Great video of guide snagging fish

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/12 23:01:45 (permalink)
Salmo - walk the ball park and you will see that 99% of the "fishermen" are doing the same darn thing...

Lifting? yes

I don't know how that goofball in the video would have raised his weights for the next chuck without lifting his rod.

Blatent Ripping? I don't think so, at least according to what the DEC allows.

For the most part, the only thing they seem to enforce these days is over-limit possessions (poaching) and keeping a false hooked fish.

But that is a fact that escapes most folks. 
post edited by draketrutta - 2010/10/12 23:02:43
waDerboy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1910
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/13 03:19:45 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: draketrutta

Salmo - walk the ball park and you will see that 99% of the "fishermen" are doing the same darn thing...

Lifting? yes

I don't know how that goofball in the video would have raised his weights for the next chuck without lifting his rod.

For the most part, the only thing they seem to enforce these days is over-limit possessions (poaching) and keeping a false hooked fish.

1) we all should know that because the other guy is doing it is not excuse for one's actions.
2) try spripping the line in at the end until the weights is at the surface instead of doing the windmill. I expected to see Don Quixote ride up and try to joust him.
3)The enforcement of the action is hard to get a conviction. Even with a brief definition in the book it is still hard to prove intent.
4) That is the key. If they witness the action, landing and roping of the fish they will issue the ticket because it is worth their time in court if they have that as evidence.
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/13 03:29:27 (permalink)

Well then, in that case, you should have done a better job of "CLEANING UP DODGE CITY" back in your Sherrifin days.... but I'm sure your Superiors told you to back off because you would have chased 98% of the fishermen away from the SR... (after youze guys changed the rules and stopped encouraging folks from RIPPIN with CRICKET ROCKETS).

p.s. - if you consider that as Blatent Snagging and Ripping, you are sadly mistaken.

p.s.s.- WCO's/DEC do not oversee NY Guides... But I guess you knew that......

Keep sending them RAT messages into Command Central. Maybe they'll pull you out of retirement and add your name & # to the back of a LOTAC card....

It was because the courts (cash register in Poolassky, where I live it has to do with the 5 a week murder rate taking up all the courts time) make it hard for the DEC to get convictions that they don't come down harder on the snagging action.
Yes the DEC did ( I had working econ officers tell people you had to FORCE feed these fish)encourage snagging at one point (13 bitterly carried a newpaper article with him for years) but that was before angler conflict made them make a decision in favor of fishing over snagging.
Which brings me to my next post.

waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/13 03:38:32 (permalink)

2bone - flash your badge to someone that gives a ****.
You want to impress me and alot of other folks - send an email to the DEC and tell them to start cracking down on the clearly blatent illegal behavior in easily accessible spots along the SR. 

I make no bones or contentions to transform the Salmon River into some pristine place. It is what it is. A man-made cash register.
And I will continue to laugh at the so-called altar boys and C&R cretins that want to change the world, but don't have the sack necessary to 
confront someone on the river face to face but instead run to the internet to complain after calling the 1-800-RATLINE..

The SR - unnaturally stacked with tons of fish so that thousands of folks will visit the area and stick fish in the face so they get a chub..Yes - I am one of them chubhunters....

Funny how Chuck & Duck was widely advertised as the best method to hook into the SR beasts in the very recent past.

Too bad NY outlawed the sale of small lead shot - that shiney tin crap he had on his line only made the splash more dramatic on film.... 

Good thing I live in Pa and have boxloads of the real thing....

I'll respond even though you are clearly not talking to me.
In my prime standing 6'5" and weighing in at 220 I sacked up on many occassions, more often than not in a 2 3 4 or 5 on 1 situation. That angler conflict I mentioned somewhere else.
At 60 arthritic and a pillsberry doughboy at 290 not so much.
Yes the surface area of tin make a bigger sploosh.
Chuck and duck is a delivery system and has nothing to do with the rip this toad gives at the end of each "drift".

There is at least 1 good thing about living in Pa then.
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/13 03:43:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: metalslayer

That WAS blatant ripping---BIG reef at the end of EVERY drift---I don't get bit every drift--do you? And what's w/ the rod sweeping downstream?

That is the classic SR power swing at its best (worst).
It speeds the line downriver and across the fishes mouth rather than straight up into the belly.
That is power lining my friend. Don't give them a chance to get out of the way.
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/13 05:48:14 (permalink)
when fishing fastw ater, you are sometimes limited to a quick drift. a quick drift is not snagging; but a rip at the end of your drift which leaves you with slack line is well; ripping... drake, if you don't care as you always claom you don't; then why do you attack people for doing something about something they care about? just a question... if it is what is as you say it is, then maybe you should just leave it alone sometimes...
metalslayer
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 689
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/13 06:03:03 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: waDerboy

That WAS blatant ripping---BIG reef at the end of EVERY drift---I don't get bit every drift--do you? And what's w/ the rod sweeping downstream?

It speeds the line downriver and across the fishes mouth rather than straight up into the belly.
I know what he was doing--just pointing it out.

Steel on a pin---so easy a caveman can do it.
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/13 15:26:34 (permalink)
Just spelling it out for those that can't read between the lines.
Kokanee Killer
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1015
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/13 22:45:52 (permalink)
lol lol

I have become comfortably numb
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 15:28:32 (permalink)

Wow - I never knew that a person was not supposed to move/point their rod tip downstream as their offering moved along with current...

I'd love to see how you two guys set the hook when you rod is at the 10 o'clock position and the fish is at 4 0'clock.

Gotta youtube video of that?

pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 16:47:30 (permalink)
Drake,you ARE acting like a real****what are you trying to prove?
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 16:49:03 (permalink)
Did someone say you couldn't point your rod downstream somewhere?
Don't pretend to be more ignorant than you are.
You really are a fool for having the knowledge you seem to have and still being a complete twat.
I sure hope twat isn't filtered here.
We should fish together sometime.
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 16:49:32 (permalink)
Yes!!!!!!
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 17:58:00 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: pafisher

Drake,you ARE acting like a real****what are you trying to prove?

Just asking a simple question....

I'd like to know how to set the hook when your rod is pointed away from a potential hookup target.

Maybe the DEC should implement a new reg that requires the fisherman to install a GPS tracking device to his rod to record&submit data to them so they can monitor how fast the rod is moved downstream...

dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 18:14:50 (permalink)

Lifting? yes

completely false.. undercover DEC in a drift boat nailed a hand full of guys for leader length and a non license holder in ellis cove. everyone scattered instantly. my friend was fortunate enough to be doing the right thing and had a few hours of peace and steel...
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 18:18:06 (permalink)
good to hear, hope they trailered the boat at Pineville and went wading at the Ballpark afterwards...
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 18:25:02 (permalink)

Did someone say you couldn't point your rod downstream somewhere?
Don't pretend to be more ignorant than you are.
You really are a fool for having the knowledge you seem to have and still being a complete twat.
I sure hope twat isn't filtered here.
We should fish together sometime.

Last time I checked, there is no reg that prevents someone to point a rod downstream and there is no rule that dictates the speed at which they can pivot the rod downstream..

you guys are reachin for straws....

I'll be up fishing the entire first week of Nov. Let me know if you want to hook up.
Mostly fly fishing, but I plan on dusting off the pin and float some beads too - at least for 1 day.

3fan
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 668
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 18:27:08 (permalink)
The more you guys argue with him the more he gets off, just ignore his bullcrap and maybe his boyfriend will find something else for the tard to do.
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 19:13:34 (permalink)
Who's arguing?
He knows he can't tweek me so we play.
waDerboy
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 19:19:22 (permalink)
Drake you know it is the sweep at the end of EVERY drift shown in the video that we are talking about.
You are not stupid enough not to know what that is about.

As for me most of the time I just have to tighten up a little since the current has pulled the hook into the inside of the near side mandible cartilage.

Use your GPS to find any credible source that says the 60s coho were planted for reasons other than alwive predation.
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 19:58:45 (permalink)
Hey toolbox- if a fish grabs and your rod is pointed down stream it will still be a grab. If you rip the fugger across their face prob. not. Get it raterd?

Lyrical
metalslayer
Expert Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 20:05:43 (permalink)
I'm not real big on hook sets--when a fish hits--they almost hook themselves.Yes 1 would follow their  drift downstream---just not w/ the rod almost laying on the water.

draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 20:24:58 (permalink)

I'm not real big on hook sets--when a fish hits--they almost hook themselves.Yes 1 would follow their  drift downstream---just not w/ the rod almost laying on the water.

Thank you for a straight forward, no BS answer...

Different strokes for different folks..

I follow the drift downstream with my rod and the further it goes the lower my rod goes in anticipation of a bite,

if I get a bite then I set the hook so friggin hard that tears roll out of the fish's eyes...

If I intend on battling a steelie, I'm burying that hook deep to minimize the chance of that fish spittin it free.

p.s. - if I'm running a float via the pin outfit, I'll keep the rod higher (gotta keep the line off the water ya know
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 20:29:00 (permalink)

Drake you know it is the sweep at the end of EVERY drift shown in the video that we are talking about.
You are not stupid enough not to know what that is about.

As for me most of the time I just have to tighten up a little since the current has pulled the hook into the inside of the near side mandible cartilage.

Use your GPS to find any credible source that says the 60s coho were planted for reasons other than alwive predation.

What's next?
Are you going to critique his "aggressive stripping" action with his hand?

Funny how the Salmon stockings never stopped (but increased dramatically) once the alewive dieoffs became history.....

draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 20:30:38 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: salmotrutta

Hey toolbox- if a fish grabs and your rod is pointed down stream it will still be a grab. If you rip the fugger across their face prob. not. Get it raterd?

Don't fret Salmo....

as long as the hook is the mouth you're cool.......

doesn't really matter how it got there....

Capisch???
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 20:32:08 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: 3fan

The more you guys argue with him the more he gets off, just ignore his bullcrap and maybe his boyfriend will find something else for the tard to do.

Shouldn't you be out and bout gathering petition signatures to make Atlantic Salmon C&R only?
metalslayer
Expert Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 20:34:20 (permalink)
My rod gets lower towards the end too---it keeps the drift going at the speed of the current---that tool had it layed out as soon as it hit the water---classic power sweep ;)

draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 20:39:02 (permalink)

Who's arguing?
He knows he can't tweek me so we play.

True dat - after all, it's just interweb play. Some folks take this **** too seriously..

But the hypocritical Dudley Do-rights and wanna-be DEC tards deserve every ounce of abuse I can muster. 

btw my offer stands if you want to - first fullweek of Nov I be there.

I don't fish the DSR, so no need to worry about forking over 45 clams to Dougie...
Might even have a free bunk available at the clubhouse...
Hope you like beer - we drink a wee bit once the sun goes down. 
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 20:51:13 (permalink)

My rod gets lower towards the end too---it keeps the drift going at the speed of the current---that tool had it layed out as soon as it hit the water---classic power sweep ;)

In between the BB posts which are intended for fun and games, a bit of serious discussion..

Honestly, I cant really see what advantage there is to this so-called "classic power sweep".

Now, if the hole was packed solid with fish and that fool (the reason I think he is a fool is because
he felt the need to film himself and put it on youzetube in the hopes of instant hero-ization) was rippin a fish out every cast I'd agree with you.

Actually, his drifts were so short he probably would not benefit by holding to rod up high tobegin with.
He should have moved dowstream a couple hundred yards - he'd be the norm -vs- the exception.

The way i see it,the only thing forcing a sweep is going to accomplish is getting snagged just above every drift... Not saying I'm right, but that's the main reason I would not even bother with it.

Once again - the biggest offenders of what you describe are the Oil Riggers at the NeedleEyes of the Ballpark. They got it down to a science and actually have a whole Nation of Followers....  !!!!

What's your member #?

post edited by draketrutta - 2010/10/14 20:56:44
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Great video of guide snagging fish 2010/10/14 20:52:45 (permalink)

I follow the drift downstream with my rod and the further it goes the lower my rod goes in anticipation of a bite,

p.s. - if I'm running a float via the pin outfit, I'll keep the rod higher (gotta keep the line off the water ya know

gonna have to completely agree with both, sometimes even feed line out as i drop the rod tip at the end of the drigft... but when setting the hook drake while i swingeth the fly, i don't cross their eyes; just a tight lined lift towards the down stream bank so the hook drives rather than turn and pull away. when bobber fishing, i do more than cross their eyes, i make them flounder and almost belly up after setting the hook so hard...
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: