the urge to rant!

Author
johnnyb
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 132
  • Reward points: 0
2009/09/21 09:35:17 (permalink)

the urge to rant!

Garbage< Garbage Garbage!!!!    I was literally set back yesterday while at the DSR.  While evreyone paid 30 dollars to fish this water, it seems some people think they have the right to throw garbage every where!  Now, I'm not this self ritious p***k but common guys!   fishing line, empty bags, cans, bottles just left there for someone else to pick up!

Maybe the enforcers of the DSR should start with throwing people out when they observe this behavior!  It just might preserve the area for those of us who carry bags and do our part to clean up!   Just my thoughts!

9 Replies Related Threads

SPIKER
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 165
    RE: the urge to rant! 2009/09/21 10:28:01 (permalink)
    Maybe garbage disposal is included in the $30?
    washdog
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 408
    RE: the urge to rant! 2009/09/21 15:19:20 (permalink)
    I myself can't understand how people who enjoy the outdoors can leave it so messy, it sucks.
    I would think the operators of the DSR should take a little time to clean the place up. After all they are allowed to charge a fee for the right to fish waters that are stocked with fish we all pay for.  That also sucks....  If I paid to fish there(though I won't) I would be ****ed if I had to see everyones garbage, and they would here about it.
    They just want your cash, and obviously don't care to keep up with the beauty of the place.
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: the urge to rant! 2009/09/21 15:52:44 (permalink)

Agreed.
    post edited by salmotrutta - 2009/09/21 15:53:06

Lyrical
    Over the Hill
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2382
    RE: the urge to rant! 2009/09/21 16:29:10 (permalink)
    I don't fish the DSR so  my question is: Is there more littering there at DSR than public areas? Just courious. Thanks to all who answer.

OVER THE HILL

Some people are like slinky's; not really good for anything, but, they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs...
    Colonel Forbin
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 17
    RE: the urge to rant! 2009/09/21 16:31:47 (permalink)
    Idiots are idiots no matter where they fish, but the rest of the river is way worse than the DSR for trash.  I personally have seen very little trash on the dsr but have only been there once this season.
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    RE: the urge to rant! 2009/09/21 16:42:49 (permalink)
    let's not let this turn in to dsr bashing time.  let's just all try to contribute and pick up anything we see on the bank, and try to urge others as well...
    Over the Hill
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2382
    RE: the urge to rant! 2009/09/22 13:58:56 (permalink)
    Dime, not trying to. Just curious... Wondering if some people have an attitude of since they're paying, screw them (DSR), let them pick it up. From the Colonel's response, it doesn't seem to be true.

I'm also a strong advocate for community service for those who litter. A fine plus X-amount of community service hours picking up trash in public access points in a brite orange jumpsuit stating, "Litterer" on the back. Sometimes a little humility can go a long way.

OVER THE HILL

Some people are like slinky's; not really good for anything, but, they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs...
    johnnyb
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 132
    RE: the urge to rant! 2009/09/22 16:50:50 (permalink)
    No matter where i fish I always carry a few plastis bags, just so I can clean up after the slobs and myself of course!
    I try to instill this same behavior with my 9yo when we're out on the river.
    I've gotten weird looks from some aholes when they see me do this and my response is!  Oh I'm sorry was this garbage yours? here"s a bag for you to take back to your car!

I've probably pushed the envelop once or twice?  but for the most part its the embaresing look on their faces that I enjoy most!  
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: the urge to rant! 2009/09/22 18:08:08 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: jrb327

No matter where i fish I always carry a few plastis bags, just so I can clean up after the slobs and myself of course!
    I try to instill this same behavior with my 9yo when we're out on the river.
    I've gotten weird looks from some aholes when they see me do this and my response is!  Oh I'm sorry was this garbage yours? here"s a bag for you to take back to your car!

I've probably pushed the envelop once or twice?  but for the most part its the embaresing look on their faces that I enjoy most!  

I carry it out in bags, pockets, whatever- as I know all here do. Good group we have joining in.

Unrelated, but as I read pushing the emvalope this popped into my head...
    A couple years ago I was with Gottom & another friend fishing for Steel & we all did well. Anyhow we were fishing a tailout & this dude comes down the river making big sweeps with his rod tip practically jammed into the river bed.
    As he got close to us I could see all he had on was a ton of weight & a big bare hook, so I ask "What are they biting on?" All I got was a confused look.
    It was funny, but it's a shame- you know.

Lyrical
    Jump to: