Author
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
  • Reward points: 0
2009/09/29 15:58:13 (permalink)

THE LIST

Top ten posters, "naughty, and nice"

Who gets a stocking full of goodies, and who gets a lump of coal?

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL

49 Replies Related Threads

D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6701
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/29 16:03:30 (permalink)
    Is this like some kind of BCS ranking system like college football?

pxatim
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4786
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/29 16:06:02 (permalink)
    if so it's rigged...
    dietz31684
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 462
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/29 16:06:24 (permalink)
    Gets a lump of gold.

spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/29 16:09:18 (permalink)
    Sort of.

Has respondent,
    Caught a fish using info you posted?
    "wasted" a trip,cause the fish weren't where you said?
    Had his feelings hurt by your remarks?
    Had his ego stroked, as you drool over his expertise?
    Sat a home cause you didn't tell him the fish were here?

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    rapman
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 72
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 00:03:01 (permalink)
    i can do the nice list, but i think i could not stop at the number indicated.  there have been so many who have listened to my garbage and responded with kindness, who have answered my oft-asked questions and showed patience in their replies, who have invited me without condition to fish or eat and drink.  too many good guys, for sure.

i go through periods these days where i don't post, nothing really to say or worth saying, but i seem to come here daily, have for years.  miss some of the old timers who have faded away and have seen many new kids on the block come riding in high on their horse only to be knocked off, and then become an accepted part of us.

indy, bug, mika, spoon, skip, doubletaper, giz, are those who have boosted me up when i was sinking.  but there are so many others who have befriended me along the way.

poor swinger...i took his head off a year or so ago, acted like a jerk, and he remained civil.  taught me a few things.

naw, i could not do ten...maybe a hundred.

the bad guys....hmmmm.....nope........

formerly rapala11
    flyfishermanPA
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1495
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 06:34:55 (permalink)
    I think the Erie Gang are good contributors..

(LuvGluv, Deetz, Slick, MikeG, texcobb, etc..)
    Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 06:54:23 (permalink)
    I'm not sure others would agree with my name in the mix. I sincerely expected to be on the other end of da list, been watching my mailbox for anthrax laced coal......but thanx.

I enjoy everybody's (almost) posts. Whether I agree, disagree, yell, spit, laugh, argue....

It's all good, it's all in fun....
    Now get in the pit and try ta love someone.

It's the different opinions  and strong personalities  that keep me comin' back. Because I happen to live here, I know how far the fish are...I know the conditions...and I know kinda how to catch em. I have gained some knowledge here, but I sincerely enjoy all the company here, whether I love ya or hate ya....I appreciate ya.
    post edited by Mr.Slickfish - 2009/09/30 07:33:53

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    Johnny_Johnson
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 08:09:01 (permalink)
    I gotta give props to DaFunk.  He's the man when it comes to Walnut, and his reports are spot on.

I also want to thank Stillhead.  I got to meet him on my first trip up this year and he was pretty cool.  He gave me some greatly appreciated tips even though I didn't have the skills to put them to use. 

Thanks to both of you, and I look forward to meeting the rest of you at the One Fly. 

BloodyHand
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2133
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 08:12:30 (permalink)
    OMG Slick, that was the most heart felt thing I've ever heard you say about anyone. You used the word LOVE like 6 times. No LuvGluv dont count. I'm seriously about to cry. In the 20 some years I've known you. I've NEVER heard you speak like this. I KNEW there was a soft side to you.............LOL
    But on a serious note. The info that I have used on this site has onl;y helped me with fishing. I've never been burned by bad info. I've learned a ton. Still have alot to apply yet, and things I wanna try yet. With all of this steel info. I think I mite have somethin for em this year!

STEELYS MANFISH
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 682
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 08:30:54 (permalink)
    BugHawk is really spot on when he posts. I dont know him but seems like real kindfolk. Was glad to see ya return after your brief hiatus. You always have something worth reading.

Crappiefisher has always been helpful as well. This guy really knows how to fish as well as the rest of his kin.

Hopefully this board will remain intact for many years to come and I will be able to contribute as well as these gents have. There are many others who deserve props but these 2 guys stand out for me.
    KJH807
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4863
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 08:32:39 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

Top ten posters, "naughty, and nice"

Who gets a stocking full of goodies, and who gets a lump of coal?

what are you? a pre-pubescent girl?

carcus1211
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 457
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 09:01:51 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: flyfishermanPA

I think the Erie Gang are good contributors..

(LuvGluv, Deetz, Slick, MikeG, texcobb, etc..)

well thank you for considering me in this list... and I love that everyone knows me by LuvGluv... LOL.. thanks KJH for the nickname...LMAO...

oh and tex is not part of the ErieGang.. he's a muper...lol..

LoveGlove United
    6point7
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 964
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 10:01:05 (permalink)
    I'm not sure others would agree with my name in the mix. I sincerely expected to be on the other end of da list, been watching my mailbox for anthrax laced coal......but thanx.

Yeah really... How TF did that happen?

DaFuNK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1992
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 10:11:02 (permalink)
    ERIEZ ANGLIN BOYZ
    carcus1211
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 457
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 11:29:24 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: BloodyHand

OMG Slick, that was the most heart felt thing I've ever heard you say about anyone. You used the word LOVE like 6 times. No LuvGluv dont count. I'm seriously about to cry. In the 20 some years I've known you. I've NEVER heard you speak like this. I KNEW there was a soft side to you.............LOL

Ah how cute... you guys are sharing a moment...LOL...

I know what you mean BH... i read that post and was totally surprised he said that... thought maybe it was his wife being all sentimental and sincere... Idk but i kinda like the old grumy slickfish better

LoveGlove United
    bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 11:32:46 (permalink)
    Indy, mika, giz, doubletaper, rapalla11 (not too sure about this rapman fella), and the aforementioned "erie guyz" are always helpful and generally fun to interact with. Spoon for being as hard headed as anybody, even though you're wrong most of the time. And who could leave out Rapscallion, willing to go toe to toe with anyone on the political threads. RC for insightful posting, MM for interesting avatars and 16506fish (not sure if that's right) for making me be careful to not become a grumpy old man.

As for Slickfish, I alway look forward to his posts, laced with a healthy dose of sarcasm and humor. I do think that kastmasterpro deserves something for providing a solid month of entertainment during the slow early summer time on here. Harry, carcus, bigslick and a few others for their good sportsmanship and sense of humor. Mikeg gets my nod for moderator of the year for his patience and allowing a little leeway while still retianing a respectable amount of control. I'm sure I'll think of a few more......
    fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2215
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 12:28:32 (permalink)
    I am never a fan of "ranking" people, I think that's shallow and too exclusive.
    I am all for being positive and speaking the truth though. There are lots of good posters on here (Bug, Mikeg, Dano and DoubleTpr come to mind), and there are also some immature, self obsessed idiots. I won't say who the latter are, but Anadromous is one that comes to mind who obviously has a passion for fishing, good instructions to help others and creative in the posts too.

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
    Matthew 4:19
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 12:40:36 (permalink)
    "what are you? a pre-pubescent girl?"

No, but I'll bet Guru will throw on one of Sabrina's old cheerleader outfits for you. If that's what you're into

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    gizmos
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1190
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 12:44:25 (permalink)
    Have had the pleasure of meeting a few of the good guys on here, and have quite a few others that I look forward to meeting. Hope this continues to be a site where we can share and laugh with each other. The inside friend bashing subjects always have me smilin ! Some of yinz are ruthless !!

Eat what you catch,troll for cows.
    Mountian Man
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4118
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 12:53:35 (permalink)
    Really I don't think a list can be made...Everyone brings something different to the table.

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 13:01:48 (permalink)
    "I am never a fan of "ranking" people, I think that's shallow and too exclusive."

Neither am I, really. Mack suggested that folks ( "newbies" ) keep a list of those who are "good eggs", and give out detailed, accuate information on request/demand. And those "bad eggs", who think some things should be learned, or earned.

Since internet service is expensive, and I don't want to "waste" precious computer time on fruitless threads. I was hoping, that one of the "good eggs", who've already done the "legwork" would post their list FOR me.

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    rapala11
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6218
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 13:04:52 (permalink)
    oooooooooohhhhhhhh, i get it now.

spoon, i don't fit either category.....i am just an egghead.

truthfully, i have had nothing but good experiences from the guys here from updare.  not so much as where, but how to.  this site is a treasure-trove of tutorials and info sharing. 

spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 13:09:24 (permalink)
    "Really I don't think a list can be made...Everyone brings something different to the table."

Very true. Despite numerous "heated" debates, exchanges, and smart arsed remarks over 10+ years. I could count on one hand, those who I've held any dislike, let alone genuine animosity toward. I just don't take things on here  personally. I've met, and fished with many here, and would fish along side pretty much anyone on this board. I may not go out of my way to do so, in some cases though

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 13:14:30 (permalink)
    Rich,

It really was a lark, and my "need" to be an arsehole occassionally. I seems the only way to fit in, in a world full of them

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    MackJ
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 522
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 13:15:28 (permalink)
    Mack suggested that folks ( "newbies" ) keep a list of those who are "good eggs", and give out detailed, accuate information on request/demand. And those "bad eggs", who think some things should be learned, or earned.

I just think the bad egg list is necessary.  Everyone else gets the benefit of the doubt until they make the list by exposing their rotteness.
    rapala11
    Pro Angler
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 13:16:06 (permalink)
    guru is awesome, and to tell the truth, i enjoy peacymike also.  brings back reality and what is important....and that ain't much.

rapala11
    Pro Angler
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 13:18:30 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

Rich,

It really was a lark, and my "need" to be an arsehole occassionally. I seems the only way to fit in, in a world full of them

sometimes i am not so quick, but in the name of balance, i will place myself on the bad list.

again, so much positive help here, always.  last year when my furnace went down, i got pms and phone calls from a bunch.  just a decent group of eggs here, fo sho.

jiggerman41
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 13:55:58 (permalink)
    there are alot of guys on here that give out good info.but on the other hand there are some who just like to stir the pot so to speak.no need to name names but you know who you are and so do we
    Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: THE LIST 2009/09/30 14:02:03 (permalink)
    We all have our moments of fame and shame...  It comes with being human.

pax vobiscum +
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: