Going up on Monday

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Going up on Monday 2010/10/19 18:12:21 (permalink)
sounds like the officer may have miss understood (or made up ) some regulation.. I think to many regulations start to get people confused.. yes even the dec officers. Your friend did right by not starting a pizzin match. I would have also engaged in a good conversation for better explanation where that regulation applies.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
ssgt12
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 155
RE: Going up on Monday 2010/10/19 19:01:50 (permalink)
the dec even measured his spilt shot and it was under 4 foot this guy had a cami coat on and was late 40 with a short litht brown chin beard and mustash. as far as i know a spinning rod and line does not need a leader if you dont want one.
draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
RE: Going up on Monday 2010/10/19 19:30:59 (permalink)
Your right ssgt - no leader required.

Gotta agree with hot tuna - I think the fishcop was pullin straws...

waDerboy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1910
RE: Going up on Monday 2010/10/20 03:20:51 (permalink)
Well chum,
All I can say is that the lfz wasn't really vary crowded the first year or two or maybe three (been a long time so it kinda runs together in the mind) it existed.You could fish the bridge hole by yourself, the midpool with 1 or 2 others and all the duffuses ,a hand full back then, went to the church pool since you could seeum good in there.

By the time the weight distance reg was changed so had the lfz. I wasn't fishing just watching the unemployment hole from the 52 bridge and having a convo with the econs. They were saying how hard it is to prosocute lifters because of the intent and all.
I asked why they never seemed to look around in the zone where many of the lifters were throwing six foot plus tippets since there would be no intent grey area to deal with, it is a strictly a math issue.
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Going up on Monday 2010/10/20 13:56:42 (permalink)
Not sure I follow you wader, unless the six foot plus tippets were part of a leader that exceeded 15' overall.

The zone pros sure like their long skinny tippets topped off with size 22 midge patterns in the winter....
waDerboy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1910
RE: Going up on Monday 2010/10/20 15:35:19 (permalink)
Splitshot or slinky then 6-8 feet then hook.
The ma bell rig.
Just reach out and touch someone as they used to say.
Point was it was the year the reg changed from min of 2 feet to max of 4 feet between weight and hook and the econs had no clue what the regs were much as it appears the guy in this story had no clue.
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
RE: Going up on Monday 2010/10/22 06:17:18 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: draketrutta

Wader ole buddy ole pal,,, :)

I never fished the LFZ and can promise you I never will...
If I want elbow to elbow fun, I'll sit on a stool in a crowded barroom.

i have had many days of near or complete solitude in the LFZ. you just gotta pick your days when it's -15 in the morning and doesn't get much out of the teens by mid day...
uglyfish
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 561
RE: Going up on Monday 2010/10/22 07:31:16 (permalink)
It might get a little crowded but conversation is always good. People don't act like there going to kill each other over a fish like some of the holes along the river. Had to laugh I brought my dad up for the first time during the salmon run and showed him the tressle hole in a matter a 5 minutes 2 guys were arguing and we saw 2 guys take a salmon river bath.
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Going up on Monday 2010/10/22 14:20:07 (permalink)
haha - uglyfish - what about the old man with the Spey Rod that thinks he owns the entire pool above the bridge?

Heard he was tossing boulders at a kid last week...

DB - you can have the LFZ all to yourself.. I'd rather fish elsewhere - even in cold temps. Them Cemetary Hole Fish deserve a break if they make it past Xmas.

dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
RE: Going up on Monday 2010/10/22 14:49:01 (permalink)
i'll continue to keep it to myself a few days out of the year in january...i enjoy it. hooked many fresh energetic fish after christmas up there year after year...so don't try to make me seem like i'm doing something bad for fishing up there. if the fish is willing to strike then why leave it alone??? i stay away from the deep holes. i fish the flat middle section below the church hole where i find steel that gorge on nymphs high sticked with a bb shot. this past january i had two fish nearly brake water after the strike. keep in mind i fish the whole river...and have many different methods. you shouldn't generalize someone just for fishing a particular spot. one more point/question..do you fish schoolhouse??? if so what is the difference??? there are just as many if not even more fish that winterize there than the cemetery... so wher's your logic. how about ellis cove??? is everyone who fishes for winterized holding steelhead doing someting bad??? your logic seems to say so... remember just observing and questioning... not arguing... fish on brother...
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Going up on Monday 2010/10/22 15:05:48 (permalink)
LFZ is simply not my cup of tea. It is a.k.a. "The Kiddie Pool" for good reason.
My choice to not fish there, it is your choice to fish there.
All is fine in the world. 

The schoolhouse/wires/ellis have turned into a cluster****  the last couple of years.
If I am there during a good snowstorm and there is hardly anyone around, I will occaisionally fish there.
Otherwise, I will make tracks elsewhere downriver.

I prefer solitude, even if that means getting the skunk or catching one silver bullet -vs- catching a bunch of darkhorses hanging out in their wintertime slumber. Some guys are into numbers, others not so much.

It's all good...depends on one's needs and priorities.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: