Pymatining - Shenango - Or Steelhead for Handicapped Angler

Author
Grouchy Coyote
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 21
  • Reward points: 0
2009/04/03 23:12:07 (permalink)

Pymatining - Shenango - Or Steelhead for Handicapped Angler

Hey Guys...  Hope someone can help me out...

My wife and I are looking to get out next Friday (10th) or Saturday (11th) in the Sharon to Erie Area...

Basically wherever the fish are biting well, and somewhere we can take my Mother in Law in a wheelchair.

A pontoon Boat isn't out of the question either at Shenango or Pymatunning unless their rentals are not out yet.

I really would like to get her out somewhere she will catch some fish, was hoping for some steelheads, but I am not sure if there is any handicapped access areas for them or not...

Can anyone tell me what they think my best options are?

Thanks for any and all help..

5 Replies Related Threads

budsaddiction
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 35
    RE: Pymatining - Shenango - Or Steelhead for Handicapped Angler 2009/04/03 23:30:13 (permalink)
    walnut creek access area has quite a bit of handicap friendly area.
    the creek is still teaming with fresh fish.hope this little tidbit helps, call bac bait or poor richards bait shop they are invaluable if this is new to you.
    good luck

Those who know do not tell, those who tell do not know
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: Pymatining - Shenango - Or Steelhead for Handicapped Angler 2009/04/04 00:21:20 (permalink)
    Elk access is another option for Steelhead. Both require, a "helper" for ( landing purposes ), but are easily accessible, and fishable from a wheelchair.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    Steelin4Fun
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 60
    RE: Pymatining - Shenango - Or Steelhead for Handicapped Angler 2009/04/04 09:41:02 (permalink)
    I was just at the end of the road marina in Linesville. They have their pontoon boats in for rental. They also have a fishing pier there. 
    Grouchy Coyote
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 21
    RE: Pymatining - Shenango - Or Steelhead for Handicapped Angler 2009/04/04 19:50:18 (permalink)
    Good Deal, thanks for the help guys...

Okay, I am new to the steelhead fishing game...

Couple stoopid questions...
    What are fresh and old fish? 
    What bait /line / hooks would be best for them?
    What is the best time of the day to catch them?

Another question...
    If you have the options to take someone out and you wanted them to 'catch fish', where would you go?

Thanks again for all the help, I can't wait to get her out there and hook into some...
    Master Guide
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 100
    RE: Pymatining - Shenango - Or Steelhead for Handicapped Angler 2009/04/04 23:51:06 (permalink)
    If you want them to just catch some fish I would not target steelhead espically with it seeming like you are new to it. Odds will not be in your favor to land steelhead as opposed to Largemouth that are biting quite well on Presque Isle Bay in Erie Pa or some other fish like bluegills,yellow perch,crappies which are also on Pi. Better chance of more bites and landing a fish once you hook them. Good luck.
    Jeremy
    Jump to: