Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
campbell8272
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 50
  • Reward points: 0
2010/08/29 09:10:56 (permalink)

silver creek, springville

ive never taken my steelhead ventures anywhere but erie but seeing as how i live in ny i thought maybe this years id give it a try, any of you ever been to silver creek or springville fishing for steelhead?

48 Replies Related Threads

BloodyHand
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2134
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/29 10:14:36 (permalink)
    From the looks of the map, I dont see why it couldnt be a good place to fish for steel. Gotta go check out that mouth to see if the fish can get from the lake up the crick. Worth a scouting trip IMO.

BH
    indsguiz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6360
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/29 11:22:12 (permalink)
    WOW! Thank you for ANOTHER small creek spot burn. Hope you like meeting up with 2-300 other folks when you go there. Please don not spot burn, ask for pm's

Illegitimis Non carborundum
    sig220e
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 287
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/29 14:27:59 (permalink)
    Spot Burn?  Where do you see spot burn?  He did not mention any specific spots apart from the names of two towns in NY.  Folks need to chill with the label of "spot burning."  I am convinced that only about 5% actualy know what it reallly means.  If this keeps up, merely mentioning Lake Erie will be spot burning.....

Campbell,

Yes - Salmon have historically been caught off of Cons. Road between Spring. and E. Otto.  There is no secret about that.  However, some of the stretch towards the town of Springville is private property.  A buddy of mine owns some property along there.

If you go to either location, hope you do well.  I primarily stick to fishing 20-mile near North East (ooooops - sorry for the spot burn).   LMAO

More on Spot Burning,

Some will insist upon PM's to discuss information regarding "secret spots" with the misguided illusion that it will remain a secret and the masses will not congregate there.  I wish to say "BULLOCKS!"  Take The following quote: Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.  Any disclosure to anyone about a spot you know automatically ruins it. Do you really think people can keep their mouths shut?  Food for thought...
    post edited by sig220e - 2010/08/29 14:36:34

Look for truth inwardly, not outwardly.

B. Lee

Good sense is the master of human life.

HCsteel
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 732
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/29 15:13:19 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: sig220e

Spot Burn?  Where do you see spot burn?  He did not mention any specific spots apart from the names of two towns in NY.  Folks need to chill with the label of "spot burning."  I am convinced that only about 5% actualy know what it reallly means.  If this keeps up, merely mentioning Lake Erie will be spot burning.....

Campbell,

Yes - Salmon have historically been caught off of Cons. Road between Spring. and E. Otto.  There is no secret about that.  However, some of the stretch towards the town of Springville is private property.  A buddy of mine owns some property along there.

If you go to either location, hope you do well.  I primarily stick to fishing 20-mile near North East (ooooops - sorry for the spot burn).   LMAO

More on Spot Burning,

Some will insist upon PM's to discuss information regarding "secret spots" with the misguided illusion that it will remain a secret and the masses will not congregate there.  I wish to say "BULLOCKS!"  Take The following quote: Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.  Any disclosure to anyone about a spot you know automatically ruins it. Do you really think people can keep their mouths shut?  Food for thought...

Sig if there is anyone on this board that can tell someone to stop spot burning it would be Indy, he has done nothing but good for this board and you have obviously never met him in real life. Go back to the hole you crawled out of.
    sig220e
    Expert Angler
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/29 15:45:16 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: HCsteel

Campbell,

More on Spot Burning,

Sig if there is anyone on this board that can tell someone to stop spot burning it would be Indy, he has done nothing but good for this board and you have obviously never met him in real life. Go back to the hole you crawled out of.

Seriously?

There are numerous men and women out there in the real world who have made contributions to society that would make his (indy) miniscule in comparison, and yet, others, many of them great themselves, disagreed with some of what they said.  Get over yourself man...

The OP asked a question about a stream located newar two towns.  If left alone, this is no big deal. 

I do know Jack - have been to two One Fly's - but that does not mean I have to agree with everything he states.  Flippin sheep man...

Maybe you need to get your facts before coming out of your hole!

B. Lee

jimhalupka
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1058
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/29 16:11:24 (permalink)
    sig... we all just want to know who you REALLY are... stop hiding!

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
    Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1887
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/29 16:29:55 (permalink)
    Silver creek rocks, truuss me duuds.  Silver and Walnut in Ny  state. Way better than anything PA has to offer.  Only thing better is the catt. If the catt is blown, just come back route 5 until you find fishable water. It's that simple duuds.   Thare juss dum fish.
    post edited by Stillhead - 2010/08/29 16:30:21
    sig220e
    Expert Angler
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/29 16:32:04 (permalink)
    Sorry Jim, only one other person knows that and they know the consequences for being a blabbermouth.

In all seriousness, if all that matters is "who" is doing the saying, and not the content nor the truth of which they speak, my point has been made.

B. Lee

cbeagler
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1811
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/29 16:34:12 (permalink)
    Just a question. We have entire maps about where to fish--we even have a New York forum. Just what is it that makes something a spot burn. How do we gauge when we can talk about a location? Is it popularity? The Stop Sign Hole, the Wall, The Chutes are pretty well known, but there is a map for the rest of the creek. Not trying to be a smart Alek. Just want to know for sure. What I have been doing is asking myself, "Just how many people do I want around me?"
    post edited by cbeagler - 2010/08/29 16:46:06
    indsguiz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6360
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/29 19:14:18 (permalink)
    Gentlemen, Sig 220E is perfectly right in having his opinion. My point was to avoid spot burning, which happens when a discussion of a stream starts up. Believe it or not there are 1,000's of fishermen out there who think that fishing in NY begins with the Black River and ends with the Salmon River. And most of those 1,000's will never get out of their cars and explore any new water on their own. But since the aformentioned creek has been mentioned, I will add that you need to be careful on the lower stretches of that creek! Lots of soft sand and mud bottom that can ruin a day. Also, without naming a specific spot, there can be some very good fishing in some of the feeder streams, and it sucks in some of the others. I apologize for my preemptive attitude. I am one of the "Old Dudes" who got out and walked and walked and came up empty handed way too many times while exploring. And; I recently posted on the NY Boards asking about any "Other Creeks" in NY State because I'm too old and too busted up to walk too far and I wanted some peace. I've been to most of the big Waters but I was looking for a place like Trout Run. And ya know what I got , , , Nothing new! So either I already know everything, about every creek from Detroit to Cornwall (which ain't very likely) or some folks aren't giving out much information, which again, is their right.
    And then there is the fact that some folks simply enjoy spot burning because they hope the masses will leave their waters and go there (to the spot burned place).

Illegitimis Non carborundum
    glen
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 920
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/29 20:53:12 (permalink)
    Ny east of buffalo sucks, P.a. is king of all lake Erie waters. Walnut Rules!!!!
    fishbreath
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 115
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/29 21:31:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: glen

Ny east of buffalo sucks, P.a. is king of all lake Erie waters. Walnut Rules!!!!
    BloodyHand
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2134
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/29 22:32:10 (permalink)
    Oh those precious steel. We caught Bass in the BAY today!
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/29 22:39:10 (permalink)
    Screw those steelies, the walleye are still bitin'!
    Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/29 23:23:58 (permalink)

Sorry Jim, only one other person knows that and they know the consequences for being a blabbermouth.

not true....I got ya busted troll.....and I aint scared....my other screenname is jimmy2clips....shall I call you out now?

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/30 00:36:52 (permalink)

In all seriousness, if all that matters is "who" is doing the saying, and not the content nor the truth of which they speak, my point has been made.

Did my name come up at your dinner table again?

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    dano
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2992
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/30 10:04:58 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: campbell8272

ive never taken my steelhead ventures anywhere but erie but seeing as how i live in ny i thought maybe this years id give it a try, any of you ever been to silver creek or springville fishing for steelhead?

Where about are ya living, now.
    campbell8272
    New Angler
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/30 16:39:39 (permalink)
    so why dont you jump on people who ask for good spots on the bay or the entire lake. you know how many streams there are in each of those towns? i never even asked what creek or what spot. dont get your panties in a bunch. if you would realize how active the ny board is then you would realize why you got no answer. and maybe they didnt wanna say anything cause they would be called a 'spot burner.'  and guess what im still gonna go get out and walk and explore the stream reguardless of what anyone says. everyone on this board isnt old and doesnt have a spare 10 hours a day to get out and wander around, ever think of that?
    campbell8272
    New Angler
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/30 16:40:35 (permalink)
    dano i live in limestone,ny
    sig220e
    Expert Angler
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/30 17:47:01 (permalink)

so why dont you jump on people who ask for good spots on the bay or the entire lake. you know how many streams there are in each of those towns? i never even asked what creek or what spot. dont get your panties in a bunch. if you would realize how active the ny board is then you would realize why you got no answer. and maybe they didnt wanna say anything cause they would be called a 'spot burner.'  and guess what im still gonna go get out and walk and explore the stream reguardless of what anyone says. everyone on this board isnt old and doesnt have a spare 10 hours a day to get out and wander around, ever think of that?

+1

B. Lee

LoganWade03
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 831
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/30 20:19:00 (permalink)

Well then looks as though your either going to have to spend your precious, less than 10hrs a day to explore and figure it out oooooorrrr you can count on someone giving you a little info...but being an **** probably isn't going to get you the info you're looking for. 

The moment of truth. Where all other things unconsciously melt away from our minds the instant a fish takes our fly. We stand there on the water with wide eyes, caught in a battle stance with an idea of confidence and hope
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/30 23:20:03 (permalink)
    "...but being an **** probably isn't going to get you the info you're looking for."

Because there will be plenty of folks, eager to prove they can be an even bigger "****"

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    cbeagler
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1811
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/30 23:29:12 (permalink)
    Probably as good a time as any for this smiley...

Peace
    D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6701
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/31 09:53:08 (permalink)

so why dont you jump on people who ask for good spots on the bay or the entire lake. you know how many streams there are in each of those towns?

It's very, very simple.

The lake is PUBLIC PROPERTY.

The streams in that area are on PRIVATE PROPERTY.

That is the difference, and it's a significant one. 

Why do people like you have such a hard time understanding this?
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/31 12:41:26 (permalink)
    "The streams in that area are on PRIVATE PROPERTY.

That is the difference, and it's a significant one."

Yeah, and if those streams got no Steelhead runs, and he was asking ifv there were ANY other fishing opportunities in them. He'd get plenty of answers, without any concern about private property.

THAT is the difference, and there shouldn't be one.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/31 13:13:07 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

Yeah, and if those streams got no Steelhead runs, and he was asking ifv there were ANY other fishing opportunities in them. He'd get plenty of answers, without any concern about private property.

THAT is the difference, and there shouldn't be one.

Not from me. 
    campbell8272
    New Angler
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/31 16:32:00 (permalink)
    people like me? exactly what is that suppose to mean? and if every foot of land there is posted then ill say im sorry but im sure its not. and how would i know if its posted? thats why i asked the question i did. and im sure you have never ever fished a piece of stream or pond that isnt openly public right?
    D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/31 16:36:04 (permalink)

people like me? exactly what is that suppose to mean? and if every foot of land there is posted then ill say im sorry but im sure its not. and how would i know if its posted? thats why i asked the question i did. and im sure you have never ever fished a piece of stream or pond that isnt openly public right?

People who can't understand simple concepts.

Do you know the difference between "private property" and "public property"? 

Do you think that if a tract of land does not have "no trespassing" signs displayed, that therefore the property is "public property"?
    campbell8272
    New Angler
    RE: silver creek, springville 2010/08/31 16:52:31 (permalink)
    yes i understand what they are completely. where im from which is a very populated hunting area, if the land owners dont want people walking through they post it. otherwise treat it with respect and hunt safely. people like you need to calm down and realize everyone isnt out there to trash people stuff. i asked a simple question to which none of your reply's have any relevance. so unless you got some information about springville or orchard park share it, other wise take your two cents and shove it
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: