time to get ready

Author
backin79
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1582
  • Reward points: 0
2008/12/15 18:51:41 (permalink)

time to get ready

It is getting closer.. but this crazy warm spell and rain ahead isn't helping that ice! I thought i'd start a discussion on handheld sonars.. I been using the original strikemaster polar vision. it looks the size of a typical 2D cell flashlight.. fits easily in a parka pocket or pack in the sled.. totally water proof and reliable.. It will  shoot through clean hard ice( using small watered surface ) otherwise, directly in the hole .. it floats to so no fear of sinking it...will even work through a solid plastic or aluminum hull rowboat, this little handholdable sonar reads up to 200' debt.. great for walking around the ice while poking and jigging looking for dropoffs or structure. Uses two 9 volt batteries which last at least a few trips. Another device I want to share , I  was gifted this hawkeye 3355 portable handholdable gadget fish finder.. it works but not sure as to how well for picking up fish yet.. I plan on mounting the transducer to a homemade bracket and placing it in a hole along a tip up for those times i plan on setting up tipups.. this thing is suppose to read fish better. We shall see.. again i like the fact both these devices are compact, a plus when packing on any occassion. I want big yellowperch you guys! walleye and big humpback perch! lol
post edited by backin79 - 2008/12/15 19:02:42

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: