20 HP Limit

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Esox_Hunter
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2393
  • Reward points: 0
RE: 20 HP Limit 2010/09/03 10:08:51 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Porktown

As for getting off the lake...  If you are caught in a storm that bad, you likely practiced "just one more cast" a few too many times.  If it is that bad, getting to the closest shore (including islands) at the widest portion of the lake is still less than a mile.  Do you really need to try to make it back to your car when the sky opens up?  I grew up with a scanoe powered by a 2hp motor.  I waited out many storms on the shores of islands or misc. shore lines.  Yeah, if you have another motor on the back, I see no issue with dropping in emergencies, but Pymie is not Erie.  It's pretty big, but nothing that you can't reach some sort of land, in less than 10 minutes in just about any powered vessle. 

Sorry, if I am caught in a bad storm (my fault or not) I am dropping the big motor and hauling back to the dock. I may be less than 10 minutes from the shore with the little motor, but I am also going to be less than 10 minutes from the launch with the big motor.
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9694
RE: 20 HP Limit 2010/09/03 10:38:00 (permalink)
Yeah, if you have another motor on the back, I see no issue with dropping in emergencies

I guess you missed this?

My point is, there are and SHOULD be lakes that those without "power" boats should be able to equally enjoy with THEIR and OUR tax dollars.
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3104
RE: 20 HP Limit 2010/09/03 10:53:59 (permalink)

Yeah, if you have another motor on the back, I see no issue with dropping in emergencies

I guess you missed this?

My point is, there are and SHOULD be lakes that those without "power" boats should be able to equally enjoy with THEIR and OUR tax dollars.

Kahle Lake, Kyle Lake, Tamarack, Cloe Lake, Justus Lake, Colyer Lake to name a few that are electric only so these can be places for sailboats and other to go. I love to fish some of these lakes with a old 14 footer and 27lb thrust motor
post edited by psu_fish - 2010/09/03 10:54:56
sstuffy
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 104
RE: 20 HP Limit 2010/09/04 21:58:24 (permalink)
i agree with porktown i think they should leave these lakes with the 20 hp limit so you can actually go out and enjoy a day of fishing without having boats fly by ya at 40mph there are plenty of lakes to take the big motors out on and besides arthur isnt at all that big and you can be from one end of the lake to the other end in no time at all cause whats the hurry when your out fishing life flies by so its nice to slow the world down a few notches and enjoy a day out on the water
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: