Wednesday Rain...

Author
Neversink Jimmy
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 798
  • Reward points: 0
2009/03/11 10:55:01 (permalink)

Wednesday Rain...

So its pouring rain outside and the phones and internet are down at work...  Something about the ol' T1 connection underground.  Everytime it gets wet or thaws, I end up working from home.  Nice. 

But as I look at the lake outside I see open edges around my dock piles, slush in the center, and winds ripping.  And now my thoughts turn to open water.

It's like December, full circle.  Instead of looking for safe ice once the boat goes away, I am now dying to find OPEN water to cast a streamer or a spinner or a crankbait.  It's only 11am, and now I've got fishing on the brain.

I think if this keeps up I am going to have to go up to the Indian River and see whats going on with the early Rainbows on the year-round stretch.

Two weeks from today it's open season everywhere for trout.

Anyone been shore fishing anywhere yet?

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman

5 Replies Related Threads

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Wednesday Rain... 2009/03/11 11:41:17 (permalink)
    Yeah some local outages down here this morning. We only lost power for a few minutes at my work.

I packed up all my ice stuff, going to take a few weeks and get things done around the house as well as sorting through and restringing my Striper and all open water gear.

Probably check on my rez boat so i can get out there early April.

April will be busy for me, i am involved in a DEC Herring monitoring program this year, wife is going going to FL for a week, and mid-late month brings STRIPERS !!!

Good luck out there everybody !
    ILikePike
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: Wednesday Rain... 2009/03/11 11:52:08 (permalink)
    i stopped by my catfishing spot yesterday and all the ice is gone..... but now it's under 5 feet of water. once the river goes down a bit i'll be out there whether i catch anything or not.
    mcasefish
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 16
    RE: Wednesday Rain... 2009/03/13 00:20:40 (permalink)
    I too have packed up the auger and tip-ups...Thought about heading over to MA, maybe hit the Westfield river, water still way to high maybe next week.

Bassinbrian are you fishing the Hudson for Stripers? I just started fishing them last year. Before that was mostly fishing at Cape Cod or R.I Not much luck last year in the Hudson some small schoolies. Hopefully this year will be better.
    jkbugger
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 211
    RE: Wednesday Rain... 2009/03/13 19:22:58 (permalink)
    jimmy sorry I missed your guys icefishing outing, haven't checked out the message boards much but I fell in love with ice fishing again this year, not to many lakes in the catskills. At ice out i am going to try to get out on thompsons for some surface activity. will be on a river soon in some unnamed spots for some smallies on the fly, glad they made C&R all year. Keller williams next friday got tickets but may be out of town, u going? or maybe need tickets cause mine may turn out to be useless
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Wednesday Rain... 2009/03/13 21:19:59 (permalink)
    Bassinbrian are you fishing the Hudson for Stripers?

Yes sir, my favorite fishing of the year
    Jump to: