Steelhead streamers tied with rabbit strips

Author
PACOFRANSICO
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 276
  • Reward points: 0
2009/01/16 01:18:20 (permalink)

Steelhead streamers tied with rabbit strips

I tied these a couple of nights ago, there kinda loosy based on other pattterns but tweeked a little.

#4 streamer 4x long 1x strong rabbit strip body, coyote fur tail

This ones called the "Big Ugly" Kinda my wooly bugger taken to the extreme on a #4 hook use a lotta lead on the shank on this,found em hard to sink at first.

I dont know I just thought it would catch fish
chinile body, zonker strip tail.

"If, when you pull a fly out you
dont hear drums and cant smell
chicken blood in the air, put it back
in the box, for if it is evil you seek,
then it can only be conjured with the
same.

1 Reply Related Threads

...masterofnone
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 41
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Steelhead streamers tied with rabbit strips 2009/01/17 10:08:55 (permalink)
    Nice.  I love rabbit strips.  I used to make and use zonkers a lot, but started messing with bead "eyes" and then had a problem or two with them turning upside-down when I didn't think they would.  I also experimented with hot glue under-bodies under pearl mylar cord covering - these looked great but definitely rolled right over.  (I'm not sure what your "eye" is on the bottom one, but it looks like it's is going to flip over - if it's a dumbbell it will for sure - if it's a weight at all - I'm not getting a real clear image on my ancient computer.  Anyway, it's just that I spent some time on some nice ones and was dissapointed when I got to the stream, so I wanted to make sure you considered that.)  Now I make leech style (like the top one) almost exclusively (sz 14 to 2).  Stick some flash in at the tail and maybe a turn or two of a large hackle feather at the head for color and profile or maybe an "egg" head, and they work, they're easier to make, and it doesn't matter if they flip.

Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? - Job 41:1
    Jump to: