MK Terrova I Pilot problems

Author
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1849
  • Reward points: 0
2010/07/09 16:00:55 (permalink)

MK Terrova I Pilot problems

When using the auto pilot on my new MK Terrova 80 the motor spins in circles. It just started to do this and was wondering if anyone has ever had this problem? Thought I would ask before taking it to a MK repair dealer?

6 Replies Related Threads

nwpaconcours
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 41
    RE: MK Terrova I Pilot problems 2010/07/09 18:04:26 (permalink)
    Some folks have reported this with weak batteries. Check the battery condition and connections.

If battery and connections are good, make sure you run with your main motor in and straight (rudder).

Final check would be if you get the issue when you key up your marine radio.

I run this unit and have no issues to-date, except if I try to use anchor lock before the boat has stopped. If you're moving a few miles and hour and hit anchor it kinda goes nuts trying to get back to where you locked in.
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    RE: MK Terrova I Pilot problems 2010/07/09 18:19:01 (permalink)
    Both batteries wired in series fully charged 24 volt. No marine radio. Worked fine to start with but not now. Spot Lock worked fine before, I will have to recheck it now that Auto Pilot is not operating right.
    nwpaconcours
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 41
    RE: MK Terrova I Pilot problems 2010/07/09 22:10:59 (permalink)
    Here's a thread with a problem similar to yours:

http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167909

startinout
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 342
    RE: MK Terrova I Pilot problems 2010/07/14 23:25:47 (permalink)
    If I were to guess,  it's a battery problem/ battery hookup problem.  I always know when my batteries are close to dead, because that's exactly what mine does, go in circles. 
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    RE: MK Terrova I Pilot problems 2010/07/26 23:53:02 (permalink)
    I swapped out one of the batteries and that seemed to correct the problem. Thanks for the helpful information.
    The battery I removed seems to work fine with a regular 12 volt trolling motor
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    RE: MK Terrova I Pilot problems 2010/07/26 23:56:44 (permalink)
    I have also noticed this, but once you are stoped the anchor lock works great to hold your spot.
    ORIGINAL: nwpaconcours

Some folks have reported this with weak batteries. Check the battery condition and connections.

If battery and connections are good, make sure you run with your main motor in and straight (rudder).

Final check would be if you get the issue when you key up your marine radio.

I run this unit and have no issues to-date, except if I try to use anchor lock before the boat has stopped. If you're moving a few miles and hour and hit anchor it kinda goes nuts trying to get back to where you locked in.

Jump to: