Discovery show seeking rugged outdoorsman with a pickup truck

Author
MysteryEI
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2009/03/05 10:24:03 (permalink)

Discovery show seeking rugged outdoorsman with a pickup truck

A New York-based production company is seeking a rugged outdoorsman/lumberjack type with a pickup truck and, ideally, a house in a rural/suburban area in Upstate NY/NJ, for re-creation/crew work for a Discovery Planet Green pilot shoot this Monday 3/9. If you fit the bill, please contact us ASAP at MysteryEI@yahoo.com

5 Replies Related Threads

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Discovery show seeking rugged outdoorsman with a pickup truck 2009/03/05 18:16:14 (permalink)
    I'm pretty good with an ax! I can run a mean chainsaw too! I have a checkered black and red woolrich have jeans and a pair of danner lugged steeltoes!!!! The only thing is I shave so no beard here.. I have a p/u but it has a matching forest green fiberglass cap and I need four new bf goodrich AT's, I reserve my tundra's 4.7 turbo 4x4 for incliment hazardous weather  conditions such as snow, sleet or if I get stuck offroad, say like when parking just off the road along the bank of some catskill stream etc. I'll ask what type a rugged work if the money is there!oh, and where we shoottin?
    post edited by backin79 - 2009/03/05 18:18:51

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Discovery show seeking rugged outdoorsman with a pickup truck 2009/03/05 19:21:47 (permalink)
    really, well I was a logger for 9 years . Jonsered 2186 was the saw of choice then but now for my personal use I like the Husqvarna 450.
    I have always wore steel toe "logger" boots. Outdoors type, shoot I havent shaved clean in 30 years.Lived and worked outdoors all my life. Used to chase bears from the trash when I lived in the Adirondacks.
    Looking for a good guide contact me ASAP..

V

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: Discovery show seeking rugged outdoorsman with a pickup truck 2009/03/06 15:33:33 (permalink)
    Monday I have a dentist appointment $$$ also an appointment to get estimate for tundra exhaust system$$$$ and before any long trip north I''l need new tires$$$ I'm sitting with no work on a computer learning/practicing bluegrass on acoustic some old tull and yes and praying for business to pick up.. nobody is calling! oh man it is going to be a rough 09 ..might half to pump gas or something this keeps up!

New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Discovery show seeking rugged outdoorsman with a pickup truck 2009/03/07 11:40:58 (permalink)
    Hmmm  I guess driving a Ford Taurus and living in the North Central section of Troy isn't what you're looking for.  Lemme tell you the wildlife here is a lot scarier than anything you see in the woods.   You gotta be rugged just to get a gallon of milk at the store. 
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: Discovery show seeking rugged outdoorsman with a pickup truck 2009/03/07 22:33:33 (permalink)
    your stores still carry milk? lucky you! hey anybody have obamas email or cell # ? .. i was just watch Glen Beck and.. oh nevermind, what's the use

Jump to: