Finally got out.

Author
HookLineSinker
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 322
  • Reward points: 0
2009/06/11 21:53:28 (permalink)

Finally got out.

Launched out of Waterford at about 5am. Looked to be a promising day for walleye. Overcast, and the wind was gonna pick up a bit. Motored out to my 1st spot and picked up a baby smallie. I swear these smallies will go after cranks just as big or bigger than they are. Not feeling too good about this spot, I decided to move quick. I go to pull the cord on the trolling motor to pick it up, and it snaps. WHAP!!! I punch my self right in the eye. Good thing I didn't knock myself out and take the ole Nestea plunge. The wind is picking up a bit, so I anchor down to try to fix the problem. Unfortunately, I needed to take the trolling motor off the boat to replace the cord, and didn't have any tools with me. I couldn't even get the motor to lift out of the water. So I slowly motor back to the launch, carefully get the boat on the trailer, and drive home with my tail between my legs.

Got home and fixed the cord listening to some rockin' tunes supplied by RJ. Never did get back out, but did win some $ in online poker instead.

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.

2 Replies Related Threads

Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: Finally got out. 2009/06/13 18:53:33 (permalink)
    aww Hook sounds like one of em days, good to see ya take it in stride as I guess we all have them. I loaded up friday evening got everything all ready to go up north to Saratoga lake, alarm wen t off at 3:30 am and I was out there. got to with in 45 minutes away and MY BOSS called! He was sorry but he needed me to run the crew sat and sunday Bill my replacement called in sick. couldnt beklieve it. I get home 10:30 get to the job on Yasheva University in the Bronx by 11:30 just in time for the bottom to drop out and get shut down due to rain. and ended up not workin sat or sunday but blew my long awaited trip. Sooooo katie bar the door next friday I'm headed up and leavin phone at home.
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Finally got out. 2009/06/13 21:00:06 (permalink)
    Ohhhhh that's a rough one Doug , sorry to hear that ... it could have been worse though

You'll get'em next time !!
    Jump to: