Help I'm now "hooked"

Author
Steelin4Fun
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 60
  • Reward points: 0
2009/01/10 11:17:46 (permalink)

Help I'm now "hooked"

I know I know cheesy title.   Anyways I finally landed my first 4 fish yesterday on flies I tied myself. I've hooked them on flies before but couldn't land them.  It was a lot more rewarding when I landed them on my own tied flies. I just spent about 50 bucks in material today because of it. I am also trying to tie different things. I had a couple wooley buggers come out pretty descent and some clouser minnows that turned out pretty good. Now for my question......

Am I going to spend all of my paychecks on this new found obsession?

Youtube is a great great tool for beginners!!!!

3 Replies Related Threads

killdeer19
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 654
    RE: Help I'm now "hooked" 2009/01/10 11:34:52 (permalink)
    YES! YOU WILL!

Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
    2Bonthewater
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 651
    RE: Help I'm now "hooked" 2009/01/10 12:19:04 (permalink)
    It starts out simple...........then it will consume you and your pocket book...........my fly tying desk (found at a thrift shop !!!!)  is loaded to the hilt with every conceivable color in the world..............open one drawer.......then open another........it is like going into another world..........not sure how much I have...but it keeps me happy........and the wife doesn't mind..........

..........the desk I found cost me 25 bucks..........big desk..........5 nice drawers..........plus a center drawer.........and then on the left and right.........right above the top drawers are two slide out platforms........great for the fly tying station to rest on...............and if a friend is over or I am teaching someone....they can use the other platform..........what luck I had in finding that desk

it truly never ends...............:-)
    post edited by 2Bonthewater - 2009/01/10 12:20:12

www.2bonthewater.com
    clinchknot
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 831
    RE: Help I'm now "hooked" 2009/01/10 15:19:18 (permalink)
    It started for me when my wife bought me a kit for Christmas. I tied a few, loved it, and proceeded to tell her " I need this and I need that" LOL. She told me I should have what I need in the kit. So I let her have a try at it. Next thing I know, she's telling me "we need this and we need that". Our checkbook hasn't been the same since.

I don't give a crap if anybody listens to me or not.
    Jump to: