scans of bottom

Author
judgeguy
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points: 0
2008/12/28 16:57:03 (permalink)

scans of bottom

Is there any place to view or get scans of the Lake Erie bottom off of Conneaut OH and the PA/OH state line, or of the trenches in that area?

3 Replies Related Threads

RELAYER
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 465
    RE: scans of bottom 2008/12/28 19:58:17 (permalink)
    Don't know about bottom scans of the areas you mentioned but erie bottom is preety much flat out deep. Forget everything you read about inland walleye fishing and structure when fishing deepwater eyes they suspend in the water colume the only thing they relate to is the BAITFISH. Find the bait and the eyes won't be far away
    Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    RE: scans of bottom 2008/12/28 20:41:46 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: RELAYER

Don't know about bottom scans of the areas you mentioned but erie bottom is preety much flat out deep. Forget everything you read about inland walleye fishing and structure when fishing deepwater eyes they suspend in the water colume the only thing they relate to is the BAITFISH. Find the bait and the eyes won't be far away

Good advice for Lake Erie walleye.

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: scans of bottom 2008/12/29 11:05:51 (permalink)
    Agree that the bottom is pretty much featureless, but on my new navionics card there are wrecks and other structural items that I didn't know was there. If you watch you can pick up year old cards for $75 or so.  Also agree that structure has little to do with Erie Walleye fishing, more of a temp/bait thing. Not sure if there is anywhere you can buy scans though.

Anybody tried the side scan sonar yet?
    Jump to: