Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Author
Denny Crane x2
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 63
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Pymatuming lake / Crawford County 2010/02/20 22:28:30 (permalink)
Spot burning pertains to private property.  This reservoir (PA's largest) belongs to the public - sharing good reports with helpful tips and access points is great.  It isn't spot burning.  I feel safer knowing there are lots of guys around who can help each other if, God forbid, an accident happens out there.  I talked to guys who weren't the first ones out there, didn't get there real early and they caught lots of fish.  I was one of them: 18 nice crappies and 3 perch, 24 FOW, jig & minnow.  nw/ thanks for the reports and the fish you gave me - hope to see you out there again.

Denny Crane x2
walleyenut!
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 28
RE: Pymatuming lake / Crawford County 2010/02/20 22:38:46 (permalink)
Ya all the guys around me were friendly, telling me what they were using and how deep. I just suck at pan fishing I guess... 

See you on the lake
LOVETOSHOOT
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 191
RE: Pymatuming lake / Crawford County 2010/02/20 22:45:19 (permalink)
I think that it is a logical bet that if not one post was made about that area,  there would have been alot of people there anyway.  Beautiful day with tough dragging and I want to fish...mmmmmmmmmm Tuttle Point?.....mmmmmmm Manning?  Where is the shortest drag?????????????????
loby
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 142
RE: Pymatuming lake / Crawford County 2010/02/22 08:09:23 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: LOVETOSHOOT

I think that it is a logical bet that if not one post was made about that area,  there would have been alot of people there anyway.  Beautiful day with tough dragging and I want to fish...mmmmmmmmmm Tuttle Point?.....mmmmmmm Manning?  Where is the shortest drag?????????????????

I had to laugh when I looked down Pymy Sunday morning..........looked like THE CIRCUS had come to town! Myself and THE MAGICIAN looked at each other and both said "JigMaster on the internet again".......

Everyone be safe & GOOD FISHIN TO YA'

Loby
post edited by loby - 2010/03/01 04:57:14
LOVETOSHOOT
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 191
RE: Pymatuming lake / Crawford County 2010/02/22 09:09:55 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: loby

ORIGINAL: LOVETOSHOOT

I had to laugh when I looked down Pymy Sunday morning..........looked like THE CIRCUS had come to town! Myself and THE MAGICIAN looked at each other and both said "JigMaster on the internet again"..........Guys if you wanna catch fish, you gotta put the time in............

Everyone be safe & GOOD FISHIN TO YA'

Loby

Do you really think that there was any ice this weekend that has easy access that wasn't full? 
IMO internet sites are great to help people who have busy lives who "can't" put in the time.
post edited by LOVETOSHOOT - 2010/02/22 10:16:20
loby
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 142
RE: Pymatuming lake / Crawford County 2010/02/22 09:59:36 (permalink)
I never said anyone was lazy...etc...all I said was anglers need to put some time in scouting to catch fish! I take lots of friends to spots I have scouted, sometimes the drag is tough....but that is the sacrifice we have to make in order to maybe catch some fish. I have not posted anything on any fishing boards in quite a while, now I officially done posting. I apologize to anyone I offended.....
fishfighter1
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 42
RE: Pymatuming lake / Crawford County 2010/02/22 10:23:12 (permalink)
I am right with you Loby. What those guys turned that area into was a perfect example how the beloved internet can't put a ton of pressure on a given area. They knew exactly what they were doing. NW even commented on another board" do you think it will be busier tommorrow" Reply from mote " we'll have lots of company". Some guys just can't help themselves.They have to post everything, for some reason the gene must be missing that lets one keep some things to oneself. I think general fishing reports are great. It gets you started in the right direction. I for one enjoy figuring out where to go and what to use. Some guys love to be spoonfed. I guess its just easier to read the internet and go plop your butt down. As far as the guys that say " I don't have time or I don't know where to go" doesn't hold water with me. Its just taking the easy way out. What did you do before all this internet report crap. Stay home, not go, you tell me? As far as the drag on Sat & Sun it was pretty easy no matter where you went. I am just thankfull that there are no NWjigmasters fishing some of my other favorite spots or lakes.
post edited by fishfighter1 - 2010/02/22 13:31:24
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1156
RE: Pymatuming lake / Crawford County 2010/02/22 13:42:20 (permalink)
Sorry that some of you are so offended by the fishing reports that have been made, but for someone who just began ice fishing last year it has been extremely helpful to have a position on a large lake like this that I can start and work from. I can get a general area where the fish are biting, and then start looking at a lake map and see what structure is around that I may want to fish that others may not be. I have put in as much time as I can studying techniques to use and structure to look for, and have had many fruitless days (and some good ones) trying spots that I thought would be good. It's kind of nice when somebody is nice enough to share a tidbit, then I can check it out and learn what is different from what I was looking for. When I arrived at the lake saturday there was many people in the spot I had fished the day before, so I busted out the trusty map, found another area a ways away from the pack, and gave it a shot and ended up catching a few keepers. Don't konw in my mind how general you would have to be to not be considerd a "spot burner". Do you say "fished the southern end of pymatuning today and and left with a dozen crappies"? As I see it, people would still drive to that end of the lake, look for where the shantys are at, and go setup shop there, same as when I have been fishing in a boat and people see us catching fish and proceed to come up and fish beside me. Better just stick with "fished a lake today and caught fish".
nw/jigmaster
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 395
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/22 15:47:55 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: nw/jigmaster

fished off of tuttle point campgrounds today.. was in 19 FOW fish were beihg caught @ both 10-12 ft.down and @ bottom.. Crappies and perch averaged about 10 keeper fish per. person..

THIS IS MY ORIGINAL POST THAT STARTED THIS THREAD ON HERE!! WAS PRETTY EXPLICIT RIGHT FROM THE GET-GO..JUST TRYIN TO HELP FELLOW ICE-HEADS.. NW/
post edited by nw/jigmaster - 2010/02/23 15:36:59
drill4gills
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 39
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/22 16:18:44 (permalink)
hey jigmaster sounds like the same people that invaded us at tuttle point two yrs ago when we set up 100 yrds away from the group and slammed em then the next day couldn't get on our own holes cause the group moved to us!
drill4gills
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 39
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/22 16:20:49 (permalink)
by the way they were not biting at JAMESTOWN BOAT LAUNCH today maybe next time
fishfighter1
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 42
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/22 17:45:09 (permalink)
Man, you just make this to easy.
1. How did the guys at Tuttle two years ago know that you were slamming them? Just tells me that you liked to yak to much back then too.
2. Not biting at Jamestown, no wonder with the hundreds of pairs legs walking over them the last couple days not to mention the probably 1000 or so holes drilled there I'm sure they moved to parts unknown.But I'm not worried, if you find them I am sure you'll let everybody know
It doesn't take a genius to figure out, you post like you guys do and thats what you are going to get.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3427
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/22 18:38:13 (permalink)
This issue is as old as the internet itsef. I tried to tell you guys, but no one(NWjig, Mote, Slayer) listened. Its the whole Shenago thing all over again.

Why must guys feel the need to "share" on open forums? Not that reports arent well intended, but why so specific? Or why anything at all?

Once again. get an email or a cell number, or even use this thing on here call a private message?

Oh well, such is life and fishing. Look at what they both have become with this wonderful thing called the internet.

Just my 2cents.
post edited by pensfan1 - 2010/02/23 22:32:08
Simple fisherman
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/22 19:10:42 (permalink)
I dare say that fishing off of tuttle in 19 FOW or any of the common spots has been happening since tip ups. Just my opinion.
walleyenut!
New Angler
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/22 20:44:20 (permalink)
The heck with the crappies, wheres the walleyes hang out guys. I dare anyone to pm me...

See you on the lake
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/23 07:43:28 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Simple fisherman

I dare say that fishing off of tuttle in 19 FOW or any of the common spots has been happening since tip ups. Just my opinion.

THIS!

I really don't know for sure, but I can't imagine that you guys had this spot to yourselves then bam! all of a sudden everyone else just found out about it all because of the internet. As stated before, seems to me that any fool could drive around the lake and see where the shantys are at and figure that there must be fish there. Maybe they go out and do well and end up calling their friends on the phone, and next thing they are out there as well. Maybe you guys went out and caught fish, went and told a few tales at the bar (or other social gathering place) about your fishing excursions, and someone over hears you and decides to tell a few of their friends. Word of mouth is just as powerful as the internet. Better shut up the bait shops that give fishing reports that are area specific as well. And those newspapers that give reports too. Thought that these forums were here to help. Also, it's amazing how many people that come out on a beautiful sunny saturday that don't fish on a rainy monday night.

By the way, fished last night, left with a few keepers, generally speaking.
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8510
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/23 08:05:14 (permalink)
Could it be because these beauties were there.

woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8510
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/23 08:08:18 (permalink)

CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/23 08:10:26 (permalink)
Bogeyjoker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1704
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/23 08:11:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: CRAPPIE_SLAYER

By the way, fished last night, left with a few keepers, generally speaking.

Hehehehehe....good one!
whoay
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 15
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/23 10:53:28 (permalink)
thats about what it looked liked ?
nw/jigmaster
Expert Angler
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/23 15:41:53 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mikastorm

WOW WHERE WAS I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW I MISSED THEM D-M FLASHERS..
MICK FISH
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 219
RE: Pymatuming lake / Crawford County 2010/02/23 17:04:55 (permalink)
"Fished Jamestown Marina on a hunch 3 weeks ago tomorrow (a beautiful Sunday)...our 2 shanties and 2 others were all that were there.  Last weekend it was triple that and today it was "tent town usa" with the stars and stripes a flyin!  I love some of the help and insight that these websites provide, but all I can say is WOW!!!  If you brag about it, they will come!!!

Above was my point and I stand by it 100%!  I agree about the friends talking, and the bars, and the newspapers, and the girl at the Asian rub n tug...but why fuel the fire?  I love people just as much as the next guy, but I don't need to fish right on top of them!  I would not go set up right next to a stranger any more than I would walk into a restaraunt and sit the family down at the same table as someone else.  As I said before, I like gaining knowledge at the bar, from the newspaper and on the internet the same as anyone else.  I started on this end of the lake that day because of reports on this site that the action had slowed on the northern end of the lake and seems like the southern end of the lake is heating up.  I do not need an invitation like "come one, come all...it is only a 100 yard incredibly easy drag straight off the parking lot to this under fished honey hole!!! ...fish are hitting hard at 24 and a half foot...glo green is the color to use...stop by and say hi and I will load you up with some fish because I have bags of it falling out of the freezer!" 

Of course I am exagerating (a little bit) but fish will generally only hold in an area for 2-3 weeks at a time...if you find one of these areas maybe it should be considered a privledge to find out about it and not as easy as jumping on the web to plan your trip to an exact spot.  I never read a newspaper article quite like that.

Good fishing to all!
post edited by MICK FISH - 2010/02/23 22:48:01
MICK FISH
Avid Angler
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/23 17:05:49 (permalink)
By the way...I LOVE this pic!!!

ORIGINAL: nw/jigmaster

ORIGINAL: Mikastorm

WOW WHERE WAS I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW I MISSED THEM D-M FLASHERS..
nw/jigmaster
Expert Angler
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/23 19:32:18 (permalink)
fished this lake today.. ice almost all smooth, little bits of snow,kept 10 crappies.. threw back 12 perch can't tell ya where , or how , if i did ppl might think i was settin the hook for ya also..
MICK FISH
Avid Angler
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/23 21:35:06 (permalink)
"fished this lake today.. ice almost all smooth, little bits of snow,kept 10 crappies.. threw back 12 perch can't tell ya where , or how , if i did ppl might think i was settin the hook for ya also.."

LOL...pretty funny dude.

...I'm just sayin u been on this site for 51 days, and 77 posts later you have gave us quite a bit of info.  You seem to be out a lot, drive to a lot of different spots and let us know what is up...good info!  I just hope we don't stumble on too many hot spots together cause you (and others) seem to get lonely  

I was fortunate enough to get on Latonka late today for a bit.  Caught fish like seems you can always do there, but nothing spectacular.  4 hours fishing...3 of us fished. I caught 5 crappies, approx 40 perch (maybe a dozen keeper size and a bunch of hungry dinks), 2 real nice bass, 2 big gills.  No one got a walleye or many craps.  Fished anwhere from 16 to 22 foot and tried to keep jig high to keep the perch off.  I think 22 fow is about as deep as you can find right now.  Kept 2 craps, 2 perch, and the 2 gills.  Gave em to a buddy who is going to do a potato base fish cake recipe that I just got off crappie.com a couple weeks ago.  Anyone can pm me for it if they would like it.

Take care and Good Fishing!
post edited by MICK FISH - 2010/02/23 22:24:22
walleyenut!
New Angler
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/23 22:23:22 (permalink)
Glad to hear the heavy snow is off the lake, now I can get to my favorite spots. 

See you on the lake
Bull Lifter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 407
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/24 21:37:33 (permalink)
well today i was off manning in about 15 ft of water caught, 23 perch that i kept ranging from 9 to 12 inches and a few that i threw back..all on tip ups and jigging a sweedish pimple tipped with a minnie..also caught a few nice sized crappie mixed in the pile
walleyenut!
New Angler
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/24 22:01:04 (permalink)
How much snow are you guys gonna get up there out of the storm coming? 

See you on the lake
mote1977
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 216
RE: Pymatuning lake report / Crawford County 2010/02/24 22:35:50 (permalink)
6-10" by friday night north of I-80 from what I saw.
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Jump to: