LockedAlmost time for the MADDNESS

Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Author
TastyTrout
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 732
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Almost time for the MADDNESS 2011/03/21 14:34:08 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: eyeassassin

if it is not your style of fishing that is cool.  like tastytrout said i was out in the canoe and the guys that were fishing from shore where great nobody was fighting our arguing and we were all freezing trying to catch an eye.  i have fished there for a good amount of years and i will tell you this it is not always easy.  i have been down there many days and fished all day freezing with nothing to show for it.  I can not speek for everyone but i know that i will not keep a snagged fish, no matter how big it is.  WHAT WE DO AT THE SPILLWAY IS NO DIFFERENT THAN 30 GUYS FISHING A HOLE ON ELK CREEK WITH 10 FISH IN IT.  Except we cant see the fish we are fishing for

+1........BAZINGA!
carpin06
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 498
RE: Almost time for the MADDNESS 2011/03/21 18:07:09 (permalink)
That is CRAP!!!!! I seen how the good old boys slide out and his bud moves in....
He takes his fish home and comes back and waits till his turn to slide in again so dont say its the same as elk...
You bunch of greedy fish hogs have been cheeting for ever...
Wont keep a snaged fish!!!!!OK....
I have seen it for 30yrs for the life of me i dont know why more of you are not slapped with big fines..
Just dont try to justify it by calling it fishing style....You guys have no style or class or pride!!!
Bunch of fish PIGS!!!!!
rmcmillen09
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 827
RE: Almost time for the MADDNESS 2011/03/21 18:20:49 (permalink)
Feel the love here man
rmcmillen09
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 827
RE: Almost time for the MADDNESS 2011/03/21 18:23:55 (permalink)
eyeassassin is only holding up 3 fish in the pic so he didn't go home and unload?
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3427
RE: Almost time for the MADDNESS 2011/03/21 20:57:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: eyeassassin

if it is not your style of fishing that is cool.  like tastytrout said i was out in the canoe and the guys that were fishing from shore where great nobody was fighting our arguing and we were all freezing trying to catch an eye.  i have fished there for a good amount of years and i will tell you this it is not always easy.  i have been down there many days and fished all day freezing with nothing to show for it.  I can not speek for everyone but i know that i will not keep a snagged fish, no matter how big it is.  WHAT WE DO AT THE SPILLWAY IS NO DIFFERENT THAN 30 GUYS FISHING A HOLE ON ELK CREEK WITH 10 FISH IN IT.  Except we cant see the fish we are fishing for

Dude listen. I will say this only once. All the local guys (ie Stevie and his crew) ruined that place. Round the clock, tag team, dont let anyone in till I get back B.S. Im not sayin all those guys or even Steve are bad guys. But like Carpin said... they are FISH HOGS! I like the old "Hey you can stand on my boards for a little while I take my fish home. Oh ya btw, as soon as I get back you gotta leave. LOL!............................... GHEY!

Spillway knuckle-draggers > Elk Creek lifters. Just sayin'............
frost
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 437
RE: Almost time for the MADDNESS 2011/03/21 23:05:56 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: carpin06

That is CRAP!!!!! I seen how the good old boys slide out and his bud moves in....
He takes his fish home and comes back and waits till his turn to slide in again so dont say its the same as elk...
You bunch of greedy fish hogs have been cheeting for ever...
Wont keep a snaged fish!!!!!OK....
I have seen it for 30yrs for the life of me i dont know why more of you are not slapped with big fines..
Just dont try to justify it by calling it fishing style....You guys have no style or class or pride!!!
Bunch of fish PIGS!!!!!

You must be related to the drunken lady that came down last night (Sunday)!  She was saying the same stuff that everyone there has no class and everyone there are a bunch of Pittsburgh snaggers and everyone there are pigs...

I personally saw 4 fish released today that were snagged.  3 of the 4 were "snagged" on the mouth and were released because none of the hooks were in the mouth!!!  So yeah real fish pigs with no style or class or pride there.  I saw 3 others released within the last few days that were 15-16" legally caught IN the mouth and when asked why they were let go the answer "to let them grow"...  Sounds like REAL FISH PIGS to me!!!

If you don't like fishing like that then don't go there!!! It has been said before and will be said again, but unless you have spent a lot of time there and know what actually goes on then don't say anything.

Yes there are people that do keep them when they are snagged, but there are people that keep snagged fish everywhere during all times of the year.  Yes there are a select group of people that will hold spots or catch more then a limit per day, but again THAT HAPPENS ALL YEAR FOR ALL TYPES OF SPECIES!!!

I have met a bunch of nice guys down there while FISHING.  We joke around and have a good time while trying to catch some fish.  The last few days there have been a ton of guys and very few walleye caught, but yet there was still laughing and joking.  It gets people out of their houses and gives them something to do.  Everybody talks back and forth between the boats and shore.  The group of guys that give the spillway a bad name have not been there yet (that I have noticed) this year and that is why it has been a fun time. 

I have caught very few fish in the last 1 1/2 weeks now but yet I still go back.  It gets me out of the house and gives me something to do.  I would rather be outside not catching fish and talking to the 20+ people at the spillway then inside bashing people on these boards and trying to act like a big man when you don't know what is actually going on.  You bash the steel fisherman up in Erie in the fall/early winter and the spillway fisherman in the late winter/early spring.  How bout stop bashing the people that actually go out fishing and start going out fishing yourselves?!

The worst day hunting or fishing will always be better then the best day at school or work!
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: Almost time for the MADDNESS 2011/03/22 06:21:10 (permalink)
How bout stop bashing the people that actually go out fishing and start going out fishing yourselves?!

I'll have to try that. Thanks for the tip.

Learn how to really catch eyes without snagging them and you could do that all year long.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Pork
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1419
RE: Almost time for the MADDNESS 2011/03/22 07:39:49 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: rmcmillen09
Feel the love here man

....I feel like I need my waders it's so thick.

Everyone get their 2 cents in?
Great.

Thanks to all who kept the personal garbage out of it.

Pymie spillway fishing ~ it is, what it is.

"If you ever get hit with a bucket of fish, be sure to close your eyes." ><)))*>
Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Jump to: