Four Mile Creek access

Author
PSA
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 36
  • Reward points: 0
2009/09/23 18:11:52 (permalink)

Four Mile Creek access

The Lawrence Park Golf Club is graciously permitting anglers to access their property to fish the lower section of Four Mile Creek (west side) from the dam down to the mouth.  However, the way anglers access that section of stream has changed for this year, and will remain changed until further notice.

Anglers are no longer permitted to utilize the foot bridge at the dam in order to cross the stream.  From now on, anglers must enter the stream from the area between the dam and the Lawrence Park Fishing Club property line.  This area is immediatley next to (north of) the dam.  Anglers must enter the stream from this point, and then walk in the stream down to the mouth to access the west bank (lower fishing hole).  In previous years, anglers were permitted to utilize the foot bridge to cross the stream then walk along the top of the west bank, then hop down over the bank to access the west side of the stream: THIS IS NO LONGER PERMITTED.  Anglers must stay in the stream and walk down to the west side of the mouth.  NO EXCEPTIONS.

NOTE: ANGLERS ARE STILL PROHIBITED FROM TRESPASSING ON THE EAST SIDE OF LOWER FOUR MILE CREEK (from the center line of the stream eastward) UNLESS THEY ARE A MEMBER OF THE LAWRENCE PARK FISHING CLUB (MEMBERS ONLY).  TRESPASSERS WILL BE PROSECUTED.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

3 Replies Related Threads

Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1887
    RE: Four Mile Creek access 2009/09/23 20:14:07 (permalink)
    Thanks for the update!!

I know there are lots of things pinned to the top of this page, but I think this would be a good one to pin up there for a while, until everyone learns of the changes.
    FiveMilePete
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1131
    RE: Four Mile Creek access 2009/09/23 22:38:12 (permalink)

I find it really ironic that the golf club allows fishing on their property,
    but the "fishing" club doesn't. 

As a side note, please remember that the creek is privately owned from
    Rt. 5 to the lake.  The trash left on this creek is just disgusting.  I'd suggest anyone who fishes there bring along a bag, and take some out,
    so that the largesse of the golf club is not taken for granted. 
    post edited by FiveMilePete - 2009/09/30 00:37:39
    fishtoomuch
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: Four Mile Creek access 2009/09/30 06:59:22 (permalink)
    5mile is right. you have to pick after the slobs....sad fact of life ot poosibly loose access.
    Jump to: