I'm curious

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6701
  • Reward points: 0
RE: I'm curious 2009/09/29 11:39:02 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: MackJ

I think I am the one who has the idea.  I do not recommend people use the indefinite pronoun "one" if they are not familiar with its proper usage.

Indeed, you are "the one", the one and only.  What would one suggest in such a situation as this one?
MackJ
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 522
RE: I'm curious 2009/09/29 11:41:43 (permalink)
I'm not sure what one should suggest, but I would suggest you have just been added to any lists being kept by learning anglers.
RhnstnCowboy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2583
RE: I'm curious 2009/09/29 11:42:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: D-nymph

I think I am the one who has the idea.  I do not recommend people use the indefinite pronoun "one" if they are not familiar with its proper usage.

Indeed, you are "the one", the one and only.  What would one suggest in such a situation as this one?

D-Nymph,

You start with your list of undesirables in order of most to least offensive. Then you just work your way down the list as these people are "eliminated." Its pretty simple.

"Part of being a Leftist is the smug conviction that you and people like you are smart, while everyone else is stupid and/or evil"
- T. Fleming
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: I'm curious 2009/09/29 11:43:59 (permalink)
"If you have ever been in a bait shop when the phone rings, you would know the answer to your question."

I have been there literally hundreds of times, and the caller was given enough accurate information to make their own decision. 

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
SilverKype
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3842
RE: I'm curious 2009/09/29 11:44:20 (permalink)
ROTF !!!!  You've just been added D !  Welcome !  Awesome.

I'm a learning angler too... maybe I'll pick something up from the guys who ask how far the 185,000 fish are upstream on the 23 mile creek with clear water. 

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
D-nymph
Pro Angler
RE: I'm curious 2009/09/29 11:46:10 (permalink)

I'm not sure what one should suggest, but I would suggest you have just been added to any lists being kept by learning anglers.

How many lists would one, you, the "one and only" suggest will be kept this season?  One?
D-nymph
Pro Angler
RE: I'm curious 2009/09/29 11:46:51 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: SilverKype

ROTF !!!!  You've just been added D !  Welcome !  Awesome.

At least I made some kind of list, aside from the banned from East Carson Street list.
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: I'm curious 2009/09/29 11:53:05 (permalink)
Here's the only info one should need. If you need a shiite load of fish, and perfect conditions to make it "worth the trip". Don't plan a trip untill mid october. If it hasn't rained in a week, or it poured the night before. Postpone for another day.

On the other hand. If you are satisfied fishing to some fish, willing to spend a little time searching, and are somewhat versatile. Then come up anytime you get "the urge", after Labor day.

It really IS that simple.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2534
RE: I'm curious 2009/09/29 21:00:50 (permalink)

These people may be trying to plan an outing with other inexperienced anglers.  It may involved a couple small groups in separate cars trying to meet up.  This would place a premium on selecting a meetup or parking area where they actually plan to fish.  They may NOT[edit] be arriving at the same time and not have access to a cell phone that the earlier group can use to alert the other of a move required by what was found upon their earlier arrival, if they even know "what was found."

Then they would be foolish to ask on the 'net.
Cause if they got an answer like,

"there to the  Legion Hole"

they'll find a whole lot of company that wasn't there the day before.

I've seen it happen many times with my own eyes.
Too much to be a coincidence.

I've fished Folly's, Platz rd, and Sterritania  with good numbers of fish and  little angling pressure early in the season.
The day after someone posts a report that they  hammered them at Folly's, the cars are lined up both sides to the road.

I'm curious why some will never go look on their own.
It ain't like these fish are hard to find in short shallow creeks

Looking on your own with out the benefit of the 'net may reward "one" with lots of fish and little pressure.
Waiting for it to be made public only assures you'll have plenty company when you get there.

BTW, your thread on fishing and where to catch them was excellent and is what this site is about.
Not pointing out the particular hole or spot the fish are at
(unless you like lots of company)

...L.T.A.

MackJ
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 522
RE: I'm curious 2009/09/29 21:11:52 (permalink)
I guess we disagree with "what this site is about." I think it is about fellow anglers sharing information. From your post, I assume you think it is about sharing any information so long as it isn't where the fish might be found, where access might be found and what the conditions may be at any given point in time.
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
RE: I'm curious 2009/09/29 21:12:22 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: genieman77

These people may be trying to plan an outing with other inexperienced anglers.  It may involved a couple small groups in separate cars trying to meet up.  This would place a premium on selecting a meetup or parking area where they actually plan to fish.  They may NOT[edit] be arriving at the same time and not have access to a cell phone that the earlier group can use to alert the other of a move required by what was found upon their earlier arrival, if they even know "what was found."

Then they would be foolish to ask on the 'net.
Cause if they got an answer like,

"there to the  Legion Hole"

they'll find a whole lot of company that wasn't there the day before.

I've seen it happen many times with my own eyes.
Too much to be a coincidence.

I've fished Folly's, Platz rd, and Sterritania  with good numbers of fish and  little angling pressure early in the season.
The day after someone posts a report that they  hammered them at Folly's, the cars are lined up both sides to the road.

I'm curious why some will never go look on their own.
It ain't like these fish are hard to find in short shallow creeks

Looking on your own with out the benefit of the 'net may reward "one" with lots of fish and little pressure.
Waiting for it to be made public only assures you'll have plenty company when you get there.

BTW, your thread on fishing and where to catch them was excellent and is what this site is about.
Not pointing out the particular hole or spot the fish are at
(unless you like lots of company)

...L.T.A.

You know why?  Because the net has made it so much easier....folks figure, I'll just take most of the guesswork out of it and check out DaFunk's latest detailed report.  I'm sure he will wise up sooner or later.  We've all been through it and learned over time the lack of true appreciation and what the results of thousands of lurkers are.  Thats all OK though, cuz I'll continue to enjoy catching these critters because as always, its just time spent catching some fish and buying time until the next "real" fishing season starts! 

ps - still have'nt found a tip for that Frontier Jim....man I liiked that rod...it caught lots of fish in the short time I had it. 
post edited by ShutUpNFish - 2009/09/29 21:14:32

genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2534
RE: I'm curious 2009/09/29 21:20:09 (permalink)

I assume you think it is about sharing any information so long as it isn't where the fish might be found, where access might be found and what the conditions may be at any given point in time.

you assume wrong, Mack

I don't care about condition reports or "public" access points

I am against spots being mentioned "publicly on the 'net" though.

..L.T.A.
troutslammer
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 382
RE: I'm curious 2009/09/29 21:34:34 (permalink)
my brother , my dad and i all used to fish trout together , i remember one particular outing when i was pretty young we stopped at the local bait shop and each got 2 dozen minnows , brother fell in and dumped his so dad and i shared ours with him , we ran out of bait in about 2-1/2 hrs of fishing , on the way back to the bait shop in the van my dad said "when we go in here boys keep your mouth shut " , we walked in and dad asked for another 4 dozen minnows this time and the old guy at the bait store said holly s.... u guys tearing em up , dad said yeah and the guy asked him where at and dad told the guy a totally different creek and we left , we drove by that creek at the end of the day and there were 5 cars parked there , next saturday morning we got bait sat and fished "our" stream by "ourselves" , went to bait store sunday morning and dad told the guy the same creek was loaded with trout and we were slamming em on minnows , we drove by the creek again and there were twice as many cars as the previous weekend , we fished our creek all summer by ourelves !
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: