Santa sighting ....

Author
REEL FORCE
  • Total Posts : 552
  • Reward points: 0
2009/05/18 17:38:44 (permalink)

Santa sighting ....

On the way home from Striper fishing I made a detour and stopped by Santamans house - indeed he has been busy - ya ought to see his new "man cave" I'm jealous ! Well he's finishing a few projects around the house and should be ready for Bass season.

8 Replies Related Threads

Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Santa sighting .... 2009/05/18 18:12:00 (permalink)
    Cool!!! Just make sure He's at JIMMY'S for THE PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 374
    RE: Santa sighting .... 2009/05/18 18:15:54 (permalink)
    Santa sighting? Not just Santa Man. Hell, we saw a bunch of people from here Friday and Saturday. We fished with Yank in the morning on Friday. Ran into Perch in the afternoon. Blitz was out at Corning Saturday morning with his father and I think his brother. A little later in the morning we ran into Ship. Gee, we had to go by Santa's house to see him...lol. Was nice to finally put faces with some of the posts. 
                       Tight Lines Mates, Cheers

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    blitz42
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 258
    RE: Santa sighting .... 2009/05/18 19:02:12 (permalink)
    knew it was just a matter of time before we saw one of you guys, how'd you guys make out, we got the big skunk-O
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Santa sighting .... 2009/05/18 19:57:46 (permalink)
    Yeah...  Santaman's old basement paneling and dimensional lumber has been in my yard for a few weeks next tp the fireplace...  He came out of nowhere to call up and say he had some firewood for the party in August...

Will wonders never cease?

Of course, that wood is never going to make it until August, but it sure was nice of him to come by and drop it off for us!  Much of it has already been pilfered and made into planter boxes for Suzi's house and some shelves for my game room.  But we're due for a little get-together sometime soon, fo' sho'!

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Santa sighting .... 2009/05/18 20:08:19 (permalink)
    Jimmy, Are the crappies bitting yet???

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Santa sighting .... 2009/05/18 20:29:06 (permalink)
    Yup...  Been 'on beds' for about three weeks now... 

This year they are a bit deeper than last, but still abundant and pretty easy pickings after work most evenings.

I just walked inside from blasting about a dozen FAT bluegills on the popper and 5wt out front after a long workday.  No crappie tonight, but I don't tend to hit them on the poppers as much as sinking streamers, etc.

Tiny 1/16oz curly tail jigs are still wickedly lethal on the crappie though, of course... 

This year the bluegill seem enormous compared to last Spring...  Not sure what's up, but there are some pretty serious bulls in there that will really give you a ride on the fly rod from the dock!

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    blitz42
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 258
    RE: Santa sighting .... 2009/05/18 21:30:02 (permalink)
    yo, tube jigs were great for the crappie, and the gills are HUGE! I would love to meet up with someone there, i'm in cape cod this weekend though.
    ILikePike
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: Santa sighting .... 2009/05/19 07:06:03 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Neversink Jimmy

This year the bluegill seem enormous compared to last Spring...  Not sure what's up, but there are some pretty serious bulls in there that will really give you a ride on the fly rod from the dock!

Must be all that corn you've been feeding them..... you've created a race of genetically superior panfish!!
    Jump to: