shark season?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
  • Reward points: 0
RE: shark season? 2011/06/23 12:37:17 (permalink)
p.s. relaxation is starting to fish the SR after the Mudshark season ends.

It's all GOONVILLE from Labor Day till Thanksgiving.
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
RE: shark season? 2011/06/23 13:48:43 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: salmotrutta

I pretty much only use Comets for Salmons. Orange seems to do best for me.

I'm not saying the place is nirvana, but it is more relaxing than watching idiots go 1, 2, 3 rip all day long. A fish won't take when it's dodging cannonballs and bare hooks all day long.

Maybe we could set up a little gathering for say third weekend in Sept.. We could chip in and buy my pal draketrutta a day pass.

I use no swivels. I tie my own leaders in all of my fishing. I prob. go about 9 feet there. I usually fish long skinny leaders around home so that's way short for me. Tuna knows his stuff, and the other guys too. It's all what you're comfortable with.

Hey salmo, that's what im talking about. Id be willing to have my property as a meeting grounds to press the flesh and burn some meat while washing down some fish stories with busch tall boy cans.... The river is a 3 minute walk and just downstream from the trestle. We have plenty of time to plan. Let's do it.
retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
RE: shark season? 2011/06/23 14:46:22 (permalink)
Count me in.
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/23 15:23:52 (permalink)
DB - if I come, do I get fist dibs at the Snag Hole?

IMO - The section below the Trestle is one of the best stretches of water to fish - especially if you take a long walk.
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/23 16:05:40 (permalink)
Drake, you would probably like my access then.
post edited by dimebrite - 2011/06/23 19:21:08
waDerboy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1910
RE: shark season? 2011/06/23 16:18:25 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: draketrutta

DB - if I come, do I get fist dibs at the Snag Hole?

IMO - The section below the Trestle is one of the best stretches of water to fish - especially if you take a long walk.

No! When I'm fishing mid upper river I own the head of the snag.
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/23 16:20:38 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dimebrite

Frame, you would probably like my access then.

I'm quessing it's on the wrong side (south) and stop crossing where I'm spey casting goldangit.
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/23 17:27:16 (permalink)
Hey wader chill dude.... have never crossed back there and rarely fish back there actually. I mostly observe when im back there. I actually prefer the summer months back there while watching the blue herons sneak around in solitude.But even if it was me , i would still have every right crossing :) have a nice day
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/23 19:35:21 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: waDerboy

ORIginal wader boy

I'm quessing it's on the wrong side (south)

I never knew there was a wrong side to a river ;)
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/23 19:51:15 (permalink)
Last time I checked,

Speytards don't have signs on their back like the fire trucks that say "Keep back 300feet".

Even if they did, I'd ignore the signs..

Some of them are just as bad as Pinhead Hero Drifters.
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
RE: shark season? 2011/06/23 21:33:29 (permalink)
Agreed, but let's keep this talk of that part of the river to a minimum. I don't want peoples on my rock. It's bad enough dodging boats all day. Hehehe.

Lyrical
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
RE: shark season? 2011/06/23 22:58:05 (permalink)
If a meeting date could be set up for anytime BUT a weekend at the end of Sept. I'm there,never fish weekends as I'm old and retired and don't need to!
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 03:37:04 (permalink)

Hey wader chill dude.... have never crossed back there and rarely fish back there actually. I mostly observe when im back there. I actually prefer the summer months back there while watching the blue herons sneak around in solitude.But even if it was me , i would still have every right crossing :) have a nice day

Dude lighten up.
If you can't tell a joke when it in plain black and white youse got problems.
Really the douch that ran the lodge and would shuttle people down there I was talking about.

And of course you have the right to cross anywhere you want.
Let me know when and where you will be fishing so I can exorcise my right to splash around and ruin whereever it is. Hey its my RIGHT never mind that it is rude obnoxious and unethical.But its not about what is right but about RIGHTS from my understanding of your post.
post edited by waDerboy - 2011/06/24 04:20:22
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 03:38:25 (permalink)

Last time I checked,

Speytards don't have signs on their back like the fire trucks that say "Keep back 300feet".

Even if they did, I'd ignore the signs..

Some of them are just as bad as Pinhead Hero Drifters.

Thats why I wrote it instead of just saying fishing!
Real spey casters use almost no room behind them. Its the water I can cover in front (but don't when others are around) that is your problem.

post edited by waDerboy - 2011/06/24 04:23:41
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 03:40:10 (permalink)

ORIginal wader boy

I'm quessing it's on the wrong side (south)

I never knew there was a wrong side to a river ;)

Yes the side that doesn't fish well is always the wrong side.
That is why they have roads to the access on the other side.
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 05:47:59 (permalink)
Hmmmmm; last I knew there was a trestle north and south access. Have i been hallucinating all of these years??? Fyi; I've caught plenty of steel from your so called wrong side wader.... just saying.....
metalslayer
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 689
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 06:11:52 (permalink)

Hey salmo, that's what im talking about. Id be willing to have my property as a meeting grounds to press the flesh and burn some meat
Do u think NY will have  marriage equity by then?Nobody's touching my flesh!

Steel on a pin---so easy a caveman can do it.
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 06:24:43 (permalink)

Dude lighten up.
If you can't tell a joke when it in plain black and white youse got problems.
Really the douch that ran the lodge and would shuttle people down there I was talking about.

And of course you have the right to cross anywhere you want.
Let me know when and where you will be fishing so I can exorcise my right to splash around and ruin whereever it is. Hey its my RIGHT never mind that it is rude obnoxious and unethical.But its not about what is right but about RIGHTS from my understanding of your post.

Hey wader; in all honesty has there been anything RIGHT about any of your POINTLESS posts on THIS thread???? Hopefully it will go back to the positive flow it had. A little food for thought; do you really think you're ever going to stop people from crossing where they want to??? Also, instead of getting so bent over a guy crossing where you fish all the time, did you ever think of politely asking him to cross a little farther down or up? Get over it dude...

As for the possible meeting, it would be nice to have it. Imo it should be light hearted with no specific plan. Maybe guys can meet up on the first evening before fishing at a locsl watering hole; then maybe in the late morning/afternoon after fishing; im sure everyone will want to fish different spots. Maybe we can make some type of light hearted contest in which the heaviest fish of the day wins a case of beer or some gift certificate to a sports shop or something.... whatever though; in reality I fish first light and mid afternoon for salmon and mostly the lower river only. But as I said, I would be willing to host the gathering at my place.
post edited by dimebrite - 2011/06/24 15:13:41
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 06:29:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: metalslayer

Hey salmo, that's what im talking about. Id be willing to have my property as a meeting grounds to press the flesh and burn some meat

Maybe you can wear your cave man outfit so nobody can actually touch you... lmao....
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 07:03:56 (permalink)

As for the possible meeting, it would be nice to have it. Imo it should be light hearted with no specific plan. Maybe guys can meet up on the first evening before fishing at a locsl watering hole; then maybe in the late morning/afternoon after fishing; im sure everyone will want to fish different spots. Maybe we can make some type of light hearted contest in which the heaviest fish of the day wins a case of beer or some gift certificate to a sports shop or something.... whatever though; in reality I fish first light and mid afternoon for salmon and mostly the lower river only. But as I said, I would be willing to host the gathering at my place.

I think you should clear a spot where a few of us can camp.

That way, after I school youz-all bouts howz to snag Slammins, I will drink youz allz underz da table, and youz canz pass out without fear of a DUI charge.

p.s. - I will show you how to roast 3 hotdogs at a a time over the campfire
by hanging them over the campfire via my Michigan Cricket attached to my wire leader, attached to my big yellow Tuna Rod ....

BBBWWAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 07:04:57 (permalink)

That way, after I school youz-all bouts howz to snag Slammins, I will drink youz allz underz da table, and youz canz pass out without fear of a DUI charge.

p.s. - I will show you how to roast 3 hotdogs at a a time,
by hanging them over the campfire via my Michigan Cricket attached to my wire leader, attached to my big yellow Tuna Rod ....

draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 07:05:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: metalslayer

Don't forget to bring some chips...
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 10:33:54 (permalink)

p.s. - I will show you how to roast 3 hotdogs at a a time over the campfire

hey drake I've got plenty of room don't worry about that.
post edited by dimebrite - 2011/06/24 15:18:02
retired guy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 11:11:23 (permalink)
    On a serious note- I always ask before crossing-seem like somebodys always fishing (specially for sharks) in the low spots where crossing can be safely done.
  Always wait a bit for an offer and if none comes then ask- never been refused and when done politely everyone is left happy.
  Face it- there are some places ya just gotta cross over and if somebodys fishing there they gotta know sooner or later they are on the crossing. Most use the same spots.
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 13:53:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: retired guy

On a serious note- I always ask before crossing-seem like somebodys always fishing (specially for sharks) in the low spots where crossing can be safely done.
Always wait a bit for an offer and if none comes then ask- never been refused and when done politely everyone is left happy.
Face it- there are some places ya just gotta cross over and if somebodys fishing there they gotta know sooner or later they are on the crossing. Most use the same spots.

+1 on that post.It does amaze me that some fish right where the path comes to the waters edge on both sides of the river,then they get upset when people cross.
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 16:21:14 (permalink)
Yeah sure the elbow hole below the can and above the snag is exactly that, a low spot where the trail from both sides converge.NOT!
The only reason to cross there is because you are to lazy to drive to the tresle north lot and walk down to where you want to fish.
On anything more than 300 cfs you step into thigh deep water wade deeper and then reach the shallower water of the inside of the bend.
In BC a person fishing from that side is supposed to stop fishing if someone comes and starts fishing from the inside of a bend hole like that even if they were there first since the inside is considered the RIGHT side of the river.
Of course those stupid canucks have ethics.

Umm anything RIGHT about any of my POINTLESS posts on THIS thread.
Why yes I believe there was.
How about sportmenship,ethics and manners.
I understand that those things are foreign to you but maybe some day you will grasp what they are.
How about explaining that you are not the only one with rights and if you feel it is alright to be a Dbag because its your right others might feel inclined to exocise there rights even if it ruins your fishing.
Get it . You are not the only one that has rights.
The trick is in knowing when using your rights impacts negatively on someone else use of their rights and therefore deciding not to abuse your right.
I'm sure if pressed I can come up with more but that seems like more than you can comprehend in one sitting.

To all that have PMed me about Dbright. I ADMIT I WAS WRONG.
It seems he is exactly what you thought all along and I recind my defense of him.

Bowling for mudsharks with g1245. What a hoot.
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 17:05:39 (permalink)
Hey wade none of your posts pertained to anything in this thread; they were actually kinda trollish. I think you're being a little oversensitive. And in reality you kinda ruined a good vibe that was going on here. And for the record I am not that guy who crosses near you. And also, if you read my first response to you, I think you'll see that it was a light hearted comment that aggitated you for some reason; as your post agitated me a little. Yet you continue to throw assumptions at me and keep telling me you think you know who I am or something. You don't know me at all....

Earlier on in the thread I was goingto make a comment to you about your post regarding connie and throwing a rock at her head. Do you really think that was necessary. I knew connie and mike for a long time and never thought they were bad people. To make a stupid comment like you did is kinda childish.

keep in mind that this is only dialogue on a computer screen that is easily misinterpreted. I hope you have a better day than you have been lately.

P.s. in all honesty I have no problem with you. Let's let this one lie maybe...
post edited by dimebrite - 2011/06/24 17:09:24
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 17:20:05 (permalink)
One other thing since we're at it. I have no problem sharing water with other guys who know how to spey cast within close distance of eachother. I have often shared water while rolling 30-50 foot casts within close distance to the other angler; sometimes ones I had just met that day even. Maybe even as close as <20 feet from the other angler. Just one example of you not knowing me at all. As for rights and ethics you labeled me with, it is unecessary to defend myself; I know who I am and where I stand and karma is a good friend of mine :)
fichy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1896
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 18:11:01 (permalink)
Here I was getting lots of good info and enjoying the banter and even thinking  maybe I was going to get to share some burgers and lies. It was my thread, but I guess it's now about the ethics found in the PNW. I could care f....... less. I've fished in the PNW, caught wild steel and can't afford to go enough to say so. To compare fishing a wilderness river with the SR is patently ridiculous. You've got to have a lot more humour and tolerance, and actually some real skills to fish the SR and have fun. .  Go fish with the f........ bears!

Charlie
retired guy
Pro Angler
RE: shark season? 2011/06/24 20:17:44 (permalink)
    I truly do believe in ethics and being nice to folks on the river- crossing is a thing we all do from time to time- so be it-some days its darn crowded.
     On the being decent and ethical note I'm one of those guys who when fishing a good hole and having hooked up a time or two, readily offers it up to somebody who doesn't seem to be as fortunate- even tellem where the right drift is then sit back and watch the fun. Its a big place with lotsa fish- plenty there for all. I read that  Dime does that too.
     NOT tooting horns here but after all these years whats another fish one way or the other.
     Being decent can be a catchy thing and we should all probably do it more often. Kinda like a fungus among us - once it starts hopefully ya cant stop it.
    BTW- when I go to the Tressel ( N or S) I always go way upstream- Guess I'v been missing a lot of fun.
     Also- I was much much more concerned with the 'meat burning' comment than the 'flesh pressing' stuff.
post edited by retired guy - 2011/06/24 22:16:18
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to: