new battenkill large arbor V in titanium

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
  • Reward points: 0
RE: new battenkill large arbor V in titanium 2009/08/19 21:42:58 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: D-nymph

ORIGINAL: salmotrutta

I need someone to show me around. I fished a trickle up there. I was down to size 18 SS sight fishing. I did get a nice hen on a streamer in a Gaspe' like pool.

That won't be a problem DuUD.  We can fish big or small.  November/December is the time.

Isn't it like cold then? I wanna fish the Niagra too. Ginsing offered to show me a few places. I'd love to say I caught a fish there...

Lyrical
johnnyb
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 132
RE: new battenkill large arbor V in titanium 2009/08/20 10:14:08 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: anadromous

Why not use a sinking tip?..just curious.
ORIGINAL: jrb327

No sense in wasting money on a good fly line!  I always cut the first 10ft of my floating line to get it down faster!
after all I'm not dry fly fishing for these bruts, the faster its down in the zone the better.   just my opinion

I've tried sink tips and don't like em!   The article i reffered to was mailnly for high stickkin!   I tried it and it worked much better for me!  note "for me"  Its a learning process for me, and believe me I'm still learning,  most of the time its by trial and error!  with lots of errors!   LOL   
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
RE: new battenkill large arbor V in titanium 2009/08/20 16:53:12 (permalink)
Thank Dog for the odd fellows who have seemingly reinvented the spooled mono method (sorry Slayer).

Lyrical
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: