LockedYou guys............

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
  • Reward points: 0
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 23:27:55 (permalink)
Not wrong at all...lol...just found it fitting.
post edited by ShutUpNFish - 2009/10/23 23:28:15
swinger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1376
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/23 23:28:51 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: papinner

Oh so sorry didn't realize you were the grammar police.

I am not the grammer police. I just cant understand your words.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
Loomis
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2674
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/24 07:58:46 (permalink)
I really honestly think he just wants to know what it is that gives you the passion to pin...in an honest answer.

You guys are freaking out about it, if u just fight fire with fire you might get somewhere.....Just a thought...
pxatim
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4786
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/24 09:54:14 (permalink)
Thanks for the early AM entertainment.
avidangler
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 835
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/24 10:23:28 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: swinger

ORIGINAL: avidangler

I think pinning is great because it allows me to catch numbers of steelhead. I also enjoy it alot. I spend somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 to 400 hrs a year chasing musky catching a fish somewhere around every 15 to 25 hours fished, so when i head out to lake erie or lake ontario i'm looking to catch fish,plain and simple, pinning has been the most successful tactic for me. Before i started i leaned more towards fly fishing for them than noodle rods, as well as fly fishing for trout. I've lost alot of my passion for flyfishing over the past 5 or more years. Pinning is not just a steelhead thing for me either, basically i've caught cats,carp,bass,walleye,sauger,sheephead,crappie and bluegills and of course lots of trout, fishing the pin. It can be used very successfully in certain situations for stream and river fishing, its not my go to choice of tackle for these fish but all can be caught with them.

I can relate because I love to musky fish. I dont troll all I do is cast. Trolling would for sure put more fish in the boat, but I just dont get the same rush. I love watching them fish hot on my bucktail as well as the low and slow follow. I watched my 51" follow and eat my buchertail feet away from the boat. Awsome plain and simple.

Thank you for taking the time and answering my question with the thought it deserves. I respect you.  You are a quality person. I hope you enjoy your season. By the way you know anything about that Revo Winch?

All i'm hearing about the Revo is good good good things. The 4.6:1 is supposed to be the real deal for pulling cowgirls and other double blades. I had a diawa saltist 40H for awhile, it was way to heavy to hold for any amount of time, but would pull and burn the blades with super ease. I'm looking into some other reels at the moment for the big blades, they have definitely been a big part of my arsenal the past 2 seasons.

Born to fish, Forced to work...

"Balls deep, or why even bother"
Carphead
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 284
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/24 16:29:13 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Loomis

I really honestly think he just wants to know what it is that gives you the passion to pin...in an honest answer.

No he doesn't. He has made it clear long ago that he loathes centerpins and those who fish with them.

If this came from anybody else honest and pleseant answers would have been given.

Why frequent threads/forums you dislike or have no iterest in?
There are funny people all through this site......and then there are **** bags that try to be funny and witty.

Swinger, we get it that swinging flys is the greatest thing since f'in sliced bread and that you are the best at it, but how about you go beat your bible to somebody else. Its getting lame dude.

".......because flyfishermen are the highest ranking authority on the creeks."----Swinger 9/15/2009
swinger
Pro Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/24 19:51:20 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Carphead

ORIGINAL: Loomis

No he doesn't. He has made it clear long ago that he loathes centerpins and those who fish with them.

If this came from anybody else honest and pleseant answers would have been given.

Why frequent threads/forums you dislike or have no iterest in?
There are funny people all through this site......and then there are **** bags that try to be funny and witty.

Swinger, we get it that swinging flys is the greatest thing since f'in sliced bread and that you are the best at it, but how about you go beat your bible to somebody else. Its getting lame dude.

C'mon carp what you say is all fine because it is your opinion and you have a right to have one. Please share with me why pinning is so great. I think it is a fair question. Your negativity is bringing down this thread.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
pxatim
Pro Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/24 20:48:44 (permalink)
The general idea I'm getting is that "It outfishes all other methods"...

My question is(since I've never even laid hands on a pin), why is catch rate so important... is the rush from triggering strikes of aggresion rather than enticing a fish to strike out of really wanting to? Or does it really not matter to you pinners since it's all about numbers?
Mr Twister
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 169
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/24 22:09:50 (permalink)
Guys come on. Erie steelhead is a competion everytime you go fishin. You always want to catch more than the guy next to you. The pin is more effective. i have only just recently started pinning. I have learned alot more with a pin in my handthan any other fishing rod or reel. I dont care what you do swing flies,pin or spin fish. if you are enjoying wat you are doin that is all that matters. period not fly's vs. the pin. just enjoy wat you do.
pxatim
Pro Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/24 23:01:00 (permalink)
fishing is never a competition for me
swinger
Pro Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/24 23:32:53 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Mr. Twister

Guys come on. Erie steelhead is a competion everytime you go fishin. You always want to catch more than the guy next to you. The pin is more effective. i have only just recently started pinning. I have learned alot more with a pin in my handthan any other fishing rod or reel. I dont care what you do swing flies,pin or spin fish. if you are enjoying wat you are doin that is all that matters. period not fly's vs. the pin. just enjoy wat you do.

Your answer  to why pinning is great. Is more effective. Thank you.

My question to you is how did you learn more with a pin in your hand? Does the long rod and big reel just ooze information? Does a steelhead how to card come in the same package as the pink line? Do steelhead hold in different areas for pinners? Did it take a pin for you to understand that steelhead love eggs? I would really like an answer on this because I do not understand how a pin teaches you about steelhead. Thank you.

Nobody is turning this into a fly vs pin thread. This is all about pinning!!! Thats why it is on the pinning forum.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
dru2112
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2265
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 00:20:48 (permalink)
wooooo kareeeesss
Carphead
Expert Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 01:12:47 (permalink)
Lets clear a few things up here.

People who make comments about numbers and outfishing other people with their chosen methods, are being foolish. That shouldn't be what its all about. I never once mentioned numbers of caught fish as my reason for fishing with a centerpin.

Can anybody really brag about catching a bunch of steelhead when there is so many stacked into tiny creeks? IMO that doesn't mesure an anglers skill, not that it matters anyway. That is also why I don't post on here much. The majority of guys look at pinning as just a way to catch those glorified pelletheads with bait. They don't bother to learn how to use it correctly, or other ways to fish with it other than slapping any old float on the line and making a half-assed cast.

Seeing that I rarely(if ever) bother fishing for steel with a pin, I don't have to worry about being crowded or drifting over someone and vice versa. The waters that I fish recieve very minimal pressure and are large enough you can almost always avoid people, so who is there to compete with? Nobody is there to oooh and aah about how good you are or how many fish you're catching. Besides, who ooohs and aaahs over a guy catching carp, catfish, smallmouth, and other river fish?

I wasn't going to comment about this, but here goes:
Centerpinning is so great because its one of the many ways I enjoy fishing. Nothing to do with numbers, quote "effectiveness", quote "drag free drift", or anything to that nature. More to do with the mechanics than anything else. To me its fun. I don't bother with bait such as eggs like everyone is obsessed with mentioning. Jigs, flys, and others are just as good if not better and are easier to take with you. A lot more goes into it than that, but I'm done.

Swing to your hearts content swinger. And when I feel like its how I want to fish, I will pin to my hearts content.

".......because flyfishermen are the highest ranking authority on the creeks."----Swinger 9/15/2009
swinger
Pro Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 06:43:49 (permalink)

Lets clear a few things up here.

People who make comments about numbers and outfishing other people with their chosen methods, are being foolish. That shouldn't be what its all about. I never once mentioned numbers of caught fish as my reason for fishing with a centerpin.

Can anybody really brag about catching a bunch of steelhead when there is so many stacked into tiny creeks? IMO that doesn't mesure an anglers skill, not that it matters anyway. That is also why I don't post on here much. The majority of guys look at pinning as just a way to catch those glorified pelletheads with bait. They don't bother to learn how to use it correctly, or other ways to fish with it other than slapping any old float on the line and making a half-assed cast.

Seeing that I rarely(if ever) bother fishing for steel with a pin, I don't have to worry about being crowded or drifting over someone and vice versa. The waters that I fish recieve very minimal pressure and are large enough you can almost always avoid people, so who is there to compete with? Nobody is there to oooh and aah about how good you are or how many fish you're catching. Besides, who ooohs and aaahs over a guy catching carp, catfish, smallmouth, and other river fish?

I wasn't going to comment about this, but here goes:
Centerpinning is so great because its one of the many ways I enjoy fishing. Nothing to do with numbers, quote "effectiveness", quote "drag free drift", or anything to that nature. More to do with the mechanics than anything else. To me its fun. I don't bother with bait such as eggs like everyone is obsessed with mentioning. Jigs, flys, and others are just as good if not better and are easier to take with you. A lot more goes into it than that, but I'm done.

Swing to your hearts content swinger. And when I feel like its how I want to fish, I will pin to my hearts content.

Was that really so hard? Thank you for finally giving a well thought out response. If you would have just done that in the beginning your blood pressure never would have got so high.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
jimhalupka
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1058
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 11:17:16 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: pxatim

My question is(since I've never even laid hands on a pin), why is catch rate so important... is the rush from triggering strikes of aggresion rather than enticing a fish to strike out of really wanting to? Or does it really not matter to you pinners since it's all about numbers?

lol just knew you would be jumping on the bandwagon and chiming in tim.  You're worse than ffpa. It's been said a hundred times before that most of us don't pin for numbers. 

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
swinger
Pro Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 13:18:32 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: jimhalupka

My question is(since I've never even laid hands on a pin), why is catch rate so important... is the rush from triggering strikes of aggresion rather than enticing a fish to strike out of really wanting to? Or does it really not matter to you pinners since it's all about numbers? All but one who has replied have stated is about numbers.

lol just knew you would be jumping on the bandwagon and chiming in tim.  You're worse than ffpa. It's been said a hundred times before that most of us don't pin for numbers. 

Ok, if it is not about the numbers. What is it about? Thats the reason behind my question. What is so great about pinning?

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
pxatim
Pro Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 15:36:32 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jimhalupka

not in this thread it hasn't... any honest reason stated in this thread for using a pin has been simple...NUMBERS...and I'm not jumping on any bandwagon. I don't pin and don't come in here much so it was just a question.
Carphead
Expert Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 18:26:13 (permalink)

not in this thread it hasn't... any honest reason stated in this thread for using a pin has been simple...NUMBERS...and I'm not jumping on any bandwagon. I don't pin and don't come in here much so it was just a question.

So basically anybody who claims they don't centerpin for the numbers is a liar?

avidangler
Expert Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 18:28:47 (permalink)
got this one my pin today
post edited by avidangler - 2009/10/25 18:38:26

pxatim
Pro Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 19:16:25 (permalink)

So basically anybody who claims they don't centerpin for the numbers is a liar?

once again... I said "IN THIS THREAD"
pxatim
Pro Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 19:22:42 (permalink)
why are most of you so quick to bash any one questioning pinning... no one has given any other reason for pinning other than "it out fishes any other method"

so let me reword it this way...why does pinning out fish other methods out there and does it do it consistently?
avidangler
Expert Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 19:38:53 (permalink)
I dont get into bashing anyone for their choice of fishing style anymore,to each his own and all styles are respected in my eyes, its also opinion based and everybody has their rite to their opinion, this is america. To answer pxatim's question, i think it outfishes other styles (often but not all the time) because of the drag free presentation you get, when temps are low most fish aren't going to move very far for an offering so pinning you to basically hit them in the nose with your presentation and its drifting the same speed as the current and with the float it allows you to detect light strikes. I fish because i love the sport and have an addiction, it costs me a ton of money every year and probably a few friends along the way. I never see any of the money back and haven't found a hott hand on any fish groupies along the way. Just my 2 cents...

swinger
Pro Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 20:22:03 (permalink)
Nice photo avid. Looks like you got room for another guy on that boat.

I swear carp you have an attention problem. Just read the words that are on the screen and stop looking into stuff. You got a guilty conscience guy. See a priest or something.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
Carphead
Expert Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 20:27:58 (permalink)

why are most of you so quick to bash any one questioning pinning... no one has given any other reason for pinning other than "it out fishes any other method"

so let me reword it this way...why does pinning out fish other methods out there and does it do it consistently?

My post(#43), never mentions anything about outfishing anybody or any method.

People are quick to bash someone questioning pinning when that someone likes to stir the pot and has absolutely no iterest in the method. I would gladly explain pinning and how it works till I was blue in the face if I knew that person had even slightest itch to learn.

Once again, any method outfishing another, has more to do will skill/knowledge of the angler, than the reel or rod used.

swinger
Pro Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 20:31:15 (permalink)
What can possibly be so hard about it? You are using a bobber.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
Carphead
Expert Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 20:35:28 (permalink)

Nice photo avid. Looks like you got room for another guy on that boat.

I swear carp you have an attention problem. Just read the words that are on the screen and stop looking into stuff. You got a guilty conscience guy. See a priest or something.

Yeah dude, you got it all figured out.

Why waste your time worrying about me? Maybe you should heed your own words.

Carphead
Expert Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 20:37:41 (permalink)

What can possibly be so hard about it? You are using a bobber.

Did you not say you fish with a bobber....or should I refer to it as a "strike indicator"? Whats so hard about that?

swinger
Pro Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 20:43:19 (permalink)
Maybe I want to start pinning. Maybe I just want a reel that I can spank and my egg sac comes in. That looks so cool by the way. What is so great about it is right before the person hits the reel, they put their cool face on and look around to see if there is an audience. If there is an audience we may get a neck crack or a groin grab. No audience around just cool face. I am practicing my cool face. When I get it down should I get a Sheffield or jump right into a King?

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
Carphead
Expert Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 20:48:51 (permalink)
You didn't answer the question.

Did you not say you fish with a bobber....or should I refer to it as a "strike indicator"? Whats so hard about that?

The last post was lame even by your standards.

swinger
Pro Angler
RE: You guys............ 2009/10/25 20:52:12 (permalink)

You didn't answer the question.

The last post was lame even by your standards.

Nothing is hard about that.

Cool face is awsome.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: