Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
town bada$$
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points: 0
2009/07/22 00:30:41 (permalink)

Getting the wife to go fishing

hey guys looking for ideas how to get the old lady to go fishing. haha seems she'll marry me but cant get her out for a day on the creek. Thinking about getting a flyrod so she doesnt get grossed out by worms but i cant get over those dang things. Let me know what you think.

Being bad**** is just like a day on the stream to me

65 Replies Related Threads

Mountian Man
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4118
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 00:33:29 (permalink)
    duUd, dunno take her out to dinner after fishing. Maybe?

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
    harrypelles
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1007
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 00:44:29 (permalink)
    Is there anything she has been trying to get you to do with her? Bingo? The Opera? (haha) Anything? Give-and-take/Trade?

(Inserting a some salt grains here as I'm not married and might be completely off of my nut.)
    percheye
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 76
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 00:50:34 (permalink)
    Harry and Mountain both have great points but I think you should just caveman it and just drag her out with you... just kidding.. I do the even trade thing personally
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 00:54:35 (permalink)
    What the **** is wrong with your brain?

Ive said it before, and I'll say it again. If my wife took up fishing, I'd take up (arghhh) golf.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    jimhalupka
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1058
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 00:57:15 (permalink)
    punch her in the mouth and make sure she don't got nothing of yours up in her tape deck first of all...

tell her to order you some waffle fries.. and a dr. pepper

when the guy with one tooth operating the zipper asks you if you wanna ride say, "I sure do."

"What's one more neglected child support payment? I owe MILLIONS"

^if you've never seen the unforgivables on youtube, I highly suggest it.

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
    Split Shot
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 891
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 01:00:49 (permalink)
    I am with you Spoon! I am glad my wife doesn't like fishing. I love her alot, but you have to get away from each other.

My Wife said, if I go fish'n one more time, she'll leave me! God, I'm going to miss her!
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 01:09:26 (permalink)
    Its just like us....it takes a certain breed to fish.  My wife happens to like to fish, but fishing to her is the relaxing type fishing such as perch fishing or panfish fishing.  If you feel the need to take your wife fishing, make it an ejoyable thing like you would with kids and don't expect to do any "serious" fishing unless she is hardcore like some women I know.  As far as fishing for steel in the cold or muskie trolling/plugging.....there are just some things the wife just doesn't need to be a part of and I know her well enough to know we'd both get frustrated in that scenario.  This applies to me anyway.
    post edited by ShutUpNFish - 2009/07/22 01:11:02

Mountian Man
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4118
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 02:27:02 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ShutUpNFish

Its just like us....it takes a certain breed to fish.  My wife happens to like to fish, but fishing to her is the relaxing type fishing such as perch fishing or panfish fishing.  If you feel the need to take your wife fishing, make it an ejoyable thing like you would with kids and don't expect to do any "serious" fishing unless she is hardcore like some women I know.  As far as fishing for steel in the cold or muskie trolling/plugging.....there are just some things the wife just doesn't need to be a part of and I know her well enough to know we'd both get frustrated in that scenario.  This applies to me anyway.

That just, well sumed it up....

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
    kingnuke32
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1863
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 05:53:27 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ShutUpNFish

X 1 billion
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 07:52:23 (permalink)
    I see a vision!

Of the future!

It's a fisherie thread...I think I can make out the title...yes! It says...

"How to get the wife to stop fishing?"

Texcobb99
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 451
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 08:29:10 (permalink)
    Here's what I do...take the whole family and make it an event.  Don't plan on fishing for yourself.  I don't do this often, because we both enjoy our time away from each other.  If I am going to Erie, or to do some serious fishin she stays home.  All she hears is that I am getting up at 3:30 AM and I don't have to worry about her wanting to tag along.

If I would have asked what everyone wanted, they would have responded that they wanted a better horse....Henry Ford
    JEB
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2248
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 08:53:28 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Split Shot

I am with you Spoon! I am glad my wife doesn't like fishing. I love her alot, but you have to get away from each other.

I'm with them !
    Big Fathead
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 915
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 09:55:26 (permalink)
    I've tried to get my wife to go and she thinks I'm a retard for leaving at 3 am to go. Maybe once a year she will come out perch fishing. She will trout fish for about an hour or so. I enjoy her companionship and don't mind spending time with her. Fishing is what I really enjoy so I wish she would come more. At this time of year I spend more time on the lake than with her but make up for it the other 8 months!
    carpin05
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 830
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 11:02:38 (permalink)
    My wife wanted to go with me steel fishin,So i took her to the wall of nuts....
    It was 33 with 30 mph winds!!!!!

killdeer19
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 654
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 11:07:49 (permalink)
    Poor guys... My wife LOVES to fish! Actually, we're planning our anniversary around a fishing trip to Erie this weekend. Just take her out for a bit and let her look at the scenery, once she enjoys that, she'll eventually want to hold a rod. After her first fish or two, she'll be hooked. (That's how my wife gets her girl friends to come fishing with her.)

Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
    bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 11:25:14 (permalink)
    Somewhere, on a cooking forum, there's a post from a wife wanting to know how to get her husband to stop fishing.

Seriously though, I did get my wife to go fishing, now I have to coordinate with her schedule as welll as mine...... I haven't been on the water in almost a month  hope you make out better.
    harrypelles
    Pro Angler
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 11:27:31 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Cold

I see a vision!

Of the future!

It's a fisherie thread...I think I can make out the title...yes! It says...

"How to get the wife to stop fishing?"

Or...

"Wife Pics"
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1376
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 15:31:52 (permalink)
    If you want her to go fishing with you just bring along a basket or two of dirty clothes. That way she can still get the laundrey done by beating it against the rocks.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6701
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 15:36:41 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: swinger

If you want her to go fishing with you just bring along a basket or two of dirty clothes. That way she can still get the laundrey done by beating it against the rocks.

haha.

doubletaper
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3977
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 15:36:54 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: town bad****

hey guys looking for ideas how to get the old lady to go fishing. haha seems she'll marry me but cant get her out for a day on the creek. Thinking about getting a flyrod so she doesnt get grossed out by worms but i cant get over those dang things. Let me know what you think.

take the sexy single women next door fishing and see if your wife decides to go fishing with you next time!!

http://streamsidetales.bl...015/05/helles-yea.html
    it's not luck
    if success is consistent 

harrypelles
    Pro Angler
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 15:39:15 (permalink)
    A girl I once dated loved to fish with me. She liked to go clubbing though too. I let her drag me along to the matrix a couple of times because I knew it was something she really liked to do, even though it made my ears want to bleed and I would have rather had a root canal than go.

Now, I have decided that I will never go clubbing again. I don't care what the case. I just can't stand it.

It is like that with my Dad and fishing. My mother always did love to fish and used to take me growing up. My Dad could not stand fishing. He hated it with a passion.

Point is, you can take a babe to the water and twist her arm, but you can't make her like to fish. Sometimes people just don't like things, no matter what they are.

I hope your wife gives it a chance and, if she does, starts to really like it. Some of the best times I can remember fishing were with the girl I used to date and the fun we'd have on the water. It is something I look for in women now. Not a requirement, mind you. Just a "It would be really nice if she did..." kind of thing.
    BIGSLICK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1867
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 15:45:19 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: doubletaper

ORIGINAL: town bad****

take the sexy single women next door fishing and see if your wife decides to go fishing with you next time!!

LOL...Have you had any experience with this??? lol....

BIGSLICK
    Pro Angler
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 15:46:13 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: harrypelles

A girl I once dated loved to fish with me. She liked to go clubbing though too. I let her drag me along to the matrix a couple of times because I knew it was something she really liked to do, even though it made my ears want to bleed and I would have rather had a root canal than go.

Now, I have decided that I will never go clubbing again. I don't care what the case. I just can't stand it.

It is like that with my Dad and fishing. My mother always did love to fish and used to take me growing up. My Dad could not stand fishing. He hated it with a passion.

Point is, you can take a babe to the water and twist her arm, but you can't make her like to fish. Sometimes people just don't like things, no matter what they are.

I hope your wife gives it a chance and, if she does, starts to really like it. Some of the best times I can remember fishing were with the girl I used to date and the fun we'd have on the water. It is something I look for in women now. Not a requirement, mind you. Just a "It would be really nice if she did..." kind of thing.

I wouldn't go back to a **** Bar either if I were you...lol  j/k

bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 15:52:40 (permalink)
    "I wouldn't go back to a **** Bar either "

Going back would indicate that you have been there.........

My 17 year old daughter seems to have been bitten by the fishing bug (which is cool by me) and has started inviting her friends to go. So if you see a boat perchin or trolling for eyes with a bunch of bikini clad young girls.... STOP STARING that's my daughter your lookin at.
    BIGSLICK
    Pro Angler
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 15:56:11 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bulldog1

"I wouldn't go back to a **** Bar either "

Going back would indicate that you have been there.........

My 17 year old daughter seems to have been bitten by the fishing bug (which is cool by me) and has started inviting her friends to go. So if you see a boat perchin or trolling for eyes with a bunch of bikini clad young girls.... STOP STARING that's my daughter your lookin at.

lol...Bull, When I was in college I worked at a restuarant as a head chef, and there were some, uh umm, strange tendancied people there....A bunch of us went out one night and we ended up at this bar called "The Zone" I didn't know it when we were going there, but quickly figured out that it was a **** bar...I got the hell out as fast as I could....

Bull, what day you going and where you launching out of???...lol.....

Texcobb99
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 451
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 16:05:01 (permalink)
    I gotta buy better binoculars.....

If I would have asked what everyone wanted, they would have responded that they wanted a better horse....Henry Ford
    carcus1211
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 457
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 16:34:13 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Texcobb99

I gotta buy better binoculars.....

Randy, I have a great pair... those and my fishing pole are the greatest gifts my ex-wife ever bought me... lol...

ORIGINAL: harrypelles

Harry you sound either #1: like you've taken too much Valium (sp) or #2: you've spent too much time with the meth heads in Titusville, or #3 you're a motivational speaker for North Warren Hospital...

and I quote from a song, "You took your mom to the prom and got lucky"  Everytime I hear that song it reminds me of you...lmao... j/k man... i enjoy your widsom and knowledge

Oh by the way....Name the song and artist?

LoveGlove United
    Carpet Bagger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1834
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 16:41:04 (permalink)
    Or you just stay home till she askes you to go fishing.....lol....

Even I am guilty of neglecting my gf during fishing season.....and hunting season....She has gone a few times with me and enjoyed it, but its just not something she really wants to do on a weekly basis like myself...There has to be a bit of a happy middle ground where she comes fishing and when she doesnt and i guess that works with me too.....

I think the above posts are right...If you want them to go you need to make it enjoyable.  Perch fishing 1st to have some fun, then troll and see what happens....Even I am losing the fishing bug a bit now...

CB
    I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
    just keep a few
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 50
    RE: Getting the wife to go fishing 2009/07/22 18:53:51 (permalink)
    Perhaps if you would refer to her as your Wife instead of Old Lady she might go. Just a thought..
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to: