Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
swinger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1376
  • Reward points: 0
2009/10/21 21:12:38 (permalink)

You guys............

....................  sure dont post to much here. Wash the egg juice off your fingers before typing and tell me how great pinning is!

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!

84 Replies Related Threads

dru2112
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2265
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/21 22:34:43 (permalink)
    swing....it's getting played man.  too much too fast

Loomis
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2674
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/22 11:28:20 (permalink)

Stick to this, Clev it's alot better look for you.
    jimhalupka
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1058
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/22 12:39:24 (permalink)
    Wow...

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
    avidangler
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 835
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/22 16:47:32 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Loomis

Stick to this, Clev it's alot better look for you.

Little Mah?

Born to fish, Forced to work...

"Balls deep, or why even bother"
    SteelieWheelie
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 991
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/22 20:12:55 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: swinger

....................  sure dont post to much here. Wash the egg juice off your fingers before typing and tell me how great pinning is!

well i tied my sacs a few days ago..so my keyboard shouldnt be too dirty...u mind telling us how great fly fishing is?  especially when the water is super high or super low?

Early to bed
    Early to rise
    Fish like hell
    And make up lies!
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/22 21:45:45 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SteelieWheelie

well i tied my sacs a few days ago..so my keyboard shouldnt be too dirty...u mind telling us how great fly fishing is?  especially when the water is super high or super low?

Oh now I understand why you guys dont post questions here. It is because questions get answered with questions. That will get you guys nowhere. So I will do something different and actually give an answer to your question. Fly fishing is indeed great. There is no better feeling when I get a player to strike my swung fly. I know that there is no chance of a snagged fish and I know that I didnt force feed the fish by repeating drift after drift banging him in the nose until he is lined. My fly is in the middle to upper portions of the water column.  I know for fact that the fish saw my presentation and it sparked an emotion to strike. Just to inform you I am not a PA E N so high water doesnt keep me home. Or running to smaller "criks" that clear faster. If you look at the given information on my favorite river to fish on any tackle shop site it says that it fishes best between 300 and 650 cfs. Just fishable at 800 cfs. Well I start swinging and picking up fish in the up wards of 1200 and 1300 cfs. Most of the stupid bait guys throwing them stanky eggs wont even fish it at that. So you are barking up the wrong tree on being a smart azz about high water. Now on the other end of the spectrum the low flows. Well I got to give it to you on that one a little bit. It is not because I cant pull fish when the water is low it is because it is boring to me. Swings are very slow and the runs are much shorter. I can not cover a lot of water in a short period of time like I can in higher water.  That same river I love at 1200, I pull fish when it is at 50 cfs just in a different way. I will get a single hand rod out and indicator fish most of the time. Not really what I am into anymore so I just choose to spend time with the family or pump out some flies. Hope that answered your question. You did a great job on answering mine by the way.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    dru2112
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2265
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/22 22:37:54 (permalink)
    avid,

that fish was caught in the club waters near brush valley
    LoganWade03
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 831
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 00:20:06 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SteelieWheelie

Oh now I understand why you guys dont post questions here. It is because questions get answered with questions. That will get you guys nowhere. So I will do something different and actually give an answer to your question. Fly fishing is indeed great. There is no better feeling when I get a player to strike my swung fly. I know that there is no chance of a snagged fish and I know that I didnt force feed the fish by repeating drift after drift banging him in the nose until he is lined. My fly is in the middle to upper portions of the water column.  I know for fact that the fish saw my presentation and it sparked an emotion to strike. Just to inform you I am not a PA E N so high water doesnt keep me home. Or running to smaller "criks" that clear faster. If you look at the given information on my favorite river to fish on any tackle shop site it says that it fishes best between 300 and 650 cfs. Just fishable at 800 cfs. Well I start swinging and picking up fish in the up wards of 1200 and 1300 cfs. Most of the stupid bait guys throwing them stanky eggs wont even fish it at that. So you are barking up the wrong tree on being a smart azz about high water. Now on the other end of the spectrum the low flows. Well I got to give it to you on that one a little bit. It is not because I cant pull fish when the water is low it is because it is boring to me. Swings are very slow and the runs are much shorter. I can not cover a lot of water in a short period of time like I can in higher water.  That same river I love at 1200, I pull fish when it is at 50 cfs just in a different way. I will get a single hand rod out and indicator fish most of the time. Not really what I am into anymore so I just choose to spend time with the family or pump out some flies. Hope that answered your question. You did a great job on answering mine by the way.

....must be pro

The moment of truth. Where all other things unconsciously melt away from our minds the instant a fish takes our fly. We stand there on the water with wide eyes, caught in a battle stance with an idea of confidence and hope
    mxdad66
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 751
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 17:10:05 (permalink)
    Legend in his own mind.
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 18:47:25 (permalink)
    Logan and mx,

Great job on telling me how great pinning is, thanks.

Is there anyone out there that will tell me how great pinning is? Can anyone just answer my queston?

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    Carphead
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 284
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 19:22:13 (permalink)
    Its not great......in fact it is boring.

For someone with a family with young kids, and such a passion for tying flys, you sure do waste a lot of time on these boards.........especially on the ones you clearly dislike.

".......because flyfishermen are the highest ranking authority on the creeks."----Swinger 9/15/2009
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 19:45:46 (permalink)

Maybe I confused you in my request. I will type it again, maybe you'll understand this time.

Tell me how great pinning is. I dont really know how much simpler I can phrase it. My sentence only contains 6 words. 4 of them have 4 letters or less, 1 has 5 letters and the longest has 7 and that word is   p i n n i n g.  Little help here please.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    mxdad66
    Expert Angler
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 19:54:33 (permalink)
    My biggest decision in the morning will be,Which way do I want to fish today,fly or the pin? Hit a few with the swing of the fly in the a.m. and then pummel them with the pin in the afternoon!Is that good enough for ya swanker.
    noodle one
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 53
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 19:59:36 (permalink)
    SWINGER, Why are you putting down pinners? I don't hear any pinners putting down fly fishing. If you look at pin fishing it is the same as fly fishing with a nymph under a bobber, other than you swing across the flow, where a pinner lets his float go with the flow. Oh I am sorry (bobber) strike indicator sounds better, I think. I center pin because it is what I do and I enjoy doing it, the same as you must enjoy what you do or you wouldn't do it. I also center pin because I will out fish you and your fly rod any day of the week, the only time you will out fish me is when the fish are feeding on top and taking dry flys. When I hook up on a fish it me again the fish , no drag,only me and the fish on a line with only my hands and rod to control the fish, unlike you with a drag. I have nothing again people who fly fish. I am 66 years old and I enjoy catching fish. I never take any fish, all are C AND L. That is why I center pin,to catch a lot of fish and center pinning is the way to do it.
    papinner
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1083
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 20:36:59 (permalink)

I will get a single hand rod out and indicator fish most of the time.

Allright mister elitest fly guy i'll bite seeing as though you just seem to be a troll on these boards. I bet your the chartist also. Anyways how great is pinning its SO GREAT that I would never want to fish with an AHOLE like you. Pinning is so great that I cant get enough and I would fish with my pin anywhere I can and oh by the way your ohio river you fish is fished by far more pinners then water slappers like yourself and if you stop to think for a minute I quoted you because your just like us when the water is low you use an indicator I thought the elite dont need those maybe you should switch to dry flies when the water is low or maybe better yet STAY HOME like you have all season because your river is running low. NOW STAY OUTA HERE!!!
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 20:38:01 (permalink)
    Good job mx you answered my question. Pinning is great because you can pummel fish.

Noodle one says pinning is great because you will "out fish me and my fly rod any day of the week. "I say OK. You can catch more fish than I. Doesnt bother me at all. I never thought fishing was a competition.  CP is better because "unlike you and your drag." I know you have at least used a spinning reel in your 66 years of life, so you know about the drag adjustment. It is possible to loosen the drag you know. If not having a drag on the reel is such a rush, why are they now coming with drags?When I am fighting a fish all I use is my palm as well so there is really no difference there.  In conclusion you said you cp to "catch a lot of fish." OK if thats what you nead. Thanks for your time.

Looking for more please.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    papinner
    Pro Angler
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 20:42:27 (permalink)
    Why are you looking for more do you want to start pinning also or were you looking in your.... well I'd better not say
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 20:56:27 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: papinner

I will get a single hand rod out and indicator fish most of the time.

Allright mister elitest fly guy i'll bite seeing as though you just seem to be a troll on these boards. I bet your the chartist also. Anyways how great is pinning its SO GREAT that I would never want to fish with an AHOLE like you. Pinning is so great that I cant get enough and I would fish with my pin anywhere I can and oh by the way your ohio river you fish is fished by far more pinners then water slappers like yourself and if you stop to think for a minute I quoted you because your just like us when the water is low you use an indicator I thought the elite dont need those maybe you should switch to dry flies when the water is low or maybe better yet STAY HOME like you have all season because your river is running low. NOW STAY OUTA HERE!!!

You are way off base on the chartist thing by the way. But to get to a more serious matter. Pinning is great because " I would never want fish with an AHOLE like you" Thats fine by me guy, not on here looking for pinner friends. Just looking for reasons why pinning is great. "Pinning is so great I cant get enough and would fish with my pin anywhere I can." Thats the reason why pinning is so great? I dont think your answer, answers anything at all. It just kind of states you like pinning.  ????????     You kind of lost me after that. Without the use of periods or comas your words just run and run. I proof read it though. Looking for an explanation of why pinning is so great, but unfortunately but not surprisingly. I didnt find one.

Just looking for reasons why pinning is great.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    LoganWade03
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 831
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 20:58:45 (permalink)

Logan and mx,

Is there anyone out there that will tell me how great pinning is? Can anyone just answer my queston?

I'm not a pinner, I'm a fly fishermen...to be truthful I'm over the constant bashing and arrogance of your posts thats the only reason I posted.  So to answer your question I do not know how great pinning is because I have never done it.  You and a few others on this board are clearly way above everyone in your own little elite world.

The moment of truth. Where all other things unconsciously melt away from our minds the instant a fish takes our fly. We stand there on the water with wide eyes, caught in a battle stance with an idea of confidence and hope
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 20:59:03 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: papinner

Why are you looking for more do you want to start pinning also or were you looking in your.... well I'd better not say

I can not understand you when you don't use  . or ,

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 21:03:18 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: LoganWade03

Logan and mx,

I'm not a pinner, I'm a fly fishermen...to be truthful I'm over the constant bashing and arrogance of your posts thats the only reason I posted.  So to answer your question I do not know how great pinning is because I have never done it.  You and a few others on this board are clearly way above everyone in your own little elite world.

Dont change the subject here. I am trying to find out why pinning is so great. Lets keep this on track here guys.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    avidangler
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 835
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 21:13:58 (permalink)
    I think pinning is great because it allows me to catch numbers of steelhead. I also enjoy it alot. I spend somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 to 400 hrs a year chasing musky catching a fish somewhere around every 15 to 25 hours fished, so when i head out to lake erie or lake ontario i'm looking to catch fish,plain and simple, pinning has been the most successful tactic for me. Before i started i leaned more towards fly fishing for them than noodle rods, as well as fly fishing for trout. I've lost alot of my passion for flyfishing over the past 5 or more years. Pinning is not just a steelhead thing for me either, basically i've caught cats,carp,bass,walleye,sauger,sheephead,crappie and bluegills and of course lots of trout, fishing the pin. It can be used very successfully in certain situations for stream and river fishing, its not my go to choice of tackle for these fish but all can be caught with them.

Born to fish, Forced to work...

"Balls deep, or why even bother"
    papinner
    Pro Angler
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 21:17:22 (permalink)
    Oh so sorry didn't realize you were the grammar police. Maybe just to make your evening I'll make a list for you about why pinning is so great.

1. I'm not a water slapper
    2. I'm not wearing whorvis
    3. My screen name isn't swinger
    4. Drag free drift
    5. Don't have to sit at home and tie flies to decorate the fish I snag when swining flies
    6. Love to spin the pin
    7. Relaxing
    8. **** guys like you off
    9. Wait you know what I'm done with you
    Carphead
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 284
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 21:18:32 (permalink)
    Why is anybody wasting their time with this stupid Sh*t?

Swinger, I'm guessing you put that baby of yours to bed. You seem to have even more time to waste.

post edited by Carphead - 2009/10/23 21:19:02

".......because flyfishermen are the highest ranking authority on the creeks."----Swinger 9/15/2009
    mxdad66
    Expert Angler
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 22:51:07 (permalink)
    I totaly agree with avid,with one thing to add,fishing with the pin has made me a better fisherman,no matter what rod I have in my hand.I love to fish and like the fact that i am diversifiied enough to try new ways and feel confident enough to be one of the guys that people come up to and ask questions or help someone catch their first fish.My self and pinner both helped people out in the last couple of weeks to put fish on the end of kids line(their first steelhead),when was the last time you paraded down the stream with your golden flyrod and helped someone out,took the time to rig their rod up for them,gave them tackle or put your rod in their hand,Swinger?
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 22:55:19 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: avidangler

I think pinning is great because it allows me to catch numbers of steelhead. I also enjoy it alot. I spend somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 to 400 hrs a year chasing musky catching a fish somewhere around every 15 to 25 hours fished, so when i head out to lake erie or lake ontario i'm looking to catch fish,plain and simple, pinning has been the most successful tactic for me. Before i started i leaned more towards fly fishing for them than noodle rods, as well as fly fishing for trout. I've lost alot of my passion for flyfishing over the past 5 or more years. Pinning is not just a steelhead thing for me either, basically i've caught cats,carp,bass,walleye,sauger,sheephead,crappie and bluegills and of course lots of trout, fishing the pin. It can be used very successfully in certain situations for stream and river fishing, its not my go to choice of tackle for these fish but all can be caught with them.

I can relate because I love to musky fish. I dont troll all I do is cast. Trolling would for sure put more fish in the boat, but I just dont get the same rush. I love watching them fish hot on my bucktail as well as the low and slow follow. I watched my 51" follow and eat my buchertail feet away from the boat. Awsome plain and simple.

Thank you for taking the time and answering my question with the thought it deserves. I respect you.  You are a quality person. I hope you enjoy your season. By the way you know anything about that Revo Winch?

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 22:58:32 (permalink)
    FOR ME....(and I'm fairly new to the centerpin) I have found that pinning is the ultimate in drifting presentation from the middle to the bottom of the water column typically with eggs.  I have pretty much tried it all, and there is no better way for me to present an offering in flowing water. However, none of it comes over night...I know some who think just because they go out and buy a centerpin outfit, they can easily begin slamming fish. On the contrary! The outfit is just a mere tool...The operator must know how to use his tool properly(no pun intended ) in order to complete the method effectively. Everything from rigging, gear set-up, positioning and selecting the right conditions to fish are important; but also more importantly is learning the right match-up to the specific conditons of the stream. What worked yesterday may not necessarily work today; what worked on stream A may not work the same on stream B. There is no better way to learn all this than personal experimentation or, if you're fortunate enough, to fish with and observe an experienced pinner. Like true fly fishing, centerpinning is an art IMO. Finally, when you get the method down to the point of consistantly catching fish; you can then thoroughly enjoy and begin to appreciate the RUSH of the fight on a pin!

Like AvidA, I've spent most hours of my life fishing for muskies and most of those hours are certainly spent NOT catching fish....When I go steelheading, I go to catch fish and the more the merrier. I can never get enough and I can't think of a more effective way to catch oodles of steelhead than with a float rod set up (11'6" to 13')...whether its a spinning reel or pin doesn't matter.  Also will probably put more fish on the bank (if thats what you're looking to do) for you over the long haul. My
    post edited by ShutUpNFish - 2009/10/23 23:02:32
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 23:21:27 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: mxdad66

My self and pinner both helped people out in the last couple of weeks to put fish on the end of kids line(their first steelhead),when was the last time you paraded down the stream with your golden flyrod and helped someone out,took the time to rig their rod up for them,gave them tackle or put your rod in their hand,Swinger?

I am not putting anybody on the stand here. So why do some have to talk themseves up as outstanding members of the community? I believe that I am being mistreated by some of you. Lets keep it on the original subjet please.  Boy you pinners are easily distracted. Does your mind wonder this much when you are watching that bobber? Just a question.

By the way. Dont hurt yourselves patting eachother on the back about helping out the new kid.  Mind you you are fishing in PA, so there really isnt that much of a challenge. A million fish stocked in those ditches. C'mon, lets be serious here. What did you do? Give him some floro. Change the depth of his bobber? Give him some fresh eggs? Switch up his shot pattern? It really doesnt matter what you did, it was nice of you. Just acting like a human, kind of rewarding huh?

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 23:25:51 (permalink)
    Man Shut, I was wondering when you were going to chime in with a well thought out response. But it does look familiar, kind of like I read it somewhere before. But I could be wrong.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to: