Dipsy Diver or Walkers?

Author
bulldog1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5203
  • Reward points: 0
2010/02/22 15:26:41 (permalink)

Dipsy Diver or Walkers?

Just wanted some opinions between the two. Which sizes do you use most?

Personally I've had my best luck with Dipsy Divers. I've had the welded rings come apart on a couple of Walkers. For size, the #1's probably see the most use on my boat except for early in the season the #0's do most of the shallower work.

3 Replies Related Threads

freshwaterdrumR
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 603
    RE: Dipsy Diver or Walkers? 2010/02/22 15:46:23 (permalink)
    I've never had a problem with losing the ring on a dipsy, so i havent had a reason to switch to walkers. However I did use one walker this season and it performed the same as a dipsy.

I use either 2 or 4 of the #1's then 1 or 2 of the #0's(depending on how many rods i can run) out deep.

I prefer the cookie dipsys in shallow because you dont have to worry about pulling the rig all the way in to reset a release if you have a false release.
    pudge1970
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 76
    RE: Dipsy Diver or Walkers? 2010/02/22 18:43:29 (permalink)
    I primarily use size #1 dipsy divers without the rings, only using the rings when the fish are real deep. Alot of times the walleye up here in Erie will be suspended and I will use size zeros or cookie dipsies off the big boards. I have never had a problem with dipsy divers. I do know there was a problem with the Walkers deeper diver welds breaking at the attachment loop, but it has been fixed. I like to keep rods and tackle uniform on my boat. It makes adjustments to the spread easier and I have not seen a need to change divers.

Joe
    kingnuke32
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1863
    RE: Dipsy Diver or Walkers? 2010/02/22 19:01:30 (permalink)
    Dipseys mainly because thats what everyone else runs and if you get #'s from someone else it is easier to replicate. I superglue all my rings on the dipseys and that works fairly well. Biggest thing with dipseys is matching rod setups (rod, line, etc.) so that you can accurately reproduce the successful presentation on other rods. 
    Jump to: