Wading Jacket or Chest/hip pack?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Wading Jacket or Chest/hip pack? 2009/08/05 09:49:51 (permalink)
I have a sticker. Its the best sticker from any distributer.
thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: Wading Jacket or Chest/hip pack? 2009/08/05 10:34:43 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Loomis

ORIGINAL: thedrake

ORIGINAL: silverbeast

What do you own?  Gloves and a hat?  Iv'e owned a lot of "good" gear that lasts me one fishing season, William and Joseph for one....ruined everything in one year. Nothing has been better to me than Simms.  In posting stuff about Simms iv'e noticed before people seem to get roused because they can't justify paying so much money for it or cant afford it. I can and in my personal opinion....it lasts, is quality, and has the best service out of any wader I have ever owned so I will attest to them being the best.

What company do u think is just as good as Simms?  Just wondering.....

Weren't you the guy who posted about problems with your William Joseph waders about 6 months ago? I may be wrong, as I often am, but I'm pretty sure it was you.if that's the case I'm guessing you've had your simms about 6 months. So, in 6 months time you can say without a doubt they are the best? I'm not so sure.

I have a lot of clients that show up in their simms g3's and tell me how they're the best, as if I don't realize they haven't got them wet since I guided them last year. Simms promotes their gear as the best and people believe it.

A lot of the guys I fish with wear the high end simms and patagonia, and I wear Dan Baileys. No matter which brand were wearing we get 2 years max out of them.

Which simms products do I own? I have a windstopper DL fleece, which btw is no better than my Pradagonia guide jacket (which I paid much less for). I've owned some of their boots, shirts, winter hats, baselayers... All good quality, but could not say its the best.

post edited by thedrake - 2009/08/05 10:45:20
OCfisher
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 63
RE: Wading Jacket or Chest/hip pack? 2009/08/05 10:35:10 (permalink)
TNF seems to work for the dude on your blog.
Loomis
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2674
RE: Wading Jacket or Chest/hip pack? 2009/08/05 11:08:51 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: silverbeast

What do you own?  Gloves and a hat?  Iv'e owned a lot of "good" gear that lasts me one fishing season, William and Joseph for one....ruined everything in one year. Nothing has been better to me than Simms.  In posting stuff about Simms iv'e noticed before people seem to get roused because they can't justify paying so much money for it or cant afford it. I can and in my personal opinion....it lasts, is quality, and has the best service out of any wader I have ever owned so I will attest to them being the best.

What company do u think is just as good as Simms?  Just wondering.....

Weren't you the guy who posted about problems with your William Joseph waders about 6 months ago? I may be wrong, as I often am, but I'm pretty sure it was you.if that's the case I'm guessing you've had your simms about 6 months. So, in 6 months time you can say without a doubt they are the best? I'm not so sure.

I have a lot of clients that show up in their simms g3's and tell me how they're the best, as if I don't realize they haven't got them wet since I guided them last year. Simms promotes their gear as the best and people believe it.

A lot of the guys I fish with wear the high end simms and patagonia, and I wear Dan Baileys. No matter which brand were wearing we get 2 years max out of them.

Which simms products do I own? I have a windstopper DL fleece, which btw is no better than my Pradagonia guide jacket (which I paid much less for). I've owned some of their boots, shirts, winter hats, baselayers... All good quality, but could not say its the best.

Had Simms before the Willy J's, lasted me 4 seasons, 3 while guiding.  Yes I agree many of the wealthiest clients I have had from steel companies we deal with like Arcelor Mittal and US steel all had Simms G-3 or 4's that still have the out of box smell. Willy J's lasted almost a half a year before getting trashed, back to Simms.  For my professional interests I always reccommend Simms to anyone who wants a good quality and lasting product, and Ill stand by that from my personal experience for years to come.  I'm not taking a shot at you, I am just a firm believer of the quality of their products.
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
RE: Wading Jacket or Chest/hip pack? 2009/08/05 11:11:49 (permalink)
Had Simms before the Willy J's, lasted me 4 seasons, 3 while guiding.

Out of curiousity, then, what made you switch away from them in the first place?
Loomis
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2674
RE: Wading Jacket or Chest/hip pack? 2009/08/05 11:21:30 (permalink)
I get most of my stuff at Wholesale, and these were 20% below wholesale costs, figured they would be worth a shot because they looked like a good company.....Good thing I was wrong at such a cheap price.
beerman
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1314
RE: Wading Jacket or Chest/hip pack? 2009/08/31 20:34:19 (permalink)

changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes....nothing remains quite the same

The Beerman ~ Greg
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: