Presque Isle Bay

Author
Jenga
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points: 0
2009/04/16 09:22:33 (permalink)

Presque Isle Bay

Hi everyone this is my first time posting and would like to introduce myself.  I am from michigan and love to fish for smallies on Lake St. Clair.  I am planning on coming to the bay for the first time to fish in a family tournament with my brothers vs. My cousins who are from Maryland.  We chose PIB because it is half way for both of our familys to drive.  I have heard great things about the bay, we are coming on Apr. 30 though May 1.  I have a few questions, First where would be a good place to camp that is close to a boat launch?  Also what are some techniques that I could use to target the smallies in the bay.  I would assume probably the same techniques i use on LSC but not sure.  I have heard of some places like the Cribs near some plant out in the main lake, Fantasy land, Blojoe and JP just wondering where these areas are.  I can't find them on my navonics map and was wondering if they are local names.  If there are any other areas that might produce some nice smallies that would be great to.  Thanks for the info and I hope everyone has a great year fishing.

Thanks,
Jenga

4 Replies Related Threads

harrypelles
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1007
    RE: Presque Isle Bay 2009/04/16 10:58:41 (permalink)
    Can't offer much help, Jenga, but I can offer you a welcome to the forums!

Good luck in the bay!
    harrypelles
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1007
    RE: Presque Isle Bay 2009/04/16 11:02:35 (permalink)
    Oh, one other thing...

You might get more responses in the "FishErie.com Discussion Board" regarding Erie and its watershed rather than just the NW boards. Most folks check at least both of these boards I think, so shouldn't be that much of a difference either way.
    musky hunter906
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 135
    RE: Presque Isle Bay 2009/04/16 20:45:25 (permalink)
    not sure if ya do the honor system but  if not those dates your only aloud one bass over 20" in your livewell.
    kastmasterpro
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 272
    RE: Presque Isle Bay 2009/04/30 21:55:14 (permalink)
    u gotta fish the shallow flats during the spring..head back in the misery bay or go around the channel to the beaches and crank black plugs in or cast dark colored salt tubes best color is black..or try black/black spinnerbaits with silver blades back in the laggoons or around perry's monument
    Jump to: