Champlain Canal. lock 1-2

Author
HookLineSinker
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 322
  • Reward points: 0
2007/09/02 13:52:34 (permalink)

Champlain Canal. lock 1-2

Took my family out on the Hudson today. Didn't expect to do much fishing. So we cruised from lock 1 to 2. Didn't really see to many spots that stuck out to me that would hold fish. I did cast towards a submerged rock pile and pulled in 2 dink lmb. Then casted around some weedbeds for 2 more lmb, a little bigger. And I got bit off by something very big. No idea what it was. After cursing the fish out for stealing my lure, my wife asked, "don't you have any other lures you can use?". duh. Good thing she doesn't like the water very much. I'll only have to deal with her out there once or twice a year.

I found out some good news today. My mother in law owns a house near Carthidge. It's on Pleasant Lake, which has been getting heavily stocked with walleye for over a decade now. She's got her own launch and dock. Not only that, it is in close proximity to some other nice lakes like Bonaparte and Delta. I'm going up there next weekend for 3 or 4 days. Hopefully more. I'll just send the wife and kid home with grandma.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: