LockedHazard to navigation

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1867
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Hazard to navigation 2009/07/21 19:56:16 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: 16506fish

Hey bigslick, B4 you got bustn the balls of the CG cause things arent how youd like em u should do alittle alittle research on em and respect them... for someone who wouldnt have a hair on his sac to even join the CG and do the things they do, sure do got a big mouth....sure youd have a different opinion of them if you had boat problems 5 miles out and your **** was bobb'n around in the water...just sayn. always  got  a complainer no matter what you do or where u go....

How was I busting on the CG???? I have 100% Respect for those guys and always have!!! Never said anything disrespectful about them!

Ironhed
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1892
RE: Hazard to navigation 2009/07/21 20:28:56 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: RELAYER

Here's the PFBC response to the hugh trees sticking 5ft out of the water in 30fow N of the marina The heavy flooding from last week has subsided although with all the tribs dramatically over flowing their banks ,the debris field that spewed from the mouths was significant. Large trees have been spotted drifting all along the lake shore, many of them significant in size and a few bobbing vertically. Walnut Creek and the USCG office have receive numerous calls and requests for removal. The reality here is that we simply have had an act of nature and these agencies nor any other agency hold no specific responsibly for cleaning up the Lake nor are the boats necessarily equipped for this type of operation. Should any agency assume responsibility for any type of debris cleanup a case could be made if every piece of debris in the lake was not salvaged...obviously an impossible task. Their answer is keep a keen eye out. Are they freaking kidding me??? They won't do anything until someone gets implalled on them causing death or very serious injury.

Here's what I think...

You love to mock, put down and rip on the PF&BC.
Here is your ignorant chance to jump on them so you do.

Write your highly-esteemed officials in Ohio and see what their response would be...

Is it their fault if you ding a prop on a submerged log bobbing down the stream in the channel?  How about out in the ditch?

Soooo, to answer your question...no, they are not kidding you.

Ironhed
RELAYER
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 465
RE: Hazard to navigation 2009/07/21 20:45:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Ironhed

ORIGINAL: RELAYER

Here's the PFBC response to the hugh trees sticking 5ft out of the water in 30fow N of the marina The heavy flooding from last week has subsided although with all the tribs dramatically over flowing their banks ,the debris field that spewed from the mouths was significant. Large trees have been spotted drifting all along the lake shore, many of them significant in size and a few bobbing vertically. Walnut Creek and the USCG office have receive numerous calls and requests for removal. The reality here is that we simply have had an act of nature and these agencies nor any other agency hold no specific responsibly for cleaning up the Lake nor are the boats necessarily equipped for this type of operation. Should any agency assume responsibility for any type of debris cleanup a case could be made if every piece of debris in the lake was not salvaged...obviously an impossible task. Their answer is keep a keen eye out. Are they freaking kidding me??? They won't do anything until someone gets implalled on them causing death or very serious injury.

Here's what I think...

You love to mock, put down and rip on the PF&BC.
Here is your ignorant chance to jump on them so you do.

Write your highly-esteemed officials in Ohio and see what their response would be...

Is it their fault if you ding a prop on a submerged log bobbing down the stream in the channel?  How about out in the ditch?

Soooo, to answer your question...no, they are not kidding you.

Ironhed

If I see that something is wrong I try to make it right or voice my opinion. I am not a sheep who blindly follows the herd. IGNORANT i'll give you ignorant YOU wouldn't say crap tasted bad if you had a mouth full of it!!!!
Ironhed
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1892
RE: Hazard to navigation 2009/07/21 20:51:48 (permalink)
Please look up the word "ignorant" then get back to me.

Ironhed
Don B
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 126
RE: Hazard to navigation 2009/07/21 22:16:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: just keep a few

HEY BIG SLICK
For someone with a big tough guy attitude like you have you sure are a whiner with a capital W.
You put so much effort into this thread whining and crying that "someone" should look out for the knuckleheads not paying attention to where they driving that YOU could have tied an orange milk jug or whatever to the **** tree YOURSELF.
There sure is a whole lot of whining and no doing.WTF. Take some personal responsibility and grow up.

I'll second that! You are one annoying person BS. I've only been reading posts on this website for a few months(More since my favorite riversmallies.com is not up), and you really are a whiner!

Honestly....I really don't care if you, or anyone else hits a tree stump with your boat. I hit rocks all the time on the Allegheny, Youghiogheny, Kiskiminetas, and Clarion Rivers. Goes with the territory. Get an alluminum jetboat and drive/bounce over the things if you're that afraid of 'em! You should ride with me on a shallow river someday at about 45mph dodging huge rocks in 10" of water. You call tree stumps hazzards?

I do know that when I served in the military, we had much better things to do than tie little ribbons around tree branches...in case someone would poke an eye out, or hit their boat, etc....and in these troubled times, I sure hope they are not wasting manpower on those stupid things now.

What if someone dies? OMG! That would be absolutely horrific!.....We have 8 billion food eaters & air suckers on this planet, can't we spare a few, and still survive as a species?

Just sayin....(Is that the correct lingo here?...Did I use it correctly?)

BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1867
RE: Hazard to navigation 2009/07/21 22:19:26 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Don B

What if someone dies? OMG! That would be absolutely horrific!.....We have 8 billion food eaters & air suckers on this planet, can't we spare a few, and still survive as a species?

What a Class Act you are!!  What if it was your son or best friend? Bet you would change your tune than!

norm289
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 932
RE: Hazard to navigation 2009/07/21 22:27:43 (permalink)
Just a question...  If the logs are sticking out five feet out of the water, isn't that enough of a visible warning to avoid them?  If you are driving down the road and see a big pothole, aren't you gonna swerve a little bit out of the way to avoid hitting it?  If they really need to be removed organize a clean up crew to take care of it.  Coast Guard has alot of more important things to do!
kingnuke32
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1863
RE: Hazard to navigation 2009/07/21 22:37:12 (permalink)
Its not 5 feet out of the water its a foot at most and with the waves you can not always see it. It was on the west side of the channel then moved a bit who knows where it is now. Someone will wack it no doubt in my mind. If carcus washes enough clothes between now and sunday I will take him and his tide bottles out to mark it.
mikeg
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2533
RE: Hazard to navigation 2009/07/21 22:39:02 (permalink)
....and another locked thread!

For my fishing reports, product reviews, stories, and other nonsense...
http://bassjunky76.blogspot.com/
norm289
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 932
RE: Hazard to navigation 2009/07/21 22:39:10 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: kingnuke32

Its not 5 feet out of the water its a foot at most and with the waves you can not always see it. It was on the west side of the channel then moved a bit who knows where it is now. Someone will wack it no doubt in my mind. If carcus washes enough clothes between now and sunday I will take him and his tide bottles out to mark it.

Thanks for answering the question.  Someone wrote that it was like that.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: