BORDER CROSSING SCENTS

Author
chicken27
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 763
  • Reward points: 0
2010/10/24 22:46:13 (permalink)

BORDER CROSSING SCENTS

I watched a hunting show featuring these scents.I know it's tv but man they look like they worked.I checked reviews on them an it got pretty good reviews.Anybody ever try it?It's a little pricey so any insight would be helpful.

1 Reply Related Threads

Claypool313
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 449
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: BORDER CROSSING SCENTS 2010/10/25 19:11:14 (permalink)
    I got your back.  Here goes.  Went to a seminar when I lived in MI about 7 years ago.  The company owner was there with his whole presentation and what not. Was impressed at the time.  Let a couple years go by.  Found the flier he passed out and gave them a call.  Figured it was worth a shot, even at $50.

My experience has been mixed, but better than any other scents I have tried.  I have used a VS-1 drag and bomb combination sporadically for the past few years between 10/28 until the end of the season.  One thing I can tell you is that bucks will not just come running to you.  I have watched shooter bucks walk right past without giving a hint of body language that they even smelled it.  I have also had does freakin lickin the bombs right off the tree.  Form your own opinion on that one.  Anyway couple stories for ya.

1.  Had an 8 pt dogging a doe around my stand for over an hour.  Doe finally walks off into cover.  Buck is noticeably tired and out of shooting range.  He turns to follow her, cuts my drag trail, pauses, and turns and walks back toward my stand where my broadhead is waiting for him.

2.  One evening in the rut a friend of mine hears a lot of deer commotion uphill from his stand.  Decides to go back the next evening and sit there on the ground.  Takes a VS-1 drag and makes a big X 100 yards in each direction.  A nice 2.5 yr old buck comes by, presumably the one from the night before.  Friend misses first shot, deer runs off.  Comes right back 5 minutes later on the trail and he doesn't miss the second time.

I have had limited success with scents all together, but I at least trust that VS-1 in the right situation can be the tie breaker between getting a shot or not.  Bottom line, if the bucks aren't close to begin with, it's not going to reel them in.  $50, not sure it is worth it unless you're really in to experimenting.

But, please if you get some, share your experience.  I'll let you know how it goes for me this season.

Jump to: