ROD REPAIR

Author
pikepredator2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 953
  • Reward points: 0
2010/10/06 02:23:10 (permalink)

ROD REPAIR

It was bound to happen. The fly rod I've had for years now crapped the bed at the butt end. Can't hold a reel now and lower end is loose in cork. It's a real old shakespear fiberglass and I'm not ready to give it up yet. Any rod repair guys out there that might be able to take a look at it to see if its fixable? Also, needed to replace this rod immediately as it broke streamside so I picked one up at one of the local shops along route 5. It was an Echo flyrod (i've never heard of them, but that's not saying much) and nabbed it cause it was the least expensive. Well the tip broke my second time using it and now I'm waiting for a replacement. Guy said it would only be a few days. Can anyone tell me anything about Echo flyrods? May have to trade up if it's not at least a somewhat decent quality fishing rod. thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

Skip16503
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4028
    RE: ROD REPAIR 2010/10/06 02:56:13 (permalink)
    I should be able to repair it for you....  As far as Echo I have no experience with them ....  I think a few guys on here have tried them and I'm sure they will chime in good or bad....

I am in Harborcreek BTW

Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    RE: ROD REPAIR 2010/10/06 07:03:45 (permalink)
    Echo makes some quality stuff and has a pretty kick**** warranty. You probably got an Echo Solo for somewhere areound $90-100, right? If I remember correctly, they should repair/replace your broken section free of charge (aside from shipping, maybe...they may even pick up that).

My steelheading rod is an Echo and I've never regretted that decision.
    Jump to: