin river - with a copy of my tax bill attached to the horse's azz..

This place is more entertaining than Saturday Morning cartoons....

p.s. **** the Canucks too.

draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 07:34:55 (permalink)

He made the comment about bashing Connies head in.

as Mr. Paul Harvey (RIP) would say:

and now the rest of he story.....

The Rock Bashing was a J O K E ,,,

perhaps some of you old furts recall how it goes,

PROPER CONTEXT
How to give 12 inches and make it hurt?
Make love twice and bash your partner over the head with a rock.

GET IT?

no big surprise, based on some of the discussions here, some folks are Xpurts at taking things OUT OF CONTEXT...

Carry On...

retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 07:40:40 (permalink)
   Did ya ever hear of the place in the Northcountry where they HUNT Pickerel or Pike of somekinda long skinny fish with a RIFLE.
Honestagodnotkiddinghere they actually stand around with their Deer gun and shoot fish- LEGAL.
  Gee, if we did THAT on the SR- we do everything else- it might keep us all on the same side of the river. Cant be much different than those old trebbel hook things guys used to use 'fishing'. Probably attract the same crowd too.
post edited by retired guy - 2011/06/25 07:41:49
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 07:44:53 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: salmotrutta

I wonder if that's why draketrutta isn't around this morning?

The only way I know is to park on the North Tressle. Once I hiked in @ dark with no light in the rain. I wouldn't advise that to anyone. I made a wrong turn and was walking Deer trails for about an hour till I came out at the feeder.
Have a great time Retired guy.

haha I missed that one..

fyi - I just gotz home a while ago. Was hunting yotes in the wee hours of the morning.
I showered the ticks off me, made a pot of coffee, and turned the puter on - and here I am stuck in the middle of this LOLOPOOOOOLASKI thread...

psst - youze gotz lozt on the Trestle Trail to Snag??
Fact is the trail runs parellel to the river, less than a stone's throw away.
Youze dontz needz to see in order to hearz the water.
Next time take off your Ipod headset blaring that Punk Rock Crap you listen to, and let the sounds of nature guide you,,,,, grasshopper...

dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 08:16:31 (permalink)
Drake; I have to say man you are a grade A class act. I look forward to meeting you. Peace.

Hey rt; enjoy your stay with your grandkids. I opted out for this weekend; but will be up next weekend without the kids most likely...btw, water level is perfect for a skam or atlantic ;)
post edited by dimebrite - 2011/06/25 08:21:26
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 08:30:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: retired guy

Did ya ever hear of the place in the Northcountry where they HUNT Pickerel or Pike of somekinda long skinny fish with a RIFLE.
Honestagodnotkiddinghere they actually stand around with their Deer gun and shoot fish- LEGAL.
Gee, if we did THAT on the SR- we do everything else- it might keep us all on the same side of the river. Cant be much different than those old trebbel hook things guys used to use 'fishing'. Probably attract the same crowd too.

Used to be legal in Vermont.
Don't know if it still is.
People putting up treestands around ponds.
cbeagler
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1811
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 08:33:48 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: retired guy

Yep. I have seen that. Pike shooting in Vermont.
post edited by cbeagler - 2011/06/25 08:34:27
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 08:35:01 (permalink)

Drake; I have to say man you are a grade A class act. I look forward to meeting you. Peace.

Hey rt; enjoy your stay with your grandkids. I opted out for this weekend; but will be up next weekend without the kids most likely...btw, water level is perfect for a skam or atlantic ;)

Watch it drake. Isn't that how meat is labeled.
Don't sleep on your stomach.
fichy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1896
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 09:02:39 (permalink)

Charlie

Charlie do sportmenship and ethics change when you are in the city?
Is it OK to purse snatch or rob liquer stoes in the city but not in the PNW?
How does that situation ethics thing work exactly?
Wish I could ****ing care less about ethics.
You sound like just the person the SR needs on its banks.
Sure would make my life easier to just say heck everyone else is doing it so I will too.
Of course those problems you whine about having 25 years ago would still be there. But hey everuone else is snagging, right?
Everyone else was doing the PA fish cleaning (take axe axe cut off the head and tail then spill the stomach and leave the whole mess where it falls, I remember the smell of month old guts well,brings sweet memories flooding back) so I guess that was acceptable behavior in Pulaski, I mean I don't live there why shopuld I care, right.
That is what Mr Barcley was contending with (as I helped him clean the parking area by the schoolbus hole that was on HIS PROPERTY), along with of course law suits filed by families of people injured or drowned while TRESSPASSING on his land.

The point is, allowances should be made for the crowds that show up to fish. It doesn't matter if someone is using a K-Mart rig or a 1200 dollar custom Spey. It's almost impossible not to have people impinge on your space. The object is to winnow out what is being obnoxious  and illegal and what is something that is a product of crowding. The sheer bio-mass of the SR is incredible. Allowing someone to cross or chase a fish or get by you, doesn't in any way stop the fishing. Since I only fished in the winter, I was very conscious of safety. Many guys walked through my water to avoid big  ice shelves or get to a safe crossing. They apologised, but they didn't need to. I didn't mind a bit. Not everyone can wade like an NFL linebacker  and being dangerous  and  getting wet can mean getting dead. I don't know any of the back storys that are part of the arguments here, I do know that, as with any great fishery, arguments happen and people get mad when their space is pushed tighter. I'll try to take that into account. I must admit, 3 feet of snow, unplowed parking lots, and below zero sunrises, really clean the place up!  By the way, I wasn't whining. I just stopped going. I don't hunt pike in the  Vt. Champlain season and I didn't take advantage of the snagging zones. I know enough to see human behavior isn't going to readily change without enforcement of strict laws. If you live in NYC, crime is going to happen to you, sooner or later- if you fish the SR, someone is going to do something unethical to you or in your vicinity. I'm willing to grin and bear it. I'll work towards changing bad behavior, but I don't expect it to disappear.  I should have erased my post, it wasn't very constructive or informative. Have a good weekend.
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 09:40:36 (permalink)
So you don't like me because my rod cost more than yours? Man, that hurts my feelings.

Lyrical
fichy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 10:05:06 (permalink)
Last I checked, the green rods I fish were not considered cheap by any standard. If you go beyond that, I'd just be jealous.

Charlie
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 10:13:03 (permalink)
Let me guess charlie; z axis???? I have the 9143 myself. I built it myself rather than buying. Saved over 400 bucks I believe....
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 10:24:58 (permalink)
I fish XP's myself. Best rod fer me. No double handers though. Not my game.

Lyrical
fichy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 10:49:37 (permalink)
I love xp's!!!! (have 3) I did fish a Grey's I bought from Melinda in Nov. She's a great  lady. She let me park in her lot when they didn't plow across the street from her.   I want to build a 11-12' switch  in the 8-9  range for salmon. Any suggestions?  Real Spey hasn't bit me yet. I can do  well single handed with floaters, but sink tips and  the other side of the river  is beyond what I can do without some more length and two hands(or some backcast room). If I don't get one built my first choice would be my xp- 908-4 or 909-4.  What can I say, I still got striper gear!   I'll learn (with some help).  I do like the extra length for fishing with your back into the trees and mending.  Haven't tried any z-axis, but have heard lots of good. Blank suggestion?  Thanks.

Charlie
post edited by fichy - 2011/06/25 10:51:05
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/25 12:22:07 (permalink)
Hey charlie. My first two handed was a gl3 loomis. Great rod. A little heavy but had great mid body to really throw some rope. Thomas and thomas makes some great switches and two handers. This past steely season I mostly fished a thomas and thomas 13' 7 weight overloaded with a 9 weight forward hardy floating line. I had a hard time putting it down to say the least. I have always loved sage rods all the way back to the discovery series. I actually have a ton of rplx blanks in all lengths and weights. I last tied a 7 weight 10' which years ago was my favorite steelhead rod. It broke many years ago so just finally built another one. My next build is probably going to be the 996 sage rplx. I've gotta say for back hand casting and hauling; hands down the rplx series has always been my favorite. Good luck with your choice of rod.. oh yeah; temple fork is decent for the money. I have a 7 weight 11' of theirs that casts pretty good. That one is a switch. A really nice steelhead rod.
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to: