Fish Cleaning Stattions

Author
Foxfire
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points: 0
2007/08/12 18:26:00 (permalink)

Fish Cleaning Stattions

Just saw a news article on channel 3 that the Salmon River transfer station will not be accepting fish carcasses this year like they have in the past. Connie Rogers and Bob Adamski were on the news clip voicing their displeasure over this decision. Honestly, it does not make much sense to me, but if anyone knows the behind the scenes scoop on this, please reply.

While I am a strick catch and release fisherman, every purchaser of a NYS license has the right to harvest a fish. The thought of have fish carcasses disgarded in parking lots is not good. Also the hotel/inn owners have to be concerned as they do not want fish "cleaned" in their rooms.

The smell of fall is bad enough, no need to make it worse.

3 Replies Related Threads

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Fish Cleaning Stattions 2007/08/12 19:14:35 (permalink)
    as i also C&R but
    that is not good news at all
    what this might mean as you stated improper disposal along with higher fees at the cleaning stations
    seems strange the town(county) would do this as the state (Selkirk Shores) has a free cleaning>disposal station.
    Please keep us posted

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Gottumguide
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 106
    RE: Fish Cleaning Stattions 2007/08/12 20:02:24 (permalink)
    well this has happened before- nothing new- now the cleaning stations will have take their guts to Fulton-
    a good excuse for them to charge more but hey they have to make there money in 2 months for the whole year. It is against the law to clean fish from the lake ontario/SR/creeks unless you are a property owner in oswego county, cleaning station or charter cpt.- To many people were cleaning them in the motel rooms and dumping them all over the place- that's why they came up with this law and that's why we have cleaning stations- The 2a dump has composted the fish for flower garden soil only but I would say they don't want to deal w/ them any longer.
    I'll ask the guys running the dump next time by there and see if they have any clue what's going on.

Drift boat guiding/chartering the Salmon River/Lake Ontario and since 1990.
    NYS guide lic # 1032
    www.salmonriverguide.com
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: Fish Cleaning Stattions 2007/08/16 13:11:23 (permalink)
    You would think they could make fish pellets out of them- like on Dirty Jobs. LOL

Lyrical
    Jump to: