6 Ponds In 3 Days

Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
2009/05/25 15:58:15 (permalink)

6 Ponds In 3 Days

back home a bit weary and plenty of bumps, the bugs were out in full force... fished long and hard and we were rewarded with plenty of brook trout. i mean from what pond we fished determined how big or small the trout were. well over 100 brookies were caught but here is the kicker...
on the first day out my battery died and a million dollar camera aint worth squat if you forget the charger (down side of this camera, needs a charger) , so very few pic's.

here are a few....

fished all these ponds, would not recommend any of them... plenty fish but small.
there is 1 pond not listed there but is very close and produced very big brookies..

this one is called little "  ..... had some decent fish but also bullheads , not really a bad thing..

just before the battery died I got these in.. I thought eagleed may have been taking these shots  (lol) ..

Once I got to the right ponds catching 15" > 17" brookies was the norm...

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen

5 Replies Related Threads

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: 6 Ponds In 3 Days 2009/05/25 18:14:20 (permalink)
    Nice RJ !

Did you stay dry up there , i know north of Albany got pounded by a few storms over the weekend .

Also , when your back a few miles in at those places do you see many people ?
    Are the trails open or do you have to bushwack in places ?

Never did anything like that , just curious.

BB

ILikePike
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: 6 Ponds In 3 Days 2009/05/25 18:53:16 (permalink)
    Very nice!! a few years back me and some friends camped out at clear pond, very beatiful small pond. it truly lived up to it's name. just in front of the lean-to you could see right down to the bottom just before the drop off. it was also fun listening to the coyote calls getting closer.... and closer.... then hearing them scurrying around just outside the campsite. oxshoe (sp???) pond was also pretty nice too, didn't fish either of them, but there were a few guys out there catching some trout.
    one of these days i'll get back out into the wilderness..........

also, were those last shots "underwater shots"????
    post edited by ILikePike - 2009/05/25 18:56:11
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: 6 Ponds In 3 Days 2009/05/25 20:58:15 (permalink)
    Brian:
    the ponds listed on the trail signs were easy hike trails. the 2 other ponds I fished were bushwack no trails and yes they were better fishing by far.
    not really sure why but some and I'll name them had tons of small 5" stockie brookies. Bear, Clear & Lily. I would not return to them again.

I did see people in some places along some trails but only hikers and the lean to's were empty at most.
    storms were not a factor, breif heavy rain sunday only, for the most part it was clear and mild but the bugs were VERY thick.

Pike:
    yea that was my attempt at underwater, better luck next week when I charge the camera and will be fishing some streams as well.
    seen plenty of bear tracks as well but no critters.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    blitz42
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 258
    RE: 6 Ponds In 3 Days 2009/05/26 19:15:37 (permalink)
    looks like a great time, I'm hoping to make a trip way, way up their this summer.
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: 6 Ponds In 3 Days 2009/05/26 20:09:03 (permalink)
    Nice RJ gettin out there and doing it, way to go man, you never know when something happens to keep you from doing it, so keep on while ya can. 
    Jump to: