Tuttle Camp Ground ( Pymatuning )

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Kokanee Killer
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1015
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Tuttle Camp Ground ( Pymatuning ) 2011/02/26 23:41:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: walleye taker

I know several people that have already inquired about doing just that and the State will not get back to them. Not only that but if Tuttle closes for good , I think the ground may go back to the original owners which was ( Tuttles ). I believe the ground was donated to the state for the camp ground and would remain with them as long as it stayed a camp ground.

It would be nice to get a private owner, and turn it into one of the nicest camps around once again. I know I could make money hand over fist and also make permanent camps open all year long.

All that places needs is some tender love and care and can be one of the best parks in the state.

The state wonders why they only have an 18% occupancy when the bath houses and facility are 30 plus years old. They have done nothing to improve the place in years. People don't want to come and stay in a mud hole.

But hey they have no money, we do are best. SAME SH#T I HAVE HEARD OUT OF P.M MOUTH YEAR AFTER YEAR SINCE HE TOOK OVER. I CALL B.S.!!!

+1

I have become comfortably numb
rapala11
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6218
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Tuttle Camp Ground ( Pymatuning ) 2011/02/27 09:59:17 (permalink)
dang, this post kept me up til 3 in the morning, thinking. i still think that if an investor could be found, the state would benefit, the camping and fishing public would benefit and some private concern could benefit. maybe we need an opposite- eminent domain law where the public could demand public land back not be used wisely by the government. . though i have never camped there, the south campgrounds are closer to where we store our camper, tuttle is on a beautiful piece of land.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: