Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
2009/07/31 10:46:21 (permalink)

Jimmy Jam II The List

so lets start here. First thing.
Who is going - how long - boat or not- trailer .
after we see what turns up then we'll figure any issues (parking , riders etc. ) out.

1. Hot Tuna, fri > sun , 14' jon boat & trailer

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen

62 Replies Related Threads

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/07/31 11:00:02 (permalink)
    One month out- time to start putting the plan together.  Thanks Tuna!

Once we get a list of participants, we'll figure out who fishing with who, who's bringing what, etc.  We can tackle that list next week after we get a list of attendees solidified.  Keep in mind, we don't need 20 boats for 20 people. That would never work. 

If you guys cut n' paste the list each time (and then add your name to it), we should have an accuate and up-to-date list in no time.  Add your name to the list if you are going to attend. 

2. Neversink Jimmy, 24/7 > 365,  (I will stash my truck and trailer out of the way for the weekend)

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/07/31 11:26:52 (permalink)
    ALL day Saturday & Sat night ... will be taking off mid morning Sunday
    My 12' Alum V w/ trolling motor (i can put boat in bed of truck to save trailer room)

Rain or shine, i'm there !
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/07/31 11:55:30 (permalink)
    2. Neversink Jimmy, 24/7 > 365,  (I will stash my truck and trailer out of the way for the weekend)
    3.Bassinbrain, My 12' Alum V w/ trolling motor (i can put boat in bed of truck to save trailer room)
    4. Perch Inc. 14' radission (if needed) Last year I was Hot Tuna's pump MAN!!! I'll be there all three days/nites!!!! RJ, If you have room I'll be pump man AGAIN!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/07/31 12:01:36 (permalink)
    no pumping this year bro, gas filter was gummed up but she runs like a dream now

deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/07/31 12:32:06 (permalink)
    ink me in for Sat and Sun
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/07/31 14:16:01 (permalink)
    3.Bassinbrain, My 12' Alum V w/ trolling motor (i can put boat in bed of truck to save trailer room)
    4. Perch Inc. 14' radission (if needed) Last year I was Hot Tuna's pump MAN!!! I'll be there all three days/nites!!!! RJ, If you have room I'll be pump man AGAIN!!!
    5. NY YANK... boatless....  not sure yet , either staying friday or saturday night.  Can bring any food/supplies we figure we'll need.
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/07/31 14:31:39 (permalink)
    Its awesome to see Yank as a definate... 

I think the sleeping giant is going to be awoken next month on Snyders...  New York Yank's a-comin', fellas!

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/07/31 14:34:12 (permalink)
    lol Maybe I should read the WHOLE post first

2. Neversink Jimmy, 24/7 > 365, (I will stash my truck and trailer out of the way for the weekend)
    3.Bassinbrain, My 12' Alum V w/ trolling motor (i can put boat in bed of truck to save trailer room)
    4. Perch Inc. 14' radission (if needed) Last year I was Hot Tuna's pump MAN!!! I'll be there all three days/nites!!!! RJ, If you have room I'll be pump man AGAIN!!!
    5. NY YANK... boatless.... not sure yet , either staying friday or saturday night. Can bring any food/supplies we figure we'll need.
    6. Deadfishred. Sat and Sunday. Can bring 12' rowboat w/ electric motor (back of truck), or 17' Lund...will bring vodka...and some brats, maybe some venison and fish too.
    jkbugger
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 211
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/07/31 16:53:22 (permalink)
    Wish I could say definate when, but got 1 15ft canoe, some buffalo burgers, some home brew (not sure if it will be ready). I'll know closer to the event, right now all I can think about is my week in the dacks and lots of fishing.

2. Neversink Jimmy, 24/7 > 365, (I will stash my truck and trailer out of the way for the weekend)
    3.Bassinbrain, My 12' Alum V w/ trolling motor (i can put boat in bed of truck to save trailer room)
    4. Perch Inc. 14' radission (if needed) Last year I was Hot Tuna's pump MAN!!! I'll be there all three days/nites!!!! RJ, If you have room I'll be pump man AGAIN!!!
    5. NY YANK... boatless.... not sure yet , either staying friday or saturday night. Can bring any food/supplies we figure we'll need.
    6. Deadfishred. Sat and Sunday. Can bring 12' rowboat w/ electric motor (back of truck), or 17' Lund...will bring vodka...and some brats, maybe some venison and fish too.

7. Jkbugger, 15ft canoe, drunk friday, saturday and sunday not sure when I'll be at JJ. Food and beer if when I come.

"Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years."
    Charles Haas
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/07/31 18:18:19 (permalink)
    jk, what do you think we will be doin fri,sat & sun ? sittin home watchin tv ?

Duane
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 106
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/07/31 19:32:07 (permalink)
    I will be coming up for sure, really sounds like it will be a good day of fishing drinking and meeting some really good people. I will come up sat. morning and probably leave really late sat night or sunday morning.

7. Jkbugger, 15ft canoe, drunk friday, saturday and sunday not sure when I'll be at JJ. Food and beer if when I come.
    8. Duane, either 16' starcraft with trailer or 10 pelican with trolling motor in bed of pickup. Can bring what ever is needed......beer, food just let me know.
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/07/31 21:14:07 (permalink)
    I think I'm 95% ..I will bring my crawdad and/or 2hp yahama.. tuna or jimmy pm me got a question.

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/07/31 22:26:56 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL:
    8. Duane, either 16' starcraft with trailer or 10 pelican with trolling motor in bed of pickup. Can bring what ever is needed......beer, food just let me know.

Another Starcraft on the board, nice. I've got a 16' and Jimmy's got a 14'.

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/07/31 23:36:44 (permalink)
    9. Mr.Jigs, 14' John Boat, Trollin Motor, In back of truck, Kinda need to bring mine cause I'm hittin a lake or two the monday after JJ II, probably Saratoga
    I'm a for sure show up.
    post edited by Mr.Jigs - 2009/07/31 23:39:01

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    ILikePike
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/08/01 09:27:50 (permalink)
    9. Mr.Jigs, 14' John Boat, Trollin Motor, In back of truck, Kinda need to bring mine cause I'm hittin a lake or two the monday after JJ II, probably Saratoga
    I'm a for sure show up.
    10. ILIKEPIKE - boatless, early sunday morning, let me know if you need me to bring anything....
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/08/01 16:23:16 (permalink)
    9. Mr.Jigs, Be there Friday midday 14' John Boat, Trollin Motor, In back of truck, Kinda need to bring mine cause I'm hittin a lake or two the monday after JJ II, probably Saratoga
    I'm a for sure show up.
    10. ILIKEPIKE - boatless, early sunday morning, let me know if you need me to bring anything....

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/08/02 06:23:18 (permalink)
    First to come - last to leave - mark my reserve spot Jimmy ....
    santaman67
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 42
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/08/02 07:14:11 (permalink)
    9. Mr.Jigs, Be there Friday midday 14' John Boat, Trollin Motor, In back of truck, Kinda need to bring mine cause I'm hittin a lake or two the monday after JJ II, probably Saratoga
    I'm a for sure show up.
    11.  Santaman (Paul) - 12' Coleman Crawdad with 2HP and 40LB thrust trolling motor with trailer and open seat!!  Be there Friday night through Sunday morning.
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/08/02 11:15:10 (permalink)
    I'm a for sure show up.
    11. Santaman (Paul) - 12' Coleman Crawdad with 2HP and 40LB thrust trolling motor with trailer and open seat!! Be there Friday night through Sunday morning.
    12. Reel Force - We'll leave the light on for you brother

Ship of Fools
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 250
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/08/02 11:54:29 (permalink)
    I'm a for sure show up.
    11. Santaman (Paul) - 12' Coleman Crawdad with 2HP and 40LB thrust trolling motor with trailer and open seat!! Be there Friday night through Sunday morning.
    13. Ship Of Fools...12' F/V the Ship of Fools, Stay 1 night...Saturday the Best?....we getting a keg of Pale Ale?
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/08/02 12:05:23 (permalink)
    I will pick up a keg friday.. I'd say if you can only do 1 nite Sat would be best... Last year I think the Tourney kicked off around 10am with a lunch break then finish up and handed over the $$$ around 5pm.

P.S.
    so far it's looking good as for boaters.
    Boats:
    tuna,bassinbrian,deadfishred,mr. jigs,santaman,ship of fools, reel force?

I won't discourage anyone from bringing their boat but would hate to see folks fishing alone. So those not listed above lets try and pair up it's going to be a blast!
    Last year I welcomed Perch Inc. in my boat and after 1 hr. of me trying to be serious about catching a tourney bass and him loading the boat with pannies away went the heavy sticks and in came some GREAT eats... I had an absolute AWESOME time with Perch Inc...
    post edited by hot tuna - 2009/08/02 12:18:29

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/08/02 22:35:49 (permalink)
    Yeah, its looking so far like space won't be any tougher than last year...  And that was pretty easy, actually...

I'm with Tuna- we've got plenty of shoreline to tie up the number of boats so far, so rock on...  Anyway, maybe everyone will want to 'pre fish' Friday night with their own boats or something, and then people can fish in different boats Saturday.  Alone or partner in the morning- then maybe split anglers in the afternoon.

"Second Flight" can pool anglers by weigh-ins up to that point or something.  Worst rides with best, etc.

Tuna- you wanna' just hang out with me and weigh fish with me all day?  Use your old cruiser?

We can still fish, of course...  And I am pretty sure Matt will have his boat out in the middle holding a cooler or two and doing a lot of nothing.  I wouldn't mind fishing with you out deep for some wally's and then we can zip.

Looks like we'll have a good line up.  And it's never too early to pray for good weather.

I would imagine we'll hit around 15 or 16 this year.  Who knows.  So far we should be good to go with the trailers listed, etc.  Coolers and a lawn chair should be pretty much standard for everyone.  Beer for fishin'.  I'm all for getting a keg- but that doesn't do much if everyone is out in different boats all day Saturday.  I bet we could kill one between Fri and Sat though.  Mwah ha ha ha.  And we'll get a food list rockin' sometime soon.  Here is the latest and greatest roster for the "Boat Show" portion of the party:

I'm a for sure show up.
    13. Ship Of Fools...12' F/V the Ship of Fools, Stay 1 night...Saturday the Best?....we getting a keg of Pale Ale?

backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/08/03 09:27:30 (permalink)
    jimmy, i guess i won't bother with the cartop! all the more convience for traveling abroad! i'll pack my weekend essentials , let me know about food for the grill.. rolls peppers onions sausage ..things like that

Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/08/03 10:55:59 (permalink)
    backin79, We(RF) will be put up a new thread for the food and drink menu!!! PS, I don't see your name on the guess list YET!!! LOL IT'S going to a BLAST!!!!!!              
    post edited by Perch Inc. - 2009/08/03 10:59:42

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/08/03 11:08:32 (permalink)
    It's ALL about the LIST, right Perch? 

Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/08/03 11:21:08 (permalink)
    You KNOW It Jimmy!!!! If you An't on the LIST you an't invited!!! LOL!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/08/03 15:02:06 (permalink)
    come on now?.. ?

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/08/03 15:42:12 (permalink)
    Back In...  Come on now...  See how everyone else has done it?

The list sure makes it a heck of a lot easier to get a quick number on how many people will be there, etc.

For example- there are currently 13 people signed up.  It would be 14 if you joined in.

I was only counting the number on the list and the number of trailers, etc. Those are the most important things in terms of space at my house and convenience for everyone involved. 

I actually had no idea you were planning on coming until today- I have just looked at list updates.

Trailers are getting close to maxed out.  I have three written in so far, assuming Tuna/Duane/DeadFish are bringing theirs...  As mentioned, we will work food stuff out in the days ahead.  But right now I am mainly concerned with parking space for vehicles, etc.  We should have plenty of shoreline for the boats- just not much room for trucks and trailers.  If you saw my house you would know why this is an issue and why we are trying to consolidate as best we can.

Trust us dude.   We've done this before.  Please just stick with the list. 

backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II The List 2009/08/03 16:39:25 (permalink)
    Jimmy, I understand your situation. No problemo dude really!thanks for the invite

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to: