Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Stillhead
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1887
  • Reward points: 0
2007/07/04 19:20:19 (permalink)

Spoon's toons sails again

Made the trip to the Oak on Monday with  Spoon"I need more coffee!!" Chucker, Creel, and Albud.  We had a great trip landing Kings,browns and steelhead. Had our first rod in the water at 4 pm on Monday and at 4:15 we were 0 for 2.  Things got better from there and the bite was consistant all evening and again on Tuesday morning.   The lake was nice, the weather was great, and the fish were biting. The smoothest running trip I think we ever had until the ride home, when someone, I won't mention any names, left their cell phone behind and we had to backtrack 30 miles to get it.   I know, I know, you did buy dinner

Mr. Cell phone himself, with the first king of the trip

Captain chucker

Creel with the best one of the trip

This is Lake Ontario's version of a trash fish in my opinion.  Sorry, when there are Kings and steelhead around to be caught, I don't want no stinking browng trout, maybe if it's over 15 lbs.  But these 7lbers fought like walleyes that taste bad.

Yes, now that the junk Brown trout left us alone were back into the Kings

Old duud

We're gonna need a bigger cooler

The only steelhead of the trip

Thanks again Spoon

post edited by Stillhead - 2007/07/04 19:25:01

45 Replies Related Threads

Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/04 19:29:14 (permalink)
    Oh, I forgot the non-fish pictures.

Fishon1021
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 51
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/04 21:20:07 (permalink)
    Nice fish.  Looks like you all enjoyed yourselves.  Great pics.
    mr.fisherman
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 169
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/04 21:49:44 (permalink)
    Wow! Nice fish. I'm sure it takes all the skill in the world to drag lines behind a boat all day and wait for a strike and reel it in. Congrats! I'm impressed! I bet you guys are out of breath from sitting in a chair all day.
    Skip16503
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4028
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/04 22:01:19 (permalink)
    Brad  That was totally uncalled for  If you have a problem with somebody would you please take it up with them off these boards  If you get pi$$ed at me that tells me a lot  Those guys caught some great fish there and deserve some credit..  Its not as easy as dragging spoons around.........

Stillhead Looks like you guys had a great time those are some great fish

So tell the truth Did the old guy really keep up???????

Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/04 22:14:17 (permalink)
    Skip,

yeah it was a great time.  Spoonie's like an old timex watch.  I actually think if the other two didn't have places to be,  we'd still be up there right now.

We did nearly have an injury when Al ran over John when going after a rod. Other than that the old guys held up well.
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2647
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/04 22:16:32 (permalink)
    AWESOME FISH!!!!!!!!!
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2647
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/04 22:27:48 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: mr.fisherman

Wow! Nice fish. I'm sure it takes all the skill in the world to drag lines behind a boat all day and wait for a strike and reel it in. Congrats! I'm impressed! I bet you guys are out of breath from sitting in a chair all day.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! you talking about skill now????? backing the boat and trailer into the water takes more skill than the fishing stories you tell. sitting on some rocks at Raccoon Lake dangling minnows from a hook, fishing in a bathtub full of steelhead, minnow fishing in Geneva Swamp. lots of skill there.

seems one way or another you always have problems with boat fishermen. theyre always running up on you and your secret fishing spots, and now you have a problem with fishermen SUPPOSEDLY sitting in chairs and winding in fish all day. never seen a boat that didnt have a seat. sounds like boat envy. get yourself a boat and maybe youll have happier days on the water.
    mr.fisherman
    Avid Angler
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/04 22:39:02 (permalink)
    I'm not the out of shape fat****that sits in a chair to fish. I fish from shore out of choice, hiking miles. And I'm better off. I just don't forget those that chose to stab me in the back or accuse me of trying to spread my name. I only fish for fun and would fish with most anyone.

ORIGINAL: *commander*

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! you talking about skill now????? backing the boat and trailer into the water takes more skill than the fishing stories you tell. sitting on some rocks at Raccoon Lake dangling minnows from a hook, fishing in a bathtub full of steelhead, minnow fishing in Geneva Swamp. lots of skill there.

seems one way or another you always have problems with boat fishermen. theyre always running up on you and your secret fishing spots, and now you have a problem with fishermen SUPPOSEDLY sitting in chairs and winding in fish all day. never seen a boat that didnt have a seat. sounds like boat envy. get yourself a boat and maybe youll have happier days on the water.
    Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/04 22:40:33 (permalink)

I wasn't looking to impress you.  Just sharing our results as I know there are guys on here who also make the trip up there that wouldn't mind knowing the fishing is good right now. It's one of the few fishing reports I'll ever post on this site. 

I totally understand if trolling is not your cup of tea. It really isn't my favorite thing to do either, but I will do it to catch Kings or something that tastes good like walleye.  However you are greatly mistaken if you think it's simple.  It can be at times, but not always. 

As far as sitting in a chair all day, other than the 10 minute ride out and in from the dock,  I sat maybe a total of 5 minutes in two days.   When the bite is on there is no form of fishing less relaxing or more work than running manual down riggers and large dipsy divers, we didn't use planer boards, add them and you're really busting your rear.    I've spent 12 straight hours double hauling large streamers into 25 mph winds, that's no where near the work of running 6 or more rods during a hot bite.

But again, I wasn't trying to impress anyone,  only replied to your post because I figured someone going by the screen name Mr. fisherman might be interested in learning something about fishing, just trying to help you out with a little info.
    ronnie84
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 580
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/04 22:42:00 (permalink)
    Very impressive fish there.

Seven pound brown trout, 'trash fish'? I think I need to find better fisheries!
    mr.fisherman
    Avid Angler
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/04 23:05:52 (permalink)
     All small caps in my name. please don't confuse my name with the imposter names. Really, by now I know who they all are. The badges don't scare me. And after yesterday I know as I always knew that its only a small number of bad apples as in every batch.  

ORIGINAL: Stillhead

I wasn't looking to impress you.  Just sharing our results as I know there are guys on here who also make the trip up there that wouldn't mind knowing the fishing is good right now. It's one of the few fishing reports I'll ever post on this site. 

I totally understand if trolling is not your cup of tea. It really isn't my favorite thing to do either, but I will do it to catch Kings or something that tastes good like walleye.  However you are greatly mistaken if you think it's simple.  It can be at times, but not always. 

As far as sitting in a chair all day, other than the 10 minute ride out and in from the dock,  I sat maybe a total of 5 minutes in two days.   When the bite is on there is no form of fishing less relaxing or more work than running manual down riggers and large dipsy divers, we didn't use planer boards, add them and you're really busting your rear.    I've spent 12 straight hours double hauling large streamers into 25 mph winds, that's no where near the work of running 6 or more rods during a hot bite.

But again, I wasn't trying to impress anyone,  only replied to your post because I figured someone going by the screen name Mr. fisherman might be interested in learning something about fishing, just trying to help you out with a little info.
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/04 23:20:18 (permalink)
    Great hero shots, duuds.  The scenery ones are nice too, but we all know why we go out, and it aint about impressing anyone on a message board.  It's the fish, man.  The fish. 

I can just imagine that spoony is fine on the boat.  No trees around.

Thanks for sharing.
    bclev
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 68
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/04 23:20:31 (permalink)
    Awesome pics.  I fished out of Oak once and caught a ton of lakers and small kings.  I believe that one fish is a coho.  Good job.
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8508
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 06:57:59 (permalink)
    Nice! Thanks for sharing. Its has been a long time since I fished there. Brought back alot of memories.

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 07:10:45 (permalink)
      Very nice pics of some very nice fish..
       And as for u mrsfisherman take a little advice my grandma who used to say." If you don't have anything good to say then say nothing at all."

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 07:13:06 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ronnie84

Very impressive fish there.

Seven pound brown trout, 'trash fish'? I think I need to find better fisheries!

I guess it's just a different perspective. Catching the browns on trolling gear is similar to catching bluegills on a 9wt fly rod.   The browns are ok in the streams in the fall on lighter tackle.  But not trolling gear.  Catching the Kings on trolling gear is similar to catching steelhead on a 3wt. Just hold on and hope they stop before you have to turn the boat around and go after them.
    jaymztrain
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 07:36:11 (permalink)
    wow, those sure r purty fish. anybody who says that trolling is to easy OBVIOUSLY hasnt done any.
    beerman
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1314
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 08:51:58 (permalink)
    Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!

changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes....nothing remains quite the same

The Beerman ~ Greg
    albud1962
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 165
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 09:04:01 (permalink)
    The Power of Ironhed compels you the power of ironhed compels you... Did it work?
    Guess not mr. cry baby is still here.
    walcat01
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 391
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 11:04:07 (permalink)
    mr fisherman: you sound like one of those guys that is jealous and too **** cheap to invest the money to fish like that. Take a hike a--hole!
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2396
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 11:31:04 (permalink)
    Great pics! grrr stillhead now its your fault I got the fever! Ive been ok not really thinking bout heading north til I was only going to head to erie. but now I just gotta get to Ontario. which was hurting most at the end of the day your forearms or your legs?

mr.fisherman your just not making and sense.

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
    -Steve Rinella
    Panfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 799
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 12:18:05 (permalink)
    Stillhead
    Nic pics and awesome fish.  Who was you calling old duud in that one picture-Spoon or The King Salmon?    lol

congrats on the catches.
    post edited by Panfisher - 2007/07/05 14:00:51

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.
    IUP30
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 376
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 12:27:56 (permalink)
    I love seeing pics like this -- just makes me miss the Oak even more.  Did you guys hit up the Black North for some cold ones after hauling in big kings all day? 
    yungguru
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 170
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 12:34:48 (permalink)
    ol duuds lik spOonsuker shuld nott drinck cofee
    its badd for ther hart

fsh ar smal

old duuds an fatt boys onn a smal bote
    i bett the bote had a badd smel aftar yu wer done
    Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 13:29:12 (permalink)
    post edited by Stillhead - 2007/07/05 15:39:55
    Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 13:32:53 (permalink)
    We never made it to the black north, it was too late for dinner there when we got off the lake and the old duuds don't drink.
    kevinupp
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 606
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 14:02:21 (permalink)
    Cool pics.

Bet ya woulda been singing a different tune about the browns if one would've been a nice 15 lber or so.

ps. I bet them guys atleast helped spoon get the boat out of the water. Unlike some people who like to leave the person who was nice enough to take them out stranded on the beach at Lake Arthur.
    Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 15:41:18 (permalink)
    Yeah, I could live with a 15lb brown I suppose.
    kevinupp
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 606
    RE: Spoon's toons sails again 2007/07/05 16:42:16 (permalink)
    He didn't try and get ya run over by a sailboat did he?

He really likes sailboats.

Or is that Sailboats really like him?

More than a million trees a year die to print environmentalist publications.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: