Lead is safe in PA !

Author
Dream Catcher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1567
  • Reward points: 0
2010/11/10 14:39:45 (permalink)

Lead is safe in PA !

Thank you to the sportsmen that took a stand on this issue and wrote their congressmen & women ......

#cg_msg_content { max-width: 600px; border: 1px solid grey; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 90%; margin: auto; }#cg_msg_content #content { padding: 10px; } Thanks to your help, on Thursday, November 4, 2010, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rejected the petition to ban lead in all fishing tackle.

The EPA and Members of Congress received more than 43,000 messages from anglers just like you opposing a federal ban on lead in fishing tackle. Your voice was heard and had a direct impact on the EPA’s decision.  

Despite the good news, the fight is not over! There is still work to be done and we can’t do it without your help.

Donate now to help KeepAmericaFishingâ„¢ keep the EPA out of fishing. 

Legislation recently introduced in Congress will ensure future efforts to ban lead in fishing tackle are based on scientific fact, not guess work or unproven claims. If this legislation fails to pass, the costs of sinkers, jigs and other fishing tackle will significantly increase. Donate now to help KeepAmericaFishing advocate and preserve your right to fish on our public waters.

Your contribution will directly support KeepAmericaFishing’s efforts to keep our nation's waters open, clean, and abundant with fish now and for generations to come.

Thank you for sharing your voice.

Here’s to tight lines!

Gordon Robertson
KeepAmericaFishingâ„¢ This email was sent to: stephens.donald@rocketmail.com
This email was sent by: KeepAmericaFishing
225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 420 Alexandria, VA 22314 UNITED STATES We respect your right to privacy - view our policy.
To ensure delivery of KeepAmericaFishing Communications, please add Info@KeepAmericaFishing.org to your email address or Safe Senders List. 
Copyright © 2010 American Sportfishing Association. All rights reserved.
Update Profile & Subscriptions
One-Click Unsubscribe          

5 Replies Related Threads

doubletaper
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3977
    RE: Lead is safe in PA ! 2010/11/12 08:42:27 (permalink)
    ya, it was in a clarion newspaper that there is no known test or facts that lead is effecting fish or human consumption of the fish. just another farce.
    who cares what they do in new york or california!!
    i'll file this away with the global warming scare. 

http://streamsidetales.bl...015/05/helles-yea.html
    it's not luck
    if success is consistent 

Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    RE: Lead is safe in PA ! 2010/11/12 10:36:33 (permalink)
    Definitely good news!

I'm not so sure on this bit, however:
    Donate now to help KeepAmericaFishingâ„¢ keep the EPA out of fishing.

The EPA just defended their position, now they want them to butt out of it? Seems like they're taking an unnecessary (and self-destructive) sideswipe at the hand that's feeding them.
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: Lead is safe in PA ! 2010/11/12 11:38:58 (permalink)
    I tie little pebbles on my line anyway...they look more natural in the water which allows me to catch thousands more fish than anyone else around.

doubletaper
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3977
    RE: Lead is safe in PA ! 2010/11/12 11:54:04 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ShutUpNFish

I tie little pebbles on my line anyway...they look more natural in the water which allows me to catch thousands more fish than anyone else around.

i find it easier to use a thin strip of duct tape.

http://streamsidetales.bl...015/05/helles-yea.html
    it's not luck
    if success is consistent 

REEL FORCE
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: Lead is safe in PA ! 2010/11/23 21:33:57 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: doubletaper

"ya, it was in a clarion newspaper that there is no known test or facts that lead is effecting fish or human consumption of the fish."

They won't take that route - Here in NY, they banned lead under 1/2oz. because birds were ingesting it for there grit.

"Lead poisoning in aquatic birds may occur when spent lead shot is mistaken for gravel (which is normally consumed to aid in digestion) and ingested. Birds may also be exposed to lead when feeding on fish attached to lead fishing gear such as sinkers or jig heads. The Tufts Wildlife Clinic is conducting an ongoing study of the prevalence of lead poisoning in aquatic birds, particularly the Common Loon. In addition to loons, frequent victims of lead poisoning include swans, pelicans, geese, ducks, cormorants, cranes, and herons. Links to more information on lead poisoning in loons and other aquatic birds."

Source: http://www.tufts.edu/vet/lead/index.html

This is the route they will most likely pursue ...

Jump to: