jersey coast seabass

Author
backin79
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1582
  • Reward points: 0
2007/09/05 17:51:50 (permalink)

jersey coast seabass

Greetings all! I know it has been awhile but I'm gearing up once again for salmon trip and was wondering about a new spinning rod  for salmon and even more for some serious seabass/porgies off party boats along the jersey shore. Been shopping online but didn't ask anyone yet in a real tackleshop so i figured i'd try asking here about some MH to H spinning rods preferrable for both salmon river salmon and sea bass and porgies. leaning so far with st.croix 7 ft 9in premium saltwater rod forget the model number but they do have the tide master series too . I want some backbone say 15 to 20lb.line wt.  or 3/4 -2 oz lures. I own both 4/0 stradic and sustain shimanos.

2 Replies Related Threads

REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: jersey coast seabass 2007/09/05 20:18:30 (permalink)
    Can't go wrong with a good ole "Ugly Stick" - will save ya some money for more tackle .....
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: jersey coast seabass 2007/10/03 22:24:44 (permalink)
    reel force, I like the newest line of ugly stick composite  tiger rods  for saltwater cause they are beefy for headboats and will surely outlast many more fragile higher quality composition blanks, however when it comes to sensativity, I doubt any ugly stick can test the challenge against the more expensive name brands. I own and owed enough of the old (too soft and flicky) ugly sticks.  May consider a lami or st croix or even the new berkley tactix , you are right for the money and durability it is hard to beat an ugly stick especially the latest new design composite tiger series. Those orange yellow rods have huge eva handles and quality guides good for a beach jetty or headboat stick for sure. I'm looking for alittle more high tech finess. thanks again all the same
    Jump to: