FishBiologist
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2008/10/29 19:38:11 (permalink)

NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program

NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin Steelhead education program

News for Official Release: November 1,2008

Pennsylvania PBFC (PowerBait and FishChummers) association announced today that they would begin a steelhead education program to enhance the quality of fishing in the Keystoned State. The new hatchery program will involve an innovative technique using MicroShoKz Technologies microfish transducers to train steelhead much the same as electroshock collars are used to train dogs, cats, and hamsters. The transducers will be injected into all infant steelhead and the smarter fish will be stocked in spring 2009.

"We were getting a lot of complaints that our fish were too dumb and would bite almost anything within minutes and sometimes seconds after being chummed," said JoeBob Fairview, Chief Fish Biologist at Fairview Fish Hatchery. "Sometimes those chummers would have their limit of 10 fish before our stock trucks were out of sight. It's really traumatic for our workers on the truck and flyfishermen in the area." Mr. Fairview noted. These horrific unsportmenlike displays have caused at least 2 hatchery workers to go on permanent disability and several flyfishermen have fainted streamside spilling their beer. "We hope to reduce our Disability payout with this new program. And we'll will keep all of those fishing slobs from having any fun." Fairview reinterated."

Another hatchery worker, Dr. JimBob Girard, Head Raceway Attendant, explained the new training procedure. "Once the microthingys are implanted, we deliver a shock to the fish during feeding. We throw out a handful of LittleRichards brand salmon eggs and if the fish bite, we shock the heck out of 'em. After about a gallon of eggs and maybe 10 or 12 shocks, some of the fish are floating bellyup and the rest are so scared they huddle in the far end of the raceway," laughs Dr. Girard. "Some of the bellyup fish die, but the others learn real quick." He says with a knowing smile. "We have some cats around the hatchery and we just throw them the dead fish and those cats eat the heck out of em. Only problem is we have extra cat food now and our cats are getting as big as hogs" He smirked. "Sometimes those cats swallow the transducers whole and when we shock the fish, the cats let out a terrifying shriek." He added. Once the baby trout are trained what NOT to eat, the fish are then fed a natural steelhead diet consisting of
terrestrial bugs, non-terrestrial flies, extraterrestrial aliens, scuba diving bugs and Chartruese PowerBait.

Some groups have applauded the program including Zero Imbecile Trout. "We love this new program since most of our members are fly fishermen and can really snag these wily fish." Said Sir Edward Trouthead, Head Member of PA-ZIT. 'We've got plenty of members that have been snagging for years, but now they'll be able to catch a ton of steel just like those chumtards." Trouthead related. "We've always snagged the smartest fish, but the bait fishermen always cleaned up on those stupid pet fish from the hatchery. Now we'll be the ones cleaning up and those guys will be beatin the water for nothing."

While flyfishing groups are overjoyed, many baitslinging fishermen are not so happy. Mr. Thomcat Eggchucker, a Girard resident, told of his frustration with the new fish and eventual success. "The hatchery did a test stocking of the new fish in Elk Creek near my house" He said. "I couldn't catch one of those blasted new steelhead and I chummed everything I had eggs, skein, treble hooks, woolybuggers, and even pieces of my own foreskin. They wouldn't bite nothin." He said in disgust. "I thought about snaggin em but I was afraid my fellow fishermen would think less of me. Then one day, I bought one of those newfangled dog collars to train my dumb dog. I shocked him about 10 times straight and lo and behold a bunch of steelhead just came afloatin bellyup in the creek. I didn't have my fishin gear so I just grabbed my limit of 10 fish and threw them up on the bank" Mr. Eggchucker's good luck was shorted lived however. "I ran up to the house to get my heavy duty rope stringer, but before I could get back my neighbor's cat had eaten half of em. That cat is gettin as big as a hog so I'll catch him one of these days". Unfortunately, Mr Egghead has been haunted since then due to terrible shreiking sounds when using the shock collar.

Chief Fairview is hopeful for the new program. "We knew these chum fishermen were having a blast, but in our view it wasn't fair to the fish. We also felt that it really wasn't the high quality natural fishing experience we wanted in our PA Steelhead culverts. This program will entice chumming spin fishermen to begin fly-fishing. Heck, they should have been flyfishing anyway." He said. "There's just nothing like that tingly-all-over feeling you get when you catch a Steelhead on a dry fly. I caught one in the last five years and it's just awesome. It makes you feel like you've really accomplished something and then you feel superior to all other fishermen." He stated. "Plus, I own a flyfishing shop and guide service so I'm gonna make a bundle." Edray blurted... Letting the cat out of the bag.

30 Replies Related Threads

S-10
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5185
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/29 19:59:46 (permalink)
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/29 20:18:45 (permalink)

Letting the cat out of the bag.

Was it as big as a hog?
    JEB
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2248
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/29 20:53:59 (permalink)
    While flyfishing groups are overjoyed, many baitslinging fishermen are not so happy. Mr. Thomcat Eggchucker, a Girard resident, told of his frustration with the new fish and eventual success. "The hatchery did a test stocking of the new fish in Elk Creek near my house" He said. "I couldn't catch one of those blasted new steelhead and I chummed everything I had eggs, skein, treble hooks, woolybuggers, and even pieces of my own foreskin. They wouldn't bite nothin." He said in disgust. "I thought about snaggin em but I was afraid my fellow fishermen would think less of me. Then one day, I bought one of those newfangled dog collars to train my dumb dog. I shocked him about 10 times straight and lo and behold a bunch of steelhead just came afloatin bellyup in the creek. I didn't have my fishin gear so I just grabbed my limit of 10 fish and threw them up on the bank" Mr. Eggchucker's good luck was shorted lived however. "I ran up to the house to get my heavy duty rope stringer, but before I could get back my neighbor's cat had eaten half of em. That cat is gettin as big as a hog so I'll catch him one of these days". Unfortunately, Mr Egghead has been haunted since then due to terrible shreiking sounds when using the shock collar.

Sounds like your taking a shot at somebody ?
    clinchknot
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 831
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/29 20:54:23 (permalink)
    That's some funny stuff right there.

I don't give a crap if anybody listens to me or not.
    deetz4352
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3549
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/29 21:30:52 (permalink)
    And so a new breed of fishing tales shall begin , thanks alot Fishbiologist , Lets see who can come up with the most outlandish post for this thread. I wish not to partake but i sure dang well will read. Whos got the best imagination.
    bluehalo
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 97
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/29 21:55:06 (permalink)
    Dude, I may be a flyfisherman and took some shots as one from that post, but that was incredibley innovative and downright hilarious!

"...and even pieces of my own foreskin..."     What the f...
    rapala11
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6218
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/29 21:56:55 (permalink)
    you should be syndicated.................

FiveMilePete
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1131
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/29 23:33:55 (permalink)
    LOL.

Someone has way too much time on his hands.
    Screamin Steel
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 246
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 00:21:48 (permalink)
    If this is the latest from the PFBC, then one can only wonder what the PGC has in store for us next year....
    steelstalker
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 102
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 03:16:39 (permalink)
    I don't know why chummers don't just take the next logical step and toss a half stick in the hole after they've tossed in the bait. You've already proved that you don't know how to fish so why bother trying to hide it?
    smallhook
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 964
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 07:36:27 (permalink)
    that is good...

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 08:04:28 (permalink)
    Funny stuff right there....lol

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

pxatim
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4786
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 08:16:39 (permalink)
    haha wow can't believe someone took the time to right that up..

I wonder who it really could be..........
    JEB
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2248
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 08:57:36 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: steelstalker

I don't know why chummers don't just take the next logical step and toss a half stick in the hole after they've tossed in the bait. You've already proved that you don't know how to fish so why bother trying to hide it?

Unfortunately I know a guy who got a huge Palimino like that !
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 10:34:36 (permalink)

I don't know why message board trolls don't just take the next logical step and toss a half stick in their hole after they've posted in the thread. You've already proved that you don't know how to be a productive member of society so why bother trying to hide it?

Johnny_Johnson
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 10:53:38 (permalink)
    oh man, I got to the part about permanent disability and lost it.  Too funny, and very well written!
    mikeg
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2533
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 11:05:39 (permalink)
    Awesome thread!!!  Funny as heck!
    Ax
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 450
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 11:24:16 (permalink)
    Any guesses as to who this poster is? 
    pxatim
    Pro Angler
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 11:31:10 (permalink)
    It's probably AX... you gotta watch that guy
    Ax
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 450
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 13:11:42 (permalink)
    I am not inteligent enough or that good with grammar.  So that leaves me out.  I have my suspect though.  All letters of the alphabet. lol

cooljauman
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1633
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 13:41:14 (permalink)

hahaha

i wish my cat was as big as a hog

thats guiness book of world record sh1t right there

If the world needed and enema, they'd put the tube in Philadelphia. Go Pens!

Evgeni Malkin: I'M SCORE

S.D.S.G.F.C.
    steelstalker
    Avid Angler
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 13:59:14 (permalink)
    Aw come on Cold, do I have to start a new thread to make a joke? And don't look now but I've made plenty of productive posts over the years on here. You should look up that Biden skit from SNL last week about putting the foot in the mouth.
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 14:15:24 (permalink)
    If you meant it as a joke, I wish you'd have used a smiley to tip us off.  If you were indeed just being facetious, I sincerely apologize.  Its just that we already have a thread in here that's gone to rot because of posts like that and I was hoping for a lighter, more humorous thing here.  Thanks for clearing it up for me.  No worries!
    tippecanoe
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1451
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 14:18:15 (permalink)
    when i first opened this i said jezz, the i read it, and everyone is asking why im laughingnow. good one!
    doubletaper
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3977
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 15:16:37 (permalink)
     great!!! will my garage door opener transmitter work?
    i'll have to figure out some kind of porcupine fly to puncture the dead steelies floating on the top! the fight won't be the same but i can brag about how many i 'caught' with my secret fly

http://streamsidetales.bl...015/05/helles-yea.html
    it's not luck
    if success is consistent 

pxatim
    Pro Angler
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 15:19:28 (permalink)
    So the booby prize for the One Fly next year is gonna be a shock collar!!! haha
    steelstalker
    Avid Angler
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 15:32:53 (permalink)
    Seriously Duud, it was a joke I honestly don't care how peeps do their fishing. It may suck trying to fish when the bottom of the hole is covered in Powerbait nuggets and salmon eggs but whatever I guess.
    KJH807
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4863
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 15:46:45 (permalink)
    i must say the spelling, grammar, and sentence structure was top notch...
    dano
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2987
    RE: NEWS FLASH: PBFC to begin AntiChumming Steelhead education program 2008/10/30 16:36:47 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: FiveMilePete

LOL.

Someone has way too much time on his hands.

Yea, but in a good way.

Gone Fishing
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: