Hereford Manor

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
**commander**
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4216
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Hereford Manor 2010/04/05 12:21:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: eyesandgillz

ORIGINAL: **commander**

good ideas but are they going to have to hire somebody to stand at a gate and collect cash? what are they going to pay that state employee? can you trust that all of the cash will get turned in and get to where its needed to go?

I don't advocate having to pay an entrance/parking fee but, if you wanted to enforce it, you could have pay boxes like they do up on Kinzua.  We use them to park at Willow Bay for ice fishing.  Never know when the warden is going to be checking and if he nails you, make sure it is fine to really nail the person and make them want to pay the $2 or $5 for parking/entrance fee.  For Fish Commission owned lakes, I think the $2 dam stamp would be the best approach.  We are going to have the pay the piper for upkeep on these dams sooner or later and if you want the Fish Commission to remain a semi-independent agency, the fisherman are going to have to support it.  As far as the "casual fisherman," and I mean that very loosely (I think even a casual 5-8 days of fishing per year fisherman gets his licenses worth), if they are going to complain and whine about it, so what.  They will still pay the extra money anyways because it is more about going away for that weekend; getting hammered with his buddies, time away from the wife/GF/kids, etc.... than it is about catching fish anyhow. 

i have no problem with a $2 dam stamp. i think if youre going to do it you gotta do it at the time you buy your license.

i also thought about the pay boxes and its a good idea but there are many people that dont pay and roll the dice...and are the wardens going to be checking all day?

does anybody know what the fine is for not paying the "pay box" or fishing without a license?

"I'm sick of all the fairytale stories of how this is destiny and how the saints have rebuilt new orleans.Sorry but you can write the script anyway you want but the actors(sean payton and crew)do not have the talent to step on the stage."---Logan Wade
rapalacrazy
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 29
RE: Hereford Manor 2010/04/10 06:03:54 (permalink)
i myself would pay the extra to keep these lakes right where they are. having grown up 15 min from hereford, and now living 5 min. i use this lake and the land to hunt and fish. i have fished first day of trout season there for 30 years. even though i prefer to fly fish the creeks, it would break my heart to see it go. this lake draws millions in revenue for my community each year. people have been activley been doing things to try to keep this lake going, but it seems the state does not care. i personaly think that they know the 465 acres of land they have is a goldmine that housing developement is on thier minds.
startinout
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 342
RE: Hereford Manor 2010/04/10 07:09:08 (permalink)
Between this and some of the going ons up north with the gas and oil drilling, it just shows me what a joke the DEP is.  With friends like that looking over our natural resources, who needs enemies.  To me, they're as bad as lawyers any more.  lol.  Think Zelie sportsmans club is gonna be a little crowded after Herford eventually closes down?
fishenfool46
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 1000
RE: Hereford Manor 2010/04/10 11:00:33 (permalink)
question what happened to the monies from every box of shells i bought or the fishing gear
i bought the extra recreations tax that was put on every piece of equipment.?

I didn't say these are the ten suggestions
signed God
Johnny_Johnson
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 479
RE: Hereford Manor 2010/04/10 12:26:56 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: startinout

Think Zelie sportsmans club is gonna be a little crowded after Herford eventually closes down?

I'm not looking forward to the answer on that one.  It'll prolly be my last year as a member of the club.
flyfishermanPA
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1495
RE: Hereford Manor 2010/04/10 13:36:55 (permalink)
I live and bike in Zeli.. And yet have never seen the sportsmanship club..
RIZ
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 915
RE: Hereford Manor 2010/04/12 01:04:15 (permalink)
fishnfool

that money goes to the feds.  then the fed give some to each state depending on how many licenses they sell.
fruntz
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 153
Hereford Manor 2010/09/01 09:28:56 (permalink)
just noticed that Hereford manor is not on list for fall nor winter stockings. fish comm. giving up on this lake?????
gonefishin
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 328
RE: Hereford Manor 2010/09/01 12:27:19 (permalink)
Last I saw both lakes are slated to be drained early next year and both have plenty of fish already in need of being relocated when the draining occurs. 
cutter702000
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 47
RE: Hereford Manor 2010/09/01 20:30:06 (permalink)
This sucks!  I've got some great memories of trolling the lower lake in weather so cold that we were the only boat out there (and absolutely banging them).  I've got memories of a few "accidental" musky hookups and the largest bass of my life, thus far, from the far end of the upper lake.  My daughter is now seriously interested in fishing and I'm not going to get the chance to make memories like those for her at Hereford.

If you kill a man, you're a murderer.... Kill many, you're a conqueror..... Kill them all, and you're a god.
cutter702000
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 47
RE: Hereford Manor 2010/09/01 20:34:28 (permalink)
Think Zelie sportsmans club is gonna be a little crowded after Herford eventually closes down?

ORIGINAL: startinout

Between this and some of the going ons up north with the gas and oil drilling, it just shows me what a joke the DEP is.  With friends like that looking over our natural resources, who needs enemies.  To me, they're as bad as lawyers any more.  lol.  Think Zelie sportsmans club is gonna be a little crowded after Herford eventually closes down?

Hey Johnny and startinout, rumor has it that the club is planning on banning Powerbait and bottom fishing for trout next year too.

If you kill a man, you're a murderer.... Kill many, you're a conqueror..... Kill them all, and you're a god.
Dream Catcher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1567
RE: Hereford Manor 2010/09/01 20:47:32 (permalink)
Well I suppose more should have joined the conservancy . Otherwise they will take OUR money without OUR opinion . I blame the lack of effort from US "sportsmen" .
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: