Slippage/Rack Storage in Erie

Author
Bogeyjoker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1704
  • Reward points: 0
2010/06/06 22:33:07 (permalink)

Slippage/Rack Storage in Erie

I brought my Sportcraft home tonight from Port Clinton. It trailered nicer than I thought it would at over 3 tons GVW, but I wouldn't want to trailer her every time I wanted to wet a line. The previous owner kept it in a rack and had it dropped in every time he went out. This setup is appealing to me because it eliminates the weathering of the boat/cover, it allows you to keep your gear loaded without worrying about theft and you wouldn't have to paint the bottom with anti-fouling paint. Is there anywhere in Erie that has rack storage/rack service? If not, I'll probably have to see if a slip is available at Lampe or in the bay somewhere.
If I didn't live east county, I'd consider Ohio waters too, but that's a bit of a haul for me. I love Northeast Marina, but some years (like last year) the non-resident 'eyes don't make it to the deep water. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

5 Replies Related Threads

kingnuke32
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1863
    RE: Slippage/Rack Storage in Erie 2010/06/07 08:26:53 (permalink)
    I wouldn't want to be tied to just one area to feesh all the time. Depending on weather bite etc. That's just me though. If I had to dock somewhere in the area it would be Conny.
    bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: Slippage/Rack Storage in Erie 2010/06/07 09:56:24 (permalink)
    If it's not bottom painted a slip may not be the best idea, I've seen some nasty stuff on boat bottoms, zebras are agressive and don't take long to foul the bottom. My rig weighs similar to yours and I normally tow it, like you said it's a major pain to unload all the gear if you leave it somewhere. I don't know of any rack storage other than maybe North East. One thing about it, the heavy boat made for a nice excuse to buy a new heavy duty truck

I'll be watchin' this thread to see what you find out.
    Bogeyjoker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1704
    RE: Slippage/Rack Storage in Erie 2010/06/07 10:17:39 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bulldog1

the heavy boat made for a nice excuse to buy a new heavy duty truck

I'll be watchin' this thread to see what you find out.

I took care of the new heavy duty truck last year . So, towing really isn't a problem so much...I'm just getting lazy in my old age and would like to just load the ice chest on the boat, turn the key and go fishing.
    bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: Slippage/Rack Storage in Erie 2010/06/07 10:41:51 (permalink)
    I'm definately with ya on that, let me know if you get it figured out!
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4012
    RE: Slippage/Rack Storage in Erie 2010/06/07 11:02:29 (permalink)
    We used to keep it on the trailer at Cherry St. Marina then make the short haul to Lampe.  Not sure if they let you store it there anymore or not.  It was locked behind their gate and we kept all the equipment locked in the cuddy.  Never had any problems.  Could be another option for you but you still need to make a short haul and do the whole launch schtick. 
    Jump to: