Boat full of redsquirls and snakes!!!!

Author
Mr.Jigs
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 352
  • Reward points: 0
2009/05/26 20:01:10 (permalink)

Boat full of redsquirls and snakes!!!!

well when you leave a boat turned upside down and settin in tall grass for 2 yrs, you get what you get. Thank God the snake didnt come out when my wife was in the boat monday it came out today with me nasty little booger about 2 ft long
I looked down and my feet where on him. Last seen him swimmin best he could cross the lake, lol then for an hr after that I kept hearing a chitering noise couldnt figure out what it was till a redsquirl came flyin out from under the seat through a hole and that baby sailed off the side into the water like he was born to it. what a day. didnt catch any walleye fishin the tail end of this little cold snap. But found a good mess of crappies that had moved onto the deeper weed beds ended up with 15 nice ones.

4 Replies Related Threads

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Boat full of redsquirls and snakes!!!! 2009/05/26 20:39:40 (permalink)
    That's hilarious man!

I once drove from the Everglades of Florida all the way up to Denali in Alaska for a change in job assignments.  Since I didn't want to drag the boat and trailer all the way up the ALCAN, I opted to put the canoe on the roof and take it north with me for eight months instead.

All was fine until I got into the hills of Kentucky, and suddenly a 5ft Black Rat Snake came slithering out of the bow plate of the canoe while it was strapped upside down to the roof!  You haven't lauged hard until you've seen a grown man screaming and hoping the high-speed windshield wipers are strong enough to move a 5 footer!

After that episode, and a bit of a crash in an Yukon snowstorm that put me in my side, it was smooth sailing!!!

You'll get those walleye this week, I am sure!!!  Go get 'em, Brother!!!

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: Boat full of redsquirls and snakes!!!! 2009/05/27 17:30:27 (permalink)
    Lmao! Yea a snake underfoot or one crawlin down the windshield in your face! lol that is too funny. and thanks, Im gettin all geared up and ready to hi the walleye hard sat and sund. goin to white pod and they tell me sylvan lake has walley too. if'n I dont get them there look out up north cause I'll spend a few days there next if need be. lol
    PHISHAHN
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 25
    RE: Boat full of redsquirls and snakes!!!! 2009/05/28 17:33:05 (permalink)
    Had a fishin' partner have a mouse crawl up his leg after putting in his resie boat in while he was out in the middle of the lake. Needles to say his pants were not worth much after that, mouse guts and his crap pretty much meant the end for them. Same guy also had a snake crawl out of his seat and crawl out on the oar, snake fell in the H2O and swam away. Personally, had a mouse give birth under my seat into the bailer/sponge set-up I had for water removal.
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: Boat full of redsquirls and snakes!!!! 2009/05/30 11:34:55 (permalink)
    lol, Boat critters! makes for an interesting time all over sounds like.
    Jump to: